Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,494 Words
  • 1,781 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Defied Reality - 2. Chapter 2: Power Play

Taylor walked up the ramp of the cruise ship, a backpack hanging off his shoulders and a duffle bag hanging from one shoulder. He wasn't exactly sure how he was going to do this. Part of him wondered if he stayed close enough to the people ahead of him, maybe he could just slip by and board with them?

He looked around and stepped forward as the line moved along, his anxiety rising and he started to second guess himself, he needed to turn around, leave this whole idea alone, but before he knew it, the people ahead of him were showing off their passes. His eyes widened and then the man started to turn his head and his eyes widened and all of a sudden everyone froze, all the chatter stopped, everything went completely silent.

Taylor made a face and he turned around and looked at everyone and then slowly walked around the people in front of him and over towards the man, he waved a hand in front of his face and yet there was no response from him or anyone else for that matter.

"What the hell?" Taylor looked around one more time and then quickly walked on by and quickly boarded the ship until the freeze wore off and everything resumed as it was, as if nothing had happened. His eyes widened and then he turned around and rushed off into the crowd.

Taylor made it down to where the rooms are and saw a couple pulling out their room card. "Oh let this work again." He stopped and shut his eyes tight and when everything went silent his eyes opened. A breath escaped and he walked over and carefully snatched the card key from the man.

He looked around thoughtfully. "They'll get a replacement." He looked down. "Then again, I could say this was my room to begin with and they could get reassigned altogether."

Taylor then went over to another couple and snatched their card away and then walked back to the first couple and shoved that card into the man's hand. "Let them deal with the drama." He turned and used the original card, the light flipped to green and he slipped inside, shutting the door just as the freeze wore off, a sigh of relief escaped.

Tess sat down, flipping her fingers through her half dried hair as her Skype went off as urgent. "Alright, alright already." She answered. "Damn, Taylor, did you get caught? Or..rather are you about to?"

"No, I actually got on here and stole a room." Taylor said as he sat on the bed.

Tess laughed. "Damn, how did you pull that?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Taylor stared at his phone with the biggest eyes.

"Try me." She grinned.

"I have a power..."

"A power?" Tess leaned close to her desk, interested.

"I don't know if it's freezing time or just things or people or what, but I can just freeze them." Taylor said.

Tess started to slowly laugh. "Really?"

"Yes, really. Watch." Taylor looked around and grabbed and grabbed a picture off the wall. "Watch the picture." He aimed the phone across the room and threw the picture and then quickly tensed up and the picture froze in the middle of the air just before hitting the wall.

Her eyes widened. "Oh my god."

"I told you." He walked over and grabbed the picture out of the air and tossed it on the bed and turned the phone back to himself. "Something tells me that if I have one, so do you guys."

"I just wonder..." Tess said, thoughtfully. "What would mine be."

"Probably something that will come out when you actually need it, that's how mine did." Taylor said.

"Well enjoy the cruise, have all the booze and the food that you want and just freeze the people and walk out without paying the bill. See you when you get here!" Tess hung up from Skype with Taylor and then Skyped Trent.

"Oh god! People on WoW are going to hate me! What do you want? Figured out a way to get me there?" Trent looked at Tess.

"No, but apparently we have powers. Taylor can freeze people, that's how he got on the cruise ship and stole someones room." Tess explained.

Trent started laughing. "That's a joke, right?"

"No, and if you're lucky, maybe you can teleport. He thinks our powers come out when we need them. Now if you will excuse me, I need a soda."

Tess stood up and walked towards the door and when she opened it, instead of seeing her hallway, she saw into Trent's bedroom. "What the fuck?!"

Trent's eyes widened as he stared at his own cam, seeing Tess standing in his door way and he spun around in his chair, seeing Tess standing there and then he looked behind her to see her computer and saw himself in her webcam.

Tess looked around and looked at Trent's webcam and saw the front of herself standing in Trent's doorway. "Oh my god..."

"Well there's your power, breaking and entering." Trent jumped up and brushed past her and into her room.

