Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,651 Words
  • 704 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Defied Reality - 14. Chapter 14: Who's It Gonna Be

Taylor stood in the hall with Trent outside the cafeteria after everyone seemed to have cleared, what they didn't know was that Baily had stayed behind, leaning against the wall on the inside of the cafeteria, just by the entrance.

"Trent, I don't understand...why did you do that? Did you not think that I haven't been needing you all day? I mean, she obviously understands or she wouldn't have been there. So why did she make you do that? What? Is she scared that Friday nights dinner date will be a table for three? Or the first time you guys have sex, maybe it'll be a threesome? Or her marriage some day won't be perfect because you'll be breaking the marriage rules?"

Trent sighed. "Taylor, I didn't ask her any of those things. She just said...she needed to know that I could be with her...without you, she does understand though. I think...she just wanted to know if I could be strong enough to give you and her both a bit of fairness."

"Fairness." Taylor nodded. "That was very fair, this whole thing is entirely new to us and I get left to deal with it on my own."

"You had Tess...and Cole, and that new guy." Trent said.

"Yeah, thanks to that new guy, I didn't shatter all the windows, even beyond all the noise..I could hear the glass cracking..." Taylor looked off to the side and crossed his arms. "This is new...and we should be figuring it out...together." He looked at Trent. "Be honest, didn't you feel anything at all?"

"I felt your utter disappointment when we sat away from you, it was like my insides were being ripped out of me...and then I felt the jealousy, she asked me if I could feel what you felt. I told her you were disappointed, she asked if you were jealous, I lied...and I told her no."

"Sounds like she wants me to be." Taylor closed his eyes.

"Shes trying, this is beyond unconventional for her, we should know this just as well, we were dumped here and raised here. Gage is the one that comes down off of our other shiny home in the sky, the one we got denied, and tells us it's all okay there, it all works...but it's different here."

"So...she wants to make sure I'm not your keychain." Taylor looked at Trent. "Should we just draw up a schedule? Maybe we can make it look all professional...like a work chart, because that's what it would be, fighting....and fighting, you, me, ourselves, just so you can make her happy. You had her, obviously it didn't make it easier, you still felt my pain, it still hurt you."

"Taylor...we just can't. I never should of done what I did to begin with...if I hadn't...this bond would of never become."

"Is that how you feel? Because I remember it...and it was the best experience of my life." He frowned and turned away from Trent. "Just go...if we can't be together...we should be apart, maybe the bond will break, maybe Gage is wrong...maybe it's not forever."

"Don't be upset." He walked over and placed his hands on Taylor's shoulders and then pressed his face gently against the back of his head. "I can't stand it."

Taylor closed his eyes and his shoulders lightly trembled beneath Trent's hands and he turned around. "I need you...and you know that, you're the stronger one, I knew it from the time we met."

Trent pressed his forehead against Taylor's and closed his eyes. "We should go talk to Gage...and see what he thinks we should do." He said, so close to kissing Taylor.

Baily eased around the corner, just enough to see what was happening.

"I don't think he can help anymore than he already has." Taylor said, taking a step back as he fell against the wall.

Trent stepped forward and then his lips pressed to Taylor's and he kissed him deeply, his arms moved up and around, pulling Taylor forward, their bodies closing the distance as he wrapped his arms around Taylor when the wall was out of his way.

Taylor wrapped his arms around Trent's neck, his tongue dipped into his mouth and he pushed deeper, his arms left Trent's neck and his hands drifted down his chest.

Trent broke the kiss as soon as he felt the arousal begin to take over. "I have to go...I'm going to go home..."

Taylor drew in a deep breath and opened his eyes and he sighed, nodding. "Probably a good idea...or we'll have even worse rumors..."

Trent rubbed the side of Taylor's neck and his thumb brushed along his jawline. "I'll see you at home." He pulled his hand away and turned around to walk off.

Baily had watched the entire scene, and the brothers weren't the only ones that had gotten aroused by it. He closed his eyes and shook his head before rounding the corner and stepping out. "Taylor."

Taylor looked over at the sudden call of his name, by Baily. "You heard everything."

"Between...deleting people...and powers and...our other home in the sky..." Baily walked closer. "I won't pry...but obviously, it's something big and...well, taking all of that into account, and the fact that heaven wouldn't have rules like that, I have to guess, aliens?"

