Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 2,814 Words
  • 3,479 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Defied Reality - 1. Chapter 1: Dreamscape

2012

It was a darkness, not like the night, but a darkness like a void, like an endless void. Like what one might imagine existed before the universe or what might of been within the seconds just before the big bang were to begin, right when that little dot of light had formed.

Yes there was a light, a small white light far off in the distance, like one of those soft white light bulbs, except the light extended out and spun around, like that of a light house, wanting to guide him through the sea of darkness, but as he looked on, it appeared that he was not the only one that it wished to guide.

His eyes squinted, and as it so quickly spun, he barely made out two other figures, two figures standing much farther off in the distance, and at such an angle, he could imagine if one could see from above, they would be forming a triangle just by standing positions, one just had to wonder who was the point.

He couldn't really pay attention to the figures for long as his gaze was more drawn to the light and the calm within his being, he felt this utter sense of peace and wonder. It was as if he had felt closer to home than he ever had before, a sense of belonging, and yet he couldn't understand it because he never knew that there might be some where else that he might belong, some where else that needed him, or a place, or a path, of which was different than he had lived until now. A destiny, an existence that was much greater than he would ever realize or could possibly dream of, Taylor had much to discover.

A deep breath was taken, he couldn't see his body or anything else for that matter, it was as if he were merely a set of eyes, but he could feel his body and while he couldn't see a thing to stand on, something had to be there, holding him up, because he was able to step forward, and as soon as he did, it was as if distance was completely different where ever he was, because suddenly he found himself right before the bright white light. He could finally see his arm as it lifted up and he closed his eyes, blinded by the intensity of it as it engulfed him and then just as quickly disappeared.

His hand lowered and his eyes opened and suddenly he found himself standing in a long corridor made of old stone, it appeared to be an ancient temple by the looks and the feel of it, being inside, yet still feeling the elements of the outside due to long time passing. He rubbed his arms, it was warm, but what took his attention the most was the glow and ripples of greenish blue that surrounded him and rippled in a sort of reflection through out the corridor, as if waters reflection was shining through out, but there was no water. It appeared more like energy waves being revealed in the appearance of that.

"Oddest dream I've ever had." Tess grinned as she stepped around Taylor and looked at him. "I mean...if I were going to dream of a hot guy...I sure wouldn't start in a big dark void and then flash into a nasty old temple looking dump." She looked around.

"Huh?" Taylor looked at her. "I wouldn't dream of a girl at all."

"Oh, my dream guy...dreams? And then insults me?" Tess laughed and leaned against the wall and looked at all the ripples and swirled her finger through a stream of it and it swirled around like a whirl pool.

Then what appeared to be an exact replica, a twin of Taylor flashed in out of no where.

Taylor's eyes widened. "Yes...and it wouldn't be of...myself."

Tess looked over and saw a twin suddenly appear and then started to laugh again. "This is bizarre."

"Weird..." Trent looked at Tess and before he even thought to comment on her, his eyes widened at Taylor. "Really fucking weird..."

"No...something is different." Taylor shook his head. "This isn't like a dream...to much control."

"To much stupidness." Tess kept laughing. "I have more sense than this."

"My point." Taylor looked at her. "Do you guys feel...really here? Like...here? I mean...when I dream, it's like watching a movie. I've never dreamed first person before and I've never had control in it before. There is to much consciousness. It's like...I'm awake."

"If you're trying to say this is real? That's nuts." Trent laughed.

"Wait...so neither of you are twins?" Tess looked confused. "And if this is real...neither of you know of each other? Because...if this is real...it's a fucked up version of the parent trap...without the parents." Tess laughed again and started walking down the corridor. "Well, whatever the case, I think we're supposed to look around this dump and find something. Maybe treasure? Maybe we'll run into some pirates!"

"Pirates in a temple?" Trent squinted his eyes at Tess. "I don't think Pirates are that ancient."

"So?" Tess looked at Trent. "They could still come here and find it, dumbass."

"What is your name?" Taylor looked at Trent.

"Trent. You?" He returned the question.

"Taylor."

"So you are twins!" Tess turned around. "If you were having some fucked up erotic fantasy of yourself..you would have the same name." She nodded. "I'm Tess, and I'm pretty sure I didn't dream this up, so who did it and who pulled me in it?"

"Lets just try to do what we're supposed to do. I think she is right, we're probably supposed to look for something. And I don't think any one of us did this. Why would any of us do it?" Taylor shrugged.

Tess gasped. "How are we supposed to wake up? If all of our consciousness and subconsciousness is right here, in here...nothing is out..." Her eyes widened. "What if we are all comatose?"

"Just come on." Trent rolled his eyes and started walking down the corridor, Taylor and Tess followed after him.