Tess shifted out of the way and then pushed her door shut and then she opened it again and saw her own hallway. She shut her door and looked over at Trent. "Well you're here. Happy? How do we know that wasn't your power, though? Because I should have a better power than that. I sure didn't want you here that bad to activate a power."

Trent grinned. "You're the one that opened the door." He turned around and looked at her. "Sorry you got stuck with such a crappy power."

"That's not fair! I don't care about going into other peoples houses!" Tess fell down to sit on her bed.

"Now we just have to figure out mine." Trent rubbed his hands together. "While I'm at that, why don't you just get Taylor here?"

"What if I can't make it happen again? I wasn't even thinking about it. You were the one thinking about being here, I still think it's your power!"

"Maybe you were fed up with me bitching?" Trent grinned.

"Fine...lets see." Tess stood up and walked over to the door and put a hand on her hip. "Taylors room." She closed her eyes and reached for the door knob and gave it a slow twist.

Trent grinned, hoping like hell that it was Tess's power.

The door opened to Taylors cabin on the cruise ship. Her eyes opened. "Oh my god, it is my crummy power.

Taylor's eyes widened. "Oh my god..what have you done?"

Tess rolled her eyes. "Found out my crummy power."

"But...but how? How is your room sitting in the hallway?" Taylor stood up.

"Yeah, and how was my room in your hallway, Tess? Better yet, how was your room in my hallway?" Trent asked.

"Hell if I know! Just get into it before we find out!" Tess waited until Taylor scrambled into her room with his luggage and she swung the door shut. "Oh, yeah, bright, Trent. You forgot your luggage. I'm not taking you back for it either." She crossed her arms.

"Now we're all here." Trent looked between the other two.

Tess lead the twins through a door into a small room. "As you can see, there is access from the exterior, a door and access from the interior." She said, letting the interior door shut, she locked out. "You won't be using the interior access." She then lead them down the steps into a basement apartment that was half way renovated.

"It's not fully done and my parents haven't bothered in a few years, so I don't see them messing with it anytime soon." She said.

The apartment had hardwood floors, dusty and faded, the walls made of plain block cement but there was a small alley kitchen with bright and dark orange tile linoleum with white walls and a single bathroom with the same theme as the bathroom that had a simple wall sink, a mirror, toilet and a shower with a plain white shower curtain and a bed room with a black carpet and a California king bed with a mattress thrown on top of it with a metal frame and a wooden headboard and footboard.

"Hope you guys don't mind sharing sleeping quarters, of course you could sell the bed and trade in for better arrangements, they will hardly notice." Tess grinned.

"They never come and check it, ever?" Trent asked?

"Hmm...no, not really." Tess shook her head. "There are a couple of old televisions I can bring down here, for the bed room and the living room. Cable runs down here, they haven't exactly separated those things yet." Tess turned around.

"And how exactly are we supposed to change the sleeping quarters?" Taylor grinned.

"Um...well, you can run tracks on the ceiling and curtains like they do in the ER for starters." Tess grinned. She then turned around. "And uh...sell the big bed, not sure how much cash you can get for it but...hey, you can freeze and I can open doors, maybe we can open a bank vault."

"Uh...Tess, I think the door you open has to be close to the same size." Trent said. "Otherwise, you'd be cutting a hole in the vault, not opening it."

"We don't even know what your power is! Which, by the way, we have to get to work on!" Tess nodded.

"My power...is to have power." Trent grinned and pressed his hand against the wall and then they all looked up as the lights began to suddenly flicker. Trent's eyes widened as he started to tremble.

"What the hell?" Tess looked up. "What are you doing?!" Tess looked at Trent.

"That's his power..." Taylor looked at Trent's hand. "Pull your hand away."

Trent pulled his hand away from the wall and noticed that it glowed a bright white.

Tess's eyes widened.

"He takes power..." Taylor said.

"And do what with it?!" Taylor shook his hand and then suddenly the glow flew down towards the hardwood floor and a glowing hand print landed right there before it stopped glowing and left a burn mark.

"Anything...that you can...with power...or energy." Taylor answered.

"What?!" Tess screamed. "First! You get a super cool power! Mine sucks! And then he gets one that he can do optional things with?! That...is such a cheat! He was such an ass in that dream!"