Taylor tilted his head to the side. "Part...that's why we have another home, we have two homes...with apparently very different rules...and different ways of working." He looked at Baily. "Did you watch? Everything we did...it was because we wanted to...but that want was never there until...we activated the bond by being intimate once..."

"Well, if the want was never there, why were you guys intimate even the first time?"

"Well, Trent was mad...and we went to this place, this incredibly special place...and once we were there, how we were there...I guess that alone, just being like that was enough to initiate it. I remember feeling normal at first...and then we just stared at each other...and this special place, it put us into the position to be tempted...and I think we were vulnerable to temptation all along, if we had been put in the right place, and we were."

Baily grinned. "To bad for who ever she is, might sound a little greedy...but so long as you didn't forget me...I wouldn't mind, I'd actually have a few ideas."

"I'd still like to throw a fork at Avery's forehead." Taylor walked over and grabbed Baily's hand and headed off down the hall.

Tess heard a knock on her door and walked over and opened it to find Investigator Jackson Blake at her door. She grinned. "You make house visits now, well come in." She turned around, leaving the door open for him.

Jackson forced a smile and walked in, shutting the door and he followed Tess into the living room, finding Cole there as well. "And...it's convenient that you are both here." He sat down in one of the chairs.

Tess flopped onto the couch beside Cole. "Really? Why?"

"Well, Johnny and Joby Geovetti's mother contacted me, told me that right after their...tragic yet very unexplainable death, you two showed up at her door, demanding property that you claimed was yours." Jackson laid a photo on the coffee table of Cole and Tess carrying The Arc out of Johnny and Joby's house.

Tess looked at the photo. "So? It's my treasure chest." She looked up at Jackson.

"Looks pretty heavy for a treasure chest, notice how much pressure it's taking you both to carry it? The little expressions on your faces? Even the subtle ones? Like the tense of your eyebrow or...the slight scrunch of your face, maybe your mouth hanging slightly open as you breath heavily..." Jackson looked up at them. "Truthfully, that thing looks like it belongs in a museum somewhere."

"Yeah, well, it belongs to me, just like Da Vinci's paintings belonged to him before he croaked, is that a crime? Maybe it will go to a museum after I die." Tess crossed one leg over the other.

"How about how Johnny, Joby and Eli died?" Jackson shook his head. "Don't play dumb, I know how you hit Mia, Taylor admitted to...supernatural phenomena when he messed up at the Good Will."

Tess laughed. "I had nothing to do with them. What would I want to do with them?"

"I don't know, maybe Johnny stole your...box to make you help him break Joby out of jail? Kind of mysterious how all the glass vanished and nothing was left but a pile of water everywhere."

Tess narrowed her eyes at the man. "You know what? The person you should be talking to...is Brighton, because right down the hall in my bed room, he knocked me out and raped me, Johnny and Eli were in the closet, I came to find out much later. I bet the blood stain where my head hit the wall is still there."

Cole's eyes widened and he looked at Tess. "You can't put him in jail." He mumbled.

Jackson tilted his head to the side, curiously. "Why?"

Tess stared at Jackson and then her eyes closed and she fell back against the couch, leaving her body as she astral projected and quickly walked around and sat down in Jackson's body. She shook Jackson's head and looked at Cole. "It's me. Now why can't I put Brighton in jail?!"

Cole stared at Jackson. "This...is weird. Okay...Tess, you can't put Brighton in jail because of the very same reason I have to deal with you being a man right now. He's supernatural, he'll break out. So what good would it do?"

Tess stared at Cole and Jackson's fingers annoyingly tapped the arm of the chair. "I hate that." Jackson then fell limp for merely a second as Tess pulled out and quickly climbed back into her own body. Her eyes opened and she sat up. "Wow...must be from the exterminators...Am I the only one light headed or what?" She looked at Jackson.

Jackson blinked several times and looked at Tess. "I uh..." He shook his head. "Where were we?"

"You...were just telling us that there really was no way that you could prove anything...and being all scary and saying you were going to be watching us...or rather, me. Kind of like that creepy stalker song by The Police." Tess grinned.

Jackson stared at Tess. "Whatever the deal is with the box, I can't say...but cars don't just smash and blow up on a desolate road for nothing." He stood up. "I'll look out for this...Brighton guy, and maybe prod the twins a little more."

Tess narrowed her eyes on Jackson and lightly toyed with the ends of several strands of hair. "Maybe you should think about Avery Reyes, that girl has always been a lone wolf, there is no telling who she associates with...and without you knowing. What I do know...is that she associates with Trent...and if she hung out with Johnny and Joby..."