"What if this is like that cube movie and we end up just going into one room after the other and the rooms move around and we're just lost forever? I mean if you watched the cube movie, when they did find a way out, it was endless darkness and that was where we started out." Tess ran a hand through her hair.

"Then we'll all go insane and I know who I would kill first." Trent grinned.

Taylor walked around the corner once reaching the end of the hall and found an opening to what looked like a small shrine room, and at the back in the center was a stone pedestal where a beautiful solid gold box sat and it was radiating light from it's very existence. His eyes widened and he could suddenly feel the rush of energy coming off of it and when he looked up, all the bluish green streams of energy floating about suddenly turned gold.

"There..is your treasure." Trent stopped dead in his tracks.

"Oh my god." Tess stopped and looked at the details of it, this was not just an ordinary gold box but a great deal of decorative detail had been put into it, and it had what appeared to be two long wooden handles on each side, one could tell they were strong and well crafted to carry the box and by the way they were made, it was obvious it was made for multiple people to help carry and it had two golden eagles on the top with their wings bent and out stretched across the top and their tips meeting in the middle.

"What is it? Do you recognize it?" Taylor asked.

"Well...I never paid much attention in Sunday school as a kid but it looks familiar..." She looked at them. "If...I'm not mistaken that's the arc..."

"The arc?" Trent asked.

"Yeah the arc..." Tess swirled her finger around. "The arc..." She shook her head. "I don't exactly remember what it was called."

"Sunday school and the arc..." Taylor looked at Trent. "And I don't think that is Noah's arc."

"The covenant!" Tess said. "I knew it made me think of a movie...that is what it is..." She turned around. "I think...I only saw the picture and that's been forever ago. Thing is...that it's supposedly lost and no one knows where it is, so really no one can say what the thing actually, really looks like."

"Who cares? Lets just go look in it." Trent started heading for the box.

"No!" Tess screamed and grabbed his arm. "If you go for it, that might end the dream and disconnect us. What if the point is just to show us that it's in...well, a temple some where and we have to go search temples to find it for real?"

Trent laughed. "As if we can actually go looking around temples. You got millions of dollars to splurge on it?"

Tess crossed her arms and stared at him. "Maybe."

"Well if you do, perhaps you should know where I live so you can fly by and pick me up."

"Why don't we just exchange Skype's?" Taylor finally spoke up and looked between the two. "I would kind of be interested to see if my twin is really real..."

"Fine by me, lets." Tess nodded.

"What happened?" Tess opened her eyes and looked around to find herself on the couch in the club where she had been before.

"You light weight, you passed out!" One of her girlfriends laughed and lightly smacked her on the knee.

"Passed out?" Tess looked around. "That's not normal." She grabbed her purse. "And I'm not a light weight!" She laughed a little, but was some what to disturbed, she didn't even feel like she had any drinks or even any sort of hang over for that matter, but she felt incredibly alert and possibly even hyper alert. "I'll be right back." Tess stood up and headed away from the table and made her way through the crowd of dancers.

"Hey! Tess, where are you going?" Tobias asked. "I thought we were going to dance? Though you kind of fell asleep."

Tess smiled. "Yeah, apparently, I'm a light weight tonight!" She patted him on the chest. "I'll be back." She walked off through the crowd and found the back exit and walked outside and pulled her phone out of her purse. "Okay..lets see if this works." She opened Skype on her phone and put in Taylor's Skype and made the call.

Taylor's eyes opened and he found his face pressed into the middle of his study book on his computer desk. "Oh crap...home work." He slowly sat up and then looked at his essay paper beside the book. "Two sentences...nice." He then heard his computer speakers ringing. "No..." He turned towards it to see that his Skype had popped up and then grabbed his mouse and clicked to answer. "This isn't for real."

Tess gasped when the guy from her dream popped up on her cell phone. "I'm not real? You're not real. I must be going schizophrenic!"

"Hey! If you are, then I am!" Taylor grabbed his essay paper and held it at his webcam. "I failed my essay to meet you!" He paused. "Or...well I will...It's due tomorrow! And by some force, I was made to sleep in my book!"

Tess laughed. "What is it about?"

"Pick a mythology and come up with a conspiracy theory." Taylor balled up the paper and threw it over his shoulder.

"Fun. Why don't you try your twin? Lets see if he's real." She leaned against the brick wall and looked around.

"Fine." Taylor clicked around to call Trent.

Tess watched as Taylor shrunk to one side of her screen as the other side popped up a screen and she waited to see if Trent would pick up.

Trent woke up and then sat up and felt the head set on top of his head. "Oh my god..."

"Yeah, oh my god is right, we're all in the grave yard now." Another guy said.