"Think about it, Tess! He could probably amplify our powers! He's like a walking energy tower!" Taylor looked at her.

"I could see how he could amplify yours, maybe your range, I don't see how he could amplify mine at all. I opened doors to Puerto Rico and Bermuda, how much further can you get?!"

"If mine is time related? Put yours with mine, think about it, doors to the past, the future?" Taylor nodded. "Or even better, doors to peoples minds, doors can work in so many ways, things you haven't even thought about."

Tess looked at Taylor and then over at Trent. "Okay, the thought is tempting." She turned around. "Well even more pressing, what have you guys told your parents? What about school?"

"Well, seeing as I just ran out of my room and into Miami, nothing." Trent said.

"Well you're going to have to tell them something." Tess said.

"I told mine I was going to visit a friend. They didn't like it but that's what I said." Taylor said.

"This friend in another part of Puerto Rico I presume? Otherwise they would of paid for you to come here." Tess said.

"Kinda what I told them." Taylor said.

"Okay so, Taylor, you get kidnapped..." Tess said.

"What?! I'm not doing that to my family!" Taylor stared at Tess.

"So what are you going to do? Go back and go through the process of a foreign exchange program?" Tess turned towards him.

"Go into their mind." Trent said. "Open the door, put what you want them to think...in there."

Tess grinned. "And your parents?"

"Do the same thing. And we'll just be homeless. Isn't that a law here, homeless people get into school, no questions asked?"

Tess nodded. "Yep."

"See why America sucks? They'll take you in a teach you but care less about finding your family." Trent grinned.

"Oh shut up, it works." She looked around. "So can we do this here without blowing the power?"

"Should be able to, if Trent can balance out the power flow." Taylor nodded. "Keep the power flow between her, yourself and the house."

"That's asking a lot from a beginner, but...okay." Trent placed his hand on the wall and reached out for Tess's hand. "This will be the same as your power but...the door should be mental, Taylor, talk her through it."

Tess took Trent's hand and both closed their eyes as Trent concentrated on the power, both of his hands started to glow as the lights began to flicker, the energy charging through him and into Tess and back into the house as he tried to keep the balance.

"Okay Tess, imagine yourself, still in the basement...you walk up the stairs...and you open the door and you find yourself in my Mom's mind and then you open another door to my Dad's and you stand in the door way, keeping their minds connected by that one single doorway. Plant the thoughts you want, speak to them, tell them what you want them to think." Taylor said, firmly but gently.

Tess opened her eyes, finding herself in the basement, yet it was clouded in a shade of purple and the thoughts were formed in the visible sight of fog. She stepped up the stairs and opened the door and all of a sudden there was nothing there, it was a blankness and yet she could see the thoughts, the memories, in her mind and she could feel Taylor's Mom's feelings inside of her. She stepped across to the interior door that lead inside of her house and opened it, a blast of wind almost wanted to push her back as she found those thoughts, memories and emotions mixing with that of Taylor's Dad's.

Tess stood right in the doorway, borderlining both minds. "Okay...Taylor is in the student exchange program, he came to Miami, you gave him permission to go. You only contact him by his cell phone. He wanted to experience life in America. You hear me? That is the truth, that is your belief, if his school calls, all you see is a telemarketer, you ignore the call, if they send a letter, it's just some kind of junk mail that you always throw away. If you hear a voice message, again, it's a telemarketer, that is all you hear."

Tess then jerked her hand away from Trent's and gasped grabbing onto Taylors shoulder.

Trent opened his eyes, pushing all of the drained energy back into the house and lowered his hand. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be alright." Tess sighed. "It was like having the oxygen drained out of you...putting all of yourself into someones mind..."

Taylor helped Tess over to the couch. "Need some water?"

"Water, please." Tess nodded as Trent ran to the kitchen to get some water.

"Did you do it?" Taylor sat down.

"I hope I caught all angles." Tess took the glass of water and took a sip. "It's just so intense..."

"It was a first...I'm sure we all have to get used to it." Trent looked at Taylor. "I feel kind of buzzy, like I want to twitch every few seconds."