Jackson forced a smile. "We'll see, I'll let myself out." He left the living room, heading towards the door.

Cole waited until he heard the door shut. "Way to get rid of Avery."

Tess flipped her hand, telekinetically locking the door. "If it works, little whore needs to go." She looked at Cole. "You are so unbiased about your sister. How do you do that?"

"Well, it's kind of easy when you don't grow up with her and you're practically strangers and your only linkage is by blood, for me...that is not a strong enough reason to gain anything." Cole shrugged.

"My perfect boyfriend." Tess smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Pick out a movie, I'm going to make the popcorn." She got up and headed off towards the kitchen area.

"Taylor..." Trent walked into the guest bedroom, they hadn't really assigned any sleeping arrangements and pretty much crashed where ever they felt like it, for the twins it was just one more confusing choice to make.

Taylor sat on the bed, his legs pulled up to his chest, staring at the blank television screen. "What?"

"Avery wants us to meet, all three of us." Trent announced.

"The queen, she sure calls a lot of shots around here." Taylor briefly and barely grinned before looking at Trent.

"She's just trying to find her way in this...situation, just like we are."

Taylor turned and stood up from the bed. "But, that's just it. This is our situation, it has nothing to do with her. Why are we basing everything around her feelings? I'll tell you why, because the second you put me first, you know she's going to walk."

Trent sighed and shook his head. "I don't know...What do you expect Taylor? You were the one that stopped us from going into school like that, you were the one that pointed out all the reasons why, now you act like we should be each others world."

Taylor walked closer to Trent. "Maybe you're right, but she can't go around testing us, it's wrong. So...where does she want to meet?"

"Football field, they keep the lights on until midnight after a game, then they automatically shut off, so it's a good place to hang out." Trent answered.

"I would keep the lights on as long as I wanted." Taylor brushed past Trent and headed down the hall. "Lets go." He opened the door, not a happy camper, as he walked out of the condo and headed for the elevator.

Gage looked down upon the twins from the second floor balcony, having listened to them, it was quiet enough to have heard everything, he frowned, knowing these were the challenges they were going to have to face.

Once Trent was driving and Taylor had settled in, he looked out through the windshield and crossed his arms. "So, once we get there, who gets bumped to the back seat?"

Trent's eyes widened in frustration. "Maybe you should both sit in the back seat."

"Maybe." Taylor lifted his hand. "People don't know how to turn their high beams down." He said, trying to cover his eyes from what he assumed was a car in the other lane. "I should order those sunglasses off the television."

Trent watched what was assumed to be a car until he saw the two headlights suddenly close the distance and form a single light. "Uh oh...that's not a car." This being said before the single light then flashed much brighter.

Trent's eyes shut tight as the light over took the road and he lost control of his direction and felt the car swerve towards the right and off the side of the road, into the ditch.

Taylor screamed as the car rolled off the road and into a steep ditch, the motion causing him to fly towards his window and he hit his head against the glass, blood now dripping down his face. Once the motion stopped, his eyes slowly opened. "Trent?"

Trent leaned against Taylor since the car was tilted half way over to the right, though he was appreciative that it didn't flip. His eyes squinted and he dared to look towards the road for a split second, all he could see was the bright light and the silhouette of a male figure.

"Don't look at the light!" Taylor reached out and covered Trent's eyes, that brief glance was all it took to begin irritating his eyes, creating a redness. Taylor unfastened his seat belt and then he noticed the light vanish from view, he could tell because there were no more shadows in the car.

"The lights gone." Taylor said as Trent pushed himself up and opened the door, holding it up as he worked to crawl out of the car and onto the ground, turning around, he reached out for Taylor.

Taylor grabbed Trent's hand and he crawled out and rolled away as Trent let go of the door and it slammed shut.

"Well...that sucks, huh?" Brighton grinned, standing at the edge of the road. "Going to cost a lot to repair."

Taylor looked up at Brighton and narrowed his eyes. "The hell do you want?" He pulled himself up, Trent was doing the same, though he had a hand over one of his eyes, the one that had been exposed the most to the light.

"Well, I got a laundry list." Brighton quietly laughed. "The Arc...for starters, Gage being dead would be nice...and that surprise for Tess, well I just hope that comes to pass in time. As for you two, quite the predicament that you're both in." He wiggled his fingers in quotations. "The twin bond...activated by the first initiation of intimacy...and yet such a sinful act it was." He laughed. "Though, that just made me happy as a kid with a jolly rancher."

