Jump to content
    totallyy
  • Author
  • 267 Words
  • 799 Views
  • 1 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Feelings I Don't Know How to Say Otherwise. - 2. Cliff

Heat throbbed against my skin, tingling against the cool air. A flutter of leaves sounded as the wind stroked the fleeing strands of my hair. My toes curled against the rough protrusions, clinging to them, devoting themselves to the reliability of friction.

The air enveloped me in a cool embrace, calming the uneasy heat pulsing through my veins. Droplets of perspiration clung futilely to my temples, losing the fight against gravity: falling, silently. I held fast, rooted in my stance, firm against the fluid air.

Brushing against the nape of my neck, sliding under my shirt, a gentle nudge guided my hunched body. My toes curled instinctively, not willing to part from the sturdy surface, but my body, exhausted, wanted to fall into the current: be swept away. Gentle breaths against my ear startled my mind, remembering in the last moments, the consequences of falling. I dug my heels into the ground, relieved at the firmness of the soil pushing against me.

Lulling draughts of cool air circled me, waiting, as beads of perspiration slid down my back. The effort to stand siphoned away the last wisps of my will.

Maybe it won’t be so bad, I thought.

Muffled protests escaped from behind the haze of comfort, drifting by unnoticed as my heels lifted, balls of my feet pushing against the crumbling soil. A soft touch guided my feet as I walked towards the calming song of promise.

Everything stilled, the elusive wind dropped. The moment of clarity drew my eyes to the emptiness that lay before me.

It’s a long way down, someone whispered.

Copyright © 2015 totallyy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmm.... Interesting, totallyy. I'll try to be as professional about this review as possible, but it's very very..., blush-worthy for the reader, without being vulgar.

I must say it's very difficult to understand during the first scan. A few word choices confused me. Combine that with a very literary and poetical way of delivering your verses, it took me a few scans of the story to fully understand what you are trying to say.

Once I learned the meaning of the story. Wow. It's like a rushing heat in the Summer of midnight, lingering. An ambivalent feeling of bliss and uncertainty can be felt. I think it would work very well as a love letter. And I wish you will find someone you can give this love letter to, hopefully soon. (or perhaps you already did)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..