"Your parents will have to wait." Tess said, sipping on the water.

"So...the sleeping quarters, how are we supposed to change them?" Trent walked into the bed room.

Taylor followed him. "Well the ER curtain wasn't a bad idea for all we can do. Selling the bed isn't a bad idea either...I could always freeze the Good Will and we could load up two different beds."

"Where would we get a truck?" Trent asked.

"Freeze the U-Haul place?" Taylor shrugged.

"Yeah and when it unfreezes...bloop, a truck is just going to disappear instantaneously." Trent shook his head. "We could test drive a normal truck."

"You could unpower the cameras." Taylor said.

"The truck would have to be taken and hidden at night so no one in the office sees. Good Will would have to happen in the day time so we could go in, and if you don't want to be a bad guy, we could just give them the big bed in trade because I don't have the patience to sell it." Trent nodded.

"I would still unpower the Good Will in case..." Taylor said.

"That'll have to be tomorrow, tonight you get the couch, since I helped save your ass." Trent grinned and patted Taylor on the back.

"So this is the main hall, this is where everything happens." Tess narrowed her eyes on a blonde. "Even fake blonde Barbie doll over there." Tess rolled her eyes. "Her Dad's a plastic surgeon, gave her those double D's and that face, should of seen her a couple of years ago. She became a total bitch, they voted her off the cheerleading squad, said her breasts made her to heavy to toss." She laughed.

"Kind of gross actually...your own Dad doing a boob job on you." Tess stopped at her locker.

Trent grinned. "She can toss on me for hours if she wanted..." He stared at the girl.

Tess looked up, disgusted. "See why he shouldn't of gotten that power out of the three of us?"

Taylor laughed and looked at Trent. "Why don't you go tell her." He shoved his brother down the hall and leaned back against the lockers and looked at Tess. "I actually play for the other team."

"Really?" Tess grinned and grabbed a couple of books out and stuck them in her pink messenger bag. "Awesome, I can see us getting along great then. Me and straight guys, they get on my nerves, unless they are gentlemen and date worthy."

Trent walked over to the blonde and grinned. "Hey. I'm new here." He stuck his hand out. "Trent."

The blonde looked up at him and looked at his hand. "Mia." She stood up from the water fountain and carefully wiped her lips so as not to mess up her pink lip gloss.

Trent dropped his hand and grinned. "Well, I just wanted to say, uh...I heard some things about you."

"Really?" Mia leaned over and grinned. "Like from who, your copy over there is talking to? What kind of things?"

"Well, why you were kicked off the squad." Trent nodded. "I just wanted to say that...well...you can toss on me for as long as you want. Those cheer boys can't handle you...but I sure can." Trent grinned.

Mia started laughing. "And your twin? Does he come with the package?"

"I'm...not sure. Our story is...a little parent trap without so much of the Disney." Trent nodded.

Mia nodded. "Well, thank you so much for the humor that came from...the humor. Truth is...that's not why I got kicked off the squad, even if everyone says that it is." She then stepped closer and leaned in. "When you're actually serious, come find me." She started to turn around.

"Bu...but, wait! I am serious!" Trent said.

Mia turned around. "And that's how you expect it to work?"

"I just thought that you'd find it funny...a lot of people start on a funny pick up line, and then it turns into a great thing." Trent smiled.

"Well not me." Mia walked off.

Tess and Taylor walked over to Trent and Tess laughed. "I guess she didn't want to toss on you." She laughed.

"She actually seemed mildly interested if he were part of the deal." Trent nodded at Taylor.

Tess laughed. "Dream, just dream." She walked on. "I got to continue the tour!"

"Dream?" Trent looked at Taylor.

"Yeah, dream." Taylor followed after Tess and Trent soon behind them.

"So that's the library, that's where you go when you want to escape the craziness of the hall, unless you make noise, then the librarian goes crazy." She grinned. "Then up ahead, that's the gym and just through the little trophy lobby in front of the gym is another little hall, lunch room on the left and the court yard on the right and at the very end, the bus parking lot right outside, we drive car though, so no use for that, and everything in between is class rooms, first floor and second floor."