Taylor frowned and grabbed Trent's free hand and pulled him up the steep ditch, stepping onto the edge of the road as Brighton took a few steps back, not bothering to look down or take his eyes off the brothers. "Good for you, however the hell you know that. Still didn't answer my question, what do you want?"

"So hostile." Brighton smiled. "Maybe the question is...what do you want? I know...a nice, sharp...fork...right in Avery's forehead. I could make it happen for you...and I would take joy in it."

"What?! You said you wanted a fork in her forehead?!" Trent looked over at Taylor, slowly pulling his hand from his eye.

"I was mad! He must of overheard me or something." Taylor shook his head. "Tess is the one that just wants her deleted!"

Brighton laughed. "That one was even more amusing."

Trent looked at Brighton. "You're not going to touch her."

He shook his head. "I don't understand why you both worry...I mean you have the power to eliminate anyone who disrespects you or your bond. Why not use it?" His eyes shifted to Taylor. "Something tells me you'd be more open to that than he would. You know what's sad, Taylor? It's really not as hard for him to be away from you, the dominant twin always has it easier, maybe far to easy."

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked.

"Well, Gage might not have explained it exactly as I would." Brighton clasped his hands behind his back and grinned. "The bond isn't exactly equal in my opinion, and in a way, there is a reason why there is a dominant twin and a submissive twin." He shrugged. "Sounds like a master and slave situation to me, though in your case, without the silly acts that go along with it, just the bare bones. He does whatever he wants while you sit there...and wait...and hurt, and cry, and long for him to want you and need you again."

"That's bullshit...I'd never treat Taylor like that!" Trent yelled at him.

"You already are." Brighton said.

Trent looked up and suddenly a power line sparked and fell from where it was safely attached and as it swung down towards Brighton, telekinetic energy surrounded it as the power line wrapped around Brighton's throat.

Brighton's eyes widened in surprise and he reached up, wanting to grab at the power line but instead, found himself being lifted up into the air before the line swung around and then forward, the line releasing him as he flew back and hit the pole near the top, a scream of pain escaping as he started to fall towards the ground and only a moment later did he land face first.

Taylor stared at Brighton. "That was to easy..." He said, slowly shaking his head.

Brighton lifted a hand and expanded his fingers, thrusting his arm forward as an energy bolt was shot forth, as it flew across the road, it would expand and hit both of the twins, they screamed as they were sent flying through the air and over the ditch, only for gravities pull to take them down, crashing against the side of the car, causing a huge amount of pain for both of them as they slid down, curled up on the ground.

Brighton had gotten up and walked over to the edge of the road and a fire ball formed in his hand and it began to expand, growing slightly larger before he sent it flying in the direction of the car, wanting to blow it up on impact.

Taylor's eyes widened and when the fireball reached half way, he jerked an arm up and froze it through mid motion only for Trent to send it telekinetically flying back in Brighton's direction. The twins then turned around and both concentrated on the car, lifting it up telekinetically.

Brighton quickly ducked, the fire ball missing him as he lowered to the ground, he then glanced up at the car, just in time to see Trent throwing an energy ball at it while Taylor blew the car up, both powers landing at the same time. They turned their heads to look back and sent the car flying in Brighton's direction. However, they ducked, anticipating an escape and that escape came as Brighton flashed out in bright light just before the torched car landed on the cement.

After a moment, Taylor looked up and then he looked over at Trent. "Still going to Avery's?"

Trent frowned. "I don't know...a lot of what he said was kind of true."

Taylor stared at Trent and then laid his head down on his arm, not really in any hurry to leave.

Avery sat at the lunch table and shook her head as she was filled in on the events of the previous night. "Wow...I can't believe that happened."

Taylor stared at Avery. "Can't believe it...as in you're shocked, or you think I kept him all to myself?"

"Taylor." Trent looked at him, as if trying to warn him not to start any hostility.

Avery frowned. "I wasn't thinking that at all."

"Well, guess we'll have to hijack a car." Taylor looked at Trent.

"Hijack a car? Hello, the camera, car is there, poof, car is gone? They will give us another car, perks of being part of a secret society." Trent took a sip of his drink.

"Right, so long as the bosses daughter stays happy." Taylor smiled sarcastically and sat back.

"Look, this is just as difficult for me as it is for you." Avery said.