Trent looked at his World Of Warcraft screen. "I'm sorry guys...I fell asleep and...god...that's an epic fail."

"Yeah, especially for a guild leader...epic fail." Another guy said.

"I'm sorry." Trent said and then heard his Skype ringing and noticed a notification of it popping up in his task bar. "Guys...I'm going to have to wallow in my failure..." He said, almost in a trance like shock as he exited the game and then clicked on the Skype and as soon as he did, he saw Tess pop up and then his twin Taylor. "Holy shit..."

Tess laughed sarcastically. "Now I'm certifiably insane, I know it!"

"Wow...I could totally do my essay on this if it wouldn't get laughed at for being...well, a phenomena without physical evidence." Taylor sat back in his computer chair.

"So what now? We meet for real or something? Tess...you going to splurge that money? Go help us look for the box for real?" Trent started laughing too. It was just so hard to believe even if it was staring him right in the face.

"Seriously? I was totally lying about millions of dollars. Where the hell are you at, anyway?" She asked.

"Bermuda. You guys?" Trent asked and then gasped. "Like age, sex, location?!" He asked with sarcastic excitement.

"You can see us dumbass...and you know my age because it's the same as yours...give or take minutes." Taylor rolled his eyes. "And I'm in Puerto Rico."

"Well there is your conspiracy theory." Tess said. "Miami...and if neither of you noticed...when we were in the black void and the light was spinning, I saw you guys, but you were only figures, but...if you watched closely, from my position and you guys, we formed a triangle. And given our home locations, we live at the three points of the Bermuda triangle."

"I noticed." Taylor said.

"What if that means that box and that temple is in the damn triangle? Who's swimming down there and risk disappearing like all the planes and the boats?" Trent crossed his arms.

"They don't all disappear. There was a story of one man who was flying a plane to Miami and I think he was half an hour away and he entered this cloud tunnel and it was like a time portal and his controls were messing up and when he came out of it, he was only fifteen minutes away from Miami...in only minutes." Tess explained.

"So how do we get to each other?" Taylor asked.

"Hop a carnival cruise." Tess said.

"Hop a carnival cruise? I don't have that kind of money." Taylor replied.

"Smuggle yourself onto it." Tess sighed and looked around again, making sure no creeps were around.

"In fact, if I'm not mistaken, one should be there tomorrow. My parents...coincidentally were checking out cruises earlier today and I saw the schedule." Tess further suggested.

"Okay...and how do I get there?" Trent asked.

"I don't have all the answers." Tess said. "I'm not an oracle...figure something out for yourself."

"Why do we have to come to you, anyway? Why don't you come to me?" Trent argued.

Tess laughed. "Because, America is awesome and everyone wants to be here?"

"Obama sucks." Trent grumbled.

"Okay, I'll try to smuggle the carnival cruise but I'll probably fail." Taylor said.

"Be sure to send me your mug shot! Then I'll know what mine would look like if I ever got arrested!" Trent laughed.

"We'll figure out a way to get you here, Trent, just give us some time. That idea was just at the top of my head." Tess said.

"Well you should hope that the temple and the box is not under the ocean, because if we're supposed to get it, and that's the case, well it won't happen." Trent took a sip of his drink.

"I think that's over dramatic. The temple is ancient, if it was under the ocean, the pressure would have, at the very least, would of flooded it, if not destroyed it, dream or not, I think it would have been just as real as us, if it was supposed to show us more than each other." Taylor sighed. "Well I'm going to bed."

"Okay, got a guy to dance with and that dream totally killed my buzz, but...it killed any hang over too." Tess smiled. "Bye!" She exited Skype.

"See ya! I got horde's to kill!" Trent signed out of Skype.

I am glad you found my story and I hope you enjoy reading it. If you feel like it, you can leave a review in the reviews section, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts. You can also check out my Discussion Thread and leave comments there as well, I will respond anywhere. Or just check there for any updates I might have regarding the story. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the read!
Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice start, can't wait to see where this goes.

 

All the Best,

S.R.

Link to comment
On 05/11/2014 09:23 AM, said:
Nice start, can't wait to see where this goes.

 

All the Best,

S.R.

Thanks! Will have the next chapter soon. I like to type several chapters ahead lol.
Link to comment

Interesting start. The imagery in the beginning was well crafted and very compelling. Thanks for sharing the vision.

Link to comment
On 08/26/2014 02:06 AM, Miles Long said:
Interesting start. The imagery in the beginning was well crafted and very compelling. Thanks for sharing the vision.
Thank you for taking the chance to read it and hope that you enjoy the further chapters.
Link to comment

An interesting start with an intriguing idea, I will have to keep with it to see where this is going. The premise isn't something I have seen lately and hope that it stands up to the first chapter.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..