Jump to content

Accused

   (3 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Patrick is accused of a heinous crime, which threatens to destroy his career and entire life, whether he's guilty or not.  

This story contains sensitive subject matter, including the mention of sexual abuse of a minor.  
Copyright © 2020 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Accused
    • 2,887 Words
    • 2,738 Views
    • 60 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a powerful short story that takes the reader through a trial by public opinion of a man accused of a terrible crime.  Patrick is faced with the loss of friends, peer respect and his business as a result of an accusation of child abuse. His story is compelling and raises many question about how people are treated by the press and public when faced with an accusation of a heinous crime.  Valkyrie is one of the most talented writers and treats this subject and the crime of which Patrick is accused with sensitivity and compassion.  Patrick is a compelling character and the plot is very realistic and concisely written.  The ending of the story will leave you feeling happy and wanting the story to continue.   

Response from the author:

Thank you for the great review!

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I thought I'd reviewed this last year, I'll put that mistake right.

This is a hard hitting story that deals with a difficult topic. We follow the story of Patrick who is charged with a truly henios crime. We follow his story as he could lose everything he has worked his life for, whether he is guilty or not.

A terrifically gripping tale from the very first word to the last.

It's a story that must be read, it is hard hitting but it deals with difficult subject matter in a tactful manner.

Comes highly recommended, this is a fantastic story that shows why we have anthologies.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much! 

  • Love 5
Link to review
Bill W

  

Valkyrie deals with very difficult subject matter in a sensitive, compassionate, and thoughtful manner and presents us with a provocative and impactful story.  It will give you a true understanding of why Lady Justice is blindfolded and carries a scale, and it also explains why the law is based on the motto: 'innocent until proven guilty'.  It's an emotional read, because the author expresses the feelings of the accused very eloquently, but it's well worth putting up with any discomfort you might feel as you read this dynamic and compelling story. 

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..