"I don't think you know how difficult it is...to be attached to someone...so suddenly, to the point that you need them like you need air." Taylor shook his head. "Maybe not that bad...but pretty damn close. How could you bring him in here, look right at me...and then deprive me of him? When all this is so new...and all we have is each other to deal with it?"

Avery sighed and shook her head. "I just needed to know that he could handle a normal relationship outside of the bond. I understand, he explained it very well to me, you both made a mistake and now it has a permanent consequence that I have to deal with if I am going to be with him."

"A mistake?" Taylor leaned closer to the table. "It was the best experience of my life." He slowly shook his head. "I doubt I would even be saying that if it weren't for the bond, that's just it, for me...it changed everything, my feelings, my thoughts, everything in me."

Avery looked at Trent. "Do you feel the same way?"

Trent looked between them both. "When I think about it, the physical experience was incredible...and then after everything, I guess I have more of the will power as far as resistance..but I don't think I'll ever be able to deny him the comfort that he needs or wants."

Avery looked confused. "Okay...so you both enjoyed it, for whatever reason, you spare me the details, and one of you is more emotionally bonded than the other...and because of that...the other.." She pointed at Trent. "...you feel obligated?"

Taylor looked over at Trent, curious about what he would say.

"Not obligated, just that...I find it easier to be not as physical, at least...if we're in a place where we shouldn't be. If we're alone...he draws me in." He looked at Avery. "You know...I'm straight, Taylor is the only one I have these feelings for, even when I test myself, when I look at other guys...I don't get the same feelings in the slightest."

"Okay." Avery slowly nodded. "So, for instance, it was easier for you to sit with me yesterday...while you told me it utterly disappointed Taylor?"

Trent nodded. "Yes, it had more of an emotional impact on him, and that bothered me, I'm not going to lie, but obviously I am still capable of resisting if I have to, which I did, to prove to you that we could be together...and have a life apart and outside of the bond."

Taylor shook his head. "This all sounds so wonderful to me, it really does..."

Trent looked over at Taylor. "I'm trying to help her understand. Now...Avery, there is the bond that is there, and it is something that you're going to have to deal with."

Avery looked up and shook her head. "I'd love to know your ideas."

"Well, school is off limits, naturally, but it doesn't mean we can't all sit together, Tess and Cole included. A large majority of my time with Taylor would be spent in privacy, at least in any fashion that was intimate or overly affectionate, that's not to say that he won't need me in public and that I'm not going to try to make the situation as comforting as possible without making the situation worse. How I'll do that...I'm not sure, I figure I'll play it by ear."

Tess yanked Cole over to the table. "Yada! Sorry for interrupting the intervention!" She kicked a chair out and sat down. "But I have a big nine one one."

Avery looked at Tess and then sighed, slightly rolling her eyes.

"I'm pregnant with that things baby..." She announced.

Trent frowned. "Surprise." He looked over at Taylor.

"Has anyone bothered to find out what he is? Or are we still assuming he is an Angel? Because now he's probably going to try to abduct me to heaven!" Tess paused. "Not...that it would be a bad thing...our alien people says it is...but I remember bible school...and I wouldn't complain...but I'm not ready to go yet!"

Trent looked over at Tess. "Well, he said that my act of sin with Taylor made him happy as a kid with a jolly rancher." His eyebrows lifted. "So, I'm starting to think we should nix the Angel idea, you put that together with the fact that he..." Trent cleared his throat. "..did that to you.."

Tess' eyes widened. "So, he's a demon and I'm going to hell?!"

Taylor looked at her. "Well, he seemed to know a lot about the bond stuff, he could be a fellow superior alien, thing is...he wants Gage dead. Maybe because he broke the rules and came to Earth?"

Cole rubbed Tess' shoulders. "Think of the third..." He shook his head. "It's not like you can't get it abortioned." He frowned, sitting down beside her, hating that this happened ontop of it.

"The thing probably has powers and will ruin the abortion doctor!" Tess covered her face in her hands. "By the time prom comes...I'm going to be fat..."

Avery looked at Tess. "Look on the bright side, Mia isn't here to compete for prom queen."

"All of our lives are screwed up." Taylor looked at Trent. "Lets test this out, Avery needs to understand...and I'm just plain out upset, who comes first?" Taylor grabbed his back pack and rushed out of the lunch room.

"Testing...figures." Avery waved a hand and looked at Trent. "Go, I'll be fine, I need to organize the conversation as far as it's gone, get my thoughts together."

Trent shook his head and sighed, going after Taylor.