She spun around. "Oh, and I took the liberty..." She dug into her purse and grabbed two pieces of shredded paper and handed them over. "The elevator code to the second floor and the roof. Everyone loves the roof during lunch, that's the place to be, one of the handicapped kids gave out the code, just make sure none of the staff sees you use it, otherwise we're screwed out of it."

"Okay..but before we separate, I want to try my theory." Taylor said.

"What theory?" Trent asked.

"Time travel." Taylor said.

"That's insane! What if we don't know how to get back?!" Tess ran her hands through her hair.

"We have to trust our powers." Taylor looked around and walked away from the library windows and over to the janitors closet. "We'll use this door."

"This is crazy." Trent kneeled down and placed his hand over a wall socket, feeling sparks and he looked up, not noticing any lights flickering, maybe the school being so much bigger, it didn't have such a big effect. He reached up and took Taylors hand.

Taylor looked at Tess and reached for her hand.

"Where are we going?" Tess asked, grabbing Taylors hand.

Taylor grinned. "1955." He focused on the door and closed his eyes.

"This is crazy." Tess grabbed his hand and then reached for the door and pulled it open. Her eyes opened and she saw the same hallway that they were standing in but it looked different, older. "Well there it is."

Taylor's eyes opened. "Put a foot in, we're going to have to dive in or we might lose it."

"This is fucked up."

1955

Trent, Taylor and Tess stumbled through the door and turned around, finding the janitors closet now had become a janitors closet again.

"See! It didn't even hold!" Tess pointed at the door.

"That's because we didn't have Trent's power." Taylor pulled the door shut and looked around.

"Oh my god...this is vintage." Tess looked around, checking out the people. "Okay, we did it, lets go."

"In front of the people?" Taylor looked at her.

Trent started laughing.

"Hey! You must be foreign exchange. Where do you come from? I have to say..." Spencer looked over them. "Well, I'm not going to comment. I'm sure you've gotten plenty of it!"

"Oh! Yeah, everywhere." Tess nodded. "We're from Japan, or, wait, no! China, they are ahead of everyone in everything! Just wait...in about uh...five or six decades...everyone will look like us..."

"Oh! I know! You can't find a thing that doesn't say made in China!" Spencer laughed. "I dared my friend once to find me five things that weren't made in china, he failed, obviously."

"Try finding something that says made in America." Trent grinned. "Maybe we wouldn't be in so much debt if we did make our own stuff, like our own oil instead of paying like three dollars..."

Taylor slapped Trent in the stomach.

"Three dollars for gas?" Spencer questioned

"Excuse my brother...he's a total schizo." Taylor grinned.

Tess laughed. "So what's this? No ones going to class."

"Oh, it's get to know everyone day. No classes, we get to linger the halls and interact." Spencer nodded.

"Huh." Tess looked at the twins. "I got cheated out of that." She mumbled.

"Well you look really cool. Would it be okay with China if I test run some of those clothes?" Spencer asked.

Tess laughed.

"Uh...we have to wait until they ship some more to us." Trent said.

"You're all going to pay!" A student screamed as bullets started flying and other students began screaming, diving for cover, several getting shot as a few gun wielding students made their way through the hall.

"Maybe that's why they stopped this event, Tess." Trent's eyes widened.

Spencer spun around as bullets came flying their way.

Students screamed and Taylor gasped and threw his arms up and the bullets froze in place inches before hitting himself and Spencer.

Spencer's eyes widened. "How the hell did you do that?"

"No time to explain. Trent, get us out of here!"

Trent brought his hand up and felt the electricity sizzling within his grasp and sent a hurling ball of lighting flying at the light above the shooters, causing the light to flicker and spark as the glass busted and broke and fell before them. He then ducked down and placed his hand on top of the wall socket. "Come on!" He used his free hand to send another ball of electricity at them, this time at the wall to hit the fire extinguisher, breaking the glass and causing it to fall off and explode, causing a cloud to burst and blind their line of sight.

Taylor grabbed Trent's free hand and closed his eyes as Tess took Taylor's free hand and it didn't take her long to envision where she wanted to be as she yanked the door open and the trio ventured through the door, but Spencer went right behind them before the door could shut and they ended up back in their time.

