Jump to content

The Case of Cloud Rider

   (7 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, Light Mystery

Young adult fiction is full of teen detectives - The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators.  Following in their footsteps are The Turbot Brothers.  What happens when teenage detectives grow up?  Do they continue their investigative ways, or take a more a more traditional path in life?  Jim and Joe Turbot have to face the answers to those questions while revisiting their most memorable case - the case of Cloud Rider.   

Copyright © 2023 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.
  • Site Administrator
  • 07/12/2023 (Updated: 07/12/2023)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 4,170 Words
  • 3,514 Views
  • 38 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,170 Words
    • 1,941 Views
    • 37 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This is a story about two brothers who tried tried to solve a mystery when they were teens, but were unsuccessful.  Years later, the younger brother, who had never given up on the case, discovers some new clues and presents what he learned to his older brother.  Together, they now attempt to bring this investigation to a conclusion.    

In my humble opinion, this story definitely needs another chapter or two to wrap things up and I'm looking forward to reading them at a later date.  

  • Love 6
Link to review
raven1

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A great start that leaves you wanting more, much more.  It's an intriguing mystery that involves two estranged brothers.  The writing style is excellent and flows smoothly.  Excellent entry to the SA Anthology.

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

An awesome tale.

The great mystery of Cloud Rider that two brothers tried to solve as teenagers, that ended in tragedy. One brother becomes successful, the other brother falls apart.

But unknown to the successful brother, the other brother has never stopped trying to solve the mystery of Cloud Rider.

We witness regret, emotion and reconciliation between the brothers as they become a step closer to solving the mystery.

A great ending from Secret Author that leaves us wanting much more.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Mancunian

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A really good short story about two brothers reconnecting after years apart. It's one that leaves you wanting more. I hope we get a follow-up in the future.

  • Love 6
Link to review
kbois

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

If you enjoy mysteries definitely give this a go. Then start pestering the author for more. 

It's a great start to an excellent story. So grab your funky Sherlock Holmes cape and hat, magnifying glass and fingerprint kit and hunker down to start figuring out the clues!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Gary L

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

So much emotionally gripping writing in such a short piece is a sign of a high quality author.   This ticks all the boxes for a great read and leaves you desperate for more,  easily 5*****

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A worthy mystery. Well written and compelling. It's great on its own, but it's certainly moreish.  Another reviewer said we should pester the author for more.
 

So, here i am, pestering!

  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..