"I'm going to kill him, possess his body and slit his wrists..." Tess frowned.

"Good luck with that." Avery stood up and walked off.

"And now I chase everyone away!"

Cole wrapped his arms around Tess and pulled her close. "They were already on edge." He looked around. "In a way, aside from the psychopath, I'm glad it's just you and me, most of the time."

"Taylor!" Trent called out as he rounded the corner and stopped when his brother spun around by the gym that was relatively secluded.

Taylor smiled. "Wow...it's nice to be first for once."

"For once? You act like this has been going on for a long time." Trent shook his head and sighed. "Maybe we're going about this the wrong way."

"What do you mean?"

Trent cringed and brought his hands together up to his face for a moment and then brought his hands down. "Gage said the bond is there at birth, it wasn't like that for us...maybe he is wrong. Maybe...if we resist...it can break."

Taylor threw his bag down on the floor by the wall. "Easy for you to say, it's not been hard at all for you to resist."

"I know it looks that way." Trent looked down. "What about that guy? Maybe he likes you, I honestly think having someone else will make all the difference in the world for you."

"Baily? Yeah, well, by the way, he knows the secret, he overheard us outside the cafeteria after Tess got pissed at Avery." Taylor shook his head and looked away. "I had no choice but to explain some of the things we said."

"Or maybe you just wanted to let him in." Trent opened his eyes.

"You know what goes through my mind?" He looked at Trent. "I imagine you and Avery and I, at home, and I'm in one of the bedrooms and you two are in the other...having sex...and I can hear it on the other side of the wall...and it just kills me inside."

"I wouldn't do something like that." Trent frowned. "But...this can't be, it just can't...and you know that just as much, otherwise you wouldn't of stopped us at the steps."

Taylor sighed in defeat. "You're right." He tilted his head slightly down. "So...go be with her, I can't be around you...and not feel hurt...so much hurt." He looked at Trent. "You break my heart every time we're together...So, if this is how it is...stay away from me."

Trent went to bring a hand to Taylor's cheek only for Taylor to turn his face away and then his hand dropped and he nodded and turned around, walking off down the hall from the direction in which they came.

The quiet sound of foot steps lightly tapped the floor before a hand reached out and laid upon Taylor's shoulder.

Taylor's eyes widened and he spun around, bringing a hand up, only to sigh in relief to find it was Baily.

"Was that the big brotherly break up?" Baily asked, not so much sympathetically but not in a cruel manner either.

"Pretty much." Taylor answered.

"Let it go with a grain of salt, honestly...you were the one being strung along." Baily walked around Taylor, watching Trent disappear into the crowd.

Taylor turned around. "Really have no choice, I'm not going to cry about it, at least I'm going to try not to."

Baily turned around and smiled. "You shouldn't...not when you got me here." He stepped closer. "I...don't know if you are or ever will be interested...but I'm offering myself as your distraction. I just...want to be a part of something."

Taylor looked down at Baily and slowly nodded, a small smile appearing. "I think that can be done." He closed his eyes. "It's just...the hardest part is going to be getting that night out of my head." He shook his head.

"Must of been some night." Baily reached out and took Taylor's hand. "Lets go." He said, leading Taylor back towards the cafeteria.

"Incoming!" Tess burst into Gage's condo, Cole right behind her.

"What?!" Gage called out from the balcony above.

"Had a vision, a bunch of SWAT is coming up here!" Tess looked around as Avery, Trent and Taylor came from the hall and then all the power shut off.

"That's why everyone left." Trent said. "We saw all kinds of people leaving when we got here."

Taylor crossed his arms. "To bad one human didn't make it out." He grinned sarcastically. "Stab me in the heart and draw my tears to the floor."

Gage ran down the stairs. "We should get out to the roof."

"And do what? Jump off of it?" Tess started to laugh. "Maybe I should let them shoot me in the stomach, kill the baby."

"That's morbid." Avery frowned.

"Well, I'd hope not to die." Tess shook her head.

"Avery and Cole can't defend themselves, the roof top is open battlefield." Trent shook his head.

"I'm the one pregnant, I'll stay back and protect them, we'll just...hide, you guys lure them to the roof." Tess rolled her eyes.

Gage nodded. "Be careful." He nodded for Trent and Taylor to follow as he ran out into the hall and looked around, his eyes shifted between the elevator and then the stairs. "Crap, they cut the power...they are sure to be taking the stairs...and we'll have to do the same."

Tess took a deep breath. "Come on, bitch." She grabbed Cole by the hand and hit Avery in the shoulder with her own as she shoved by her and headed down the hall.

"Where the fuck are we hiding?!" Avery screamed. "The closet? Under the bed?" She followed after them.

Gage, Trent and Taylor ran into the stairwell and all three looked over the railing, hearing a lot of footsteps, more than any of them would have liked and they were close. Gage grabbed Taylor by the arm and yanked him forward as he started running up the stairs, going from one flight to the other, Trent following right after.

Tess ran into the master bedroom, and after Avery and Cole made it inside, she slammed the door. "Pick a hiding place." She waved a hand and the bed slid across the floor and blocked the door and then swung an arm as the dresser flew through the air and landed on top of the bed, the door then locked for extra measure. She turned around and looked at them.

Avery frowned and opened the closet. "If I die, I'm haunting you." She pointed at Tess and stepped in, pulling the door shut and back stepped all the way to the back of the walk in closet.

"I'll call a priest." Tess grabbed Cole's hand and headed into the bathroom and shut the door, locking it. "She's on her own." She said, ruthlessly. She headed into the shower and closed the fogged glass door and slowly slid down to sit on the floor.

"Trent will be pissed." Cole said as he sat beside her.

"He doesn't have to know." Tess frowned. "We tried..."

Gage grabbed the door knob to the roof top and found it locked and then stepped back and swung a leg around, kicking the door with a telekinetic force, sending it flying open, off the hinges and across the roof top. The three ran outside and turned around, staring at the door, waiting for the team to come out.

"What's the plan from here?" Trent asked.

Taylor's eyes widened. "Hope they don't have guns." He looked up as a helicopter emerged from the side of the building and flew up above, a bright light shining down upon them. "Gage, do something to it!"

Gage dematerialized into particles that flew up and away, fading from sight and reappearing inside the helicopter. He spun around, noting the two shooters, he quickly spun around and kicked one of them out of the plane, just as this happened, Trent swung an arm, telekinetically sending the man flying so that his fall would head for the street below and not the roof top.

Gage looked at the second shooter and grabbed his rifle and yanked it forward and away from him, tossing it to the side, that was when more particles formed and soon a hammer was created and he hit the man over the head with it, that was when he headed for the pilot, his next target.

Taylor's eyes widened as a group of soldiers came running out, guns ready and aimed as they moved to form a line across the roof top. He took a step back and then looked up, seeing a second helicopter, a rope latter falling as soldiers were climbing down it, while others had been parachuting from, a plane that he assumed was much higher in the air.

"Fuck..." Trent looked down and then saw two people emerge from the stairwell, a guy and a girl who appeared to be their age and they didn't look like they belonged with this task force anymore than any other civilians did.

"Any ideas?" Taylor asked.

Trent yanked Taylor towards the middle of the roof top when he looked back and saw soldiers landing on the other side of the roof, surrounding them. "First...blow up the plane...with the rope ladder." He mumbled.

"Then they are all going to shoot." Taylor's eyes widened.

Gage hit the pilot over the head, knocking him out and then grabbed the wheel of the helicopter and steered it towards the other helicopter, causing them both to collide in a huge explosion, sending screaming, flaming soldiers falling. Did he get out in time? Well, if he did, he didn't go back to the roof top, he didn't want to startle those soldiers who were probably just dying to get trigger happy.

"Oh fuck!" Trent watched both helicopters blow up and then his eyes widened, watching the remains fall from the sky.

The girl and the guy walked towards the middle of the roof top, keeping a certain distance from the twins.

"What's their deal?" Taylor whispered, staring at the two other teens.

The captain watched the helicopters and then his eyes narrowed on the twins. "I suggest no more actions of hostility towards us! Come in peace and this doesn't have to get ugly!" He screamed through his microphone that enhanced the volume of his voice.

Taylor covered his ears and closed his eyes, starting to feel stressed by the situation, he suddenly screamed, what no one expected was for that scream to be supernaturally loud, enough to cause the ground to shake beneath the building, as Trent, the other two teens and the soldiers fell to their knees, a line in the roof cracking in the middle as clear waves and ripples of sound energy mixed with telekinetic energy shot out from around him.

Everyone covered their ears and cried out in pain, as the ripples of telekinetic and sound energy spread, it would knock everyone back once it hit them and many of the soldiers who were to close to the edge were sent flying right off of the roof, cutting the numbers considerably.

Trent looked up, noticing that he couldn't hear a thing, as if Taylor had muted the sound for him about a second after the loud scream had started and his eyebrows lifted at Taylor. Once the muted affect wore off and sound returned for him, he formed an energy ball and wildly threw it in the direction of the two teenagers, who also appeared to have not been affected by the sound. Why had Taylor protected them? That was a thought that would come later.

The unknown female teen looked at the male and as the energy ball flew towards them, they stuck their hands out and the ball expanded into a wall of electricity and it was sent flying back into their direction.

Taylor opened his eyes, seeing the wall of blue energy flying towards them, just before Trent tackled him out of the way, causing the wall of energy to hit the soldiers that were behind them, he could hear the screams as the soldiers were fried and sent flying off the roof top.

The female smiled at her male counter part, as if they intended for that to happen.

As for what was going on inside, the door to the bedroom was shoved open, the sound of grunts came from several soldiers as the bed and the dresser on top was shoved out of the way, however, the fact that the door was barricaded, told them that there had to be at least one person hiding within the room. The door was opened as much as it could be and three soldiers slipped inside.

Tess stared at the fogged glass of the shower with a worried expression, obviously her war strategy sucked. "At least they'll find Avery first." She mumbled.

Cole looked at Tess with wide eyes, as if trying to tell her that they probably heard her. They probably had some super hearing equipment, that wouldn't surprise him, they probably had heat vision goggles.

Tess looked at Cole and then decided to try something, at least it would save one of them. Her eyes closed and she attempted to link with Avery's mind.

"Avery...it's Tess, no this is not just you. If you can hear me, just think back the words."

Avery looked up, hearing Tess' voice in her mind, already anxious by the sound of the soldiers. She shook her head and closed her eyes, figuring she had nothing else to lose.

"Okay, I heard you, if this is really you?"

"Bitch, it's really me...and I'm going to try to save your life. Go to the door and open it, I know it sounds like suicide but you can chance getting out my way or you can wait for them to come in and get you."

Avery's eyes opened. "Are you insane?!"

Tess started to look frustrated. "Remember what I did to Mia? Follow the fucking concept! Open the closet door!"

Avery stood up and walked along the walk in closet and then made it to the door. "If I get killed..." She paused. "Well, I just die." She saw the shadow of a soldier approaching the closet and then grabbed the door knob and yanked it open, to her surprise, she found the closet opened to her own bedroom at home.

"Where are you?! Did it work?" Tess asked, telepathetically.

"At my room, from the closet of the condo, if that is what you meant to do. How the fuck do you do that? Did you loop reality or something?!"

"Don't fucking worry about it! Just go into your bedroom and close the closet door and you're free!"

Avery looked back and then quickly stepped out into her own bedroom and quickly closed the closet door, she waited a second and then opened the door again, finding her own closet was now there. "Freaky....but useful. I'm safe!"

"What are you doing?" Cole whispered.

Tess opened her eyes. "I looped the closet door to Avery's bedroom, shes safe." She looked around. "I'd do the same for us...but unless I knew of a place with a replica of this shower..."

"Why does it have to be a replica?" Cole asked.

"House door to a bank vault? Remember? It doesn't mix." Tess said just before she heard the door bust open and it slammed against the wall behind it, seeing a flash light, it was attached to the gun that the soldier was carrying, the other two were checking out the closet, thankfully they wouldn't find Avery there.

"These condo's are replica's." Cole whispered.

Tess felt like she was just hit over the head by Cole's hammer of common sense. However, before she could even do anything, the door to the shower opened and Cole defensively stepped in front of Tess and the soldier hastily took fire and shot Cole in the head.

Tess' eyes widened as blood flew back on the shower wall, though not as much as she would have expected. Either way, she suddenly screamed and having a similar power to Taylor's, her scream came out supernaturally loud, shattering the glass of the shower stall, the window and the mirror in the bathroom.

All the glass suddenly stopped and hovered in the air by telekinetic force. The scream caused the soldier to fly towards the door of the bathroom due to the clear sound and telekinetic energy that thrust forward, the glass suddenly flew forward as well.

The soldier was stabbed all over by the shards of glass and screamed in pain, the other two soldiers had already been blasted out of the window and sent flying over the balcony and down to their deaths and the last soldier, the one that had been the closest, the glass had killed him from all the stab wounds as his dead body was sent flying out with the other two, except he hit the railing of the balcony and fell limp on the floor of it as Tess' scream came to a halt.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..