2012

Tess gasped. "What are you doing here?! You're not supposed to be here!"

"And I'm supposed to die?!" Spencer looked around. "Wait...we're still where we were." He looked around. "It looks different though. And how did you stop the bullets?"

"Oh my god! It looks new, uh...maybe because it's two thousand and twelve! And by the way, since you are here, you need to keep all of this secret!" She looked down at his clothes. "And...pretend to be amish or something."

"That's a little overreacting, Tess." Trent looked at Spencer. "He could...fit in, maybe in that Bates Motel sort of way."

"That guy is creepy! I hate him!" Tess shook her head.

"Woah...two thousand and twelve." Spencer looked at Tess. "So when you said in like...five or six decades..."

"I wasn't kidding.." Tess looked at Taylor. "I have to get to class, he's your mess, you wanted to do that, so you deal with it." She looked at Spencer. "Now I know why we don't have meet and greet day." She turned around and walked off.

Trent sighed. "Tonight, we need to get that U-Haul, especially now." Trent turned around and walked off.

Taylor sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get everyone mad at you, I was scared, I felt alone, you guys were there, getting away..." Spencer frowned.

"Don't worry about it, if I was you, I would of probably did the same thing. "I'm Taylor by the way, my twin is Trent and she...is Tess."

"I'm Spencer." He nodded. "So...how did you stop the bullets? How did you...time travel?"

"We don't have all the answers, in fact, we don't have any, we just found out, we were just experimenting. Tess is serious though, this has to stay secret. You're closer to the Roswell UFO than us, you know how the government works..."

Spencer nodded. "I won't rat you out, you saved me."

"Well, I'm ditching school, we have to...figure out what to do with you here, that is if you don't want to go back."

"Are you kidding me?" Spencer stepped closer. "How open...are people to being gay...in this time?"

"In comparison? A lot, but it's still not perfect, I don't think it'll be perfect for a long time." Taylor said.

"I'll take a lot over horribly." Spencer said.

"Funny thing is, you've met another." Taylor smiled and took Spencer's hand. "Bet you could never dare even do this where you came from." He then lead Spencer off down the hall.

"Are you serious? The government debates gay marriage now? I couldn't of dreamed of it." Spencer sat down with his bottle of coke and unscrewed the cap and took a sip.

"Yeah, they do, but it's kind of like they take one step forward and two steps back, like a fucked up dance they do, a tug of war. Like I said, it's not perfect, a lot of people are accepting now but you still have those haters and that's...in the government too, and so everyone sees that war." He sat down on the other side of the sofa and sipped his coke.

"What else happens?" Spencer asked, hungry for information.

"Well, New York's twin towers go down in two thousand and one. On September 11th, date comes out as 911, get that message." Taylor frowned. "That turned into a huge decade war, one that I eventually stopped really paying attention to, but the man responsible was killed as they say. Now I don't know what they are doing. All the countries over there are bitching for some reason or another."

Spencer slowly nodded. "Future isn't so great then, huh?"

"Could of been. Everything was great in the 90's as they say, makes you wonder where we would be now if trouble hadn't brewed. Though if you bring that up to most people they think you're a dreamer or just a dumbass and that we were doomed one way or another anyway." Taylor shrugged.

Spencer slowly nodded.

"Want me to show you what records turn into?" Taylor grinned and grabbed his mp3 player off the table and handed it to him. "You put the ear pieces in your ear, depending on the size of memory you get, that one fits nine hundred of whatever songs you put on it."

Spencer took the mp3 player and looked at it. "Nine hundred? Which ever songs you want? And you just plug them in your ears and carry it around." He grinned.

"Yep." Taylor smiled. "And if you set it to shuffle, have enough songs on there, it's like your own radio station that just continuously plays only the songs you like, without commercial breaks."

Spencer laid the mp3 player down. "Well for all the tragedies, you have a lot of surprises."

"Like car GPS that talks to you and tells you which way to go." Taylor grinned.

"Cars talk to you?" His eyes widened.

"They are mega expensive though. Some of these things are so high that they seem pointless for anyone but the rich." Taylor shook his head. "Like electric cars." He grinned.

"That supposed to help with the three dollar gas prices? Because it sounds counter productive, your light bill." Spencer grinned.

"Hmm, yeah, I'd rather just pay the gas prices." Taylor shrugged.

"Makes no sense, people would make more money making everything cheap. Think about how much people would travel..." Spencer shrugged. "I don't see why change any of that."

Taylor shrugged. "Well, I'll have plenty of teach you but...we'll come across it as we need to."

I knew you were, you were gonna come to me. And here you are, but you better choose carefully. ‘Cause I, I’m capable of anything, of anything and everything. Make me your Aphrodite. Make me your one and only.

Spencer looked at Taylor's phone. "It sings randomly to you."

Taylor grabbed his phone and slid his finger across the screen and tapped speaker. "Hello?"

"Just wondering how you and our friend from the past is doing?" Tess grinned.

"Well now he wants to know why my phone sings to me."

"That's a phone?" Spencer asked.

"It's a cell phone, those come around in the uh...what? Late eighties?"

"Uh...not so good, a little rusty on my history, maybe? But I think they are gigantic. These are smart phones, they are this century. The phones can't sing to you until uh...yeah, until the 2000's and then you can't make a custom one unless the phone lets you." Tess explained.

"Okay, well, he's doing fine...and he got to hear Katy Perry...and her best song, one that she will probably never top in the rest of her career. So you better get back to class before yours is confiscated. Who do you have by the way?" Taylor asked.

"And what song is that?" Tess grinned.

"Dark Horse. Now what's yours?" He asked.

"Diva...by Beyonce. Okay, hanging up." Tess hung up.

Taylor shook his head and laid his phone down. "You can fit music on those too, actually you can do so many things on them that it isn't even funny."

Spencer slowly nodded. "Well...I like Katy Perry."

Taylor laughed. "You're on my ship."

"Okay, so we're stealing a U-Haul?" Spencer followed the twins.

"Yep, we're not sleeping on one bed...and with a third house mate, damn sure isn't working." Trent looked around at the camera's and then stopped on the side walk. "Okay, pull on the freeze."

"There's no people. How will I know it worked?" Taylor asked.

"Concentrate on the cameras...and here." He grabbed Spencer and pulled him around and in front. "Use him as a prop. If he's froze, so is the cameras."

"Is that safe?" Spencer looked at Taylor, anxiety ridden.

"Yeah, it's safe, you won't notice anything." He closed his eyes and lifted his hands and then gestured out. His eyes then opened and he looked at Spencer and waved his hands in front of him. "Spencer? Hello? Spencer?"

"He's froze, means the camera's are froze. Stay here and I'll go and take out the camera's." Trent walked towards the building and found the power box on the side and placed his hand over it, feeling the energy being drawn in, the box began to spark and the camera's each sparked and burst and soon the power box burst along with it. He pulled his hand away, seeing the smoke that rose from it. "Are the camera's out?" He called out.

Taylor watched the camera's spark and burst and then he nodded. "Yeah." He sighed and then unfroze Spencer who would find that Trent seemingly just disappeared into thin air.

"Where did he go?" Spencer asked.

"He took out the camera's." He wrapped an arm around Spencer and walked into the parking lot and over to one of the bigger trucks and then jumped back when a ball of energy flew through the driver side window of one and bashed through it.

Trent walked over and stepped up, unlocked it and opened the door. "Just brush the glass out." He brushed glass out and got in, placing his hand over the ignition, sparking the engine to life.

Taylor and Spencer walked to the other side by the time Trent unlocked the door and Taylor got up and brushed the glass out and then he helped Spencer get into the middle and he sat on the outer passenger side and closed the door just before Trent drove off.

"Okay, now we'll load the current bed into it and then switch it out with some beds from the Good Will."

"While we're at it, why don't we do the couch and the coffee table and just...do a whole make over?" Taylor asked.

"Could you keep them froze that long?" Trent grinned.

"For all I know, they might unfreeze when I leave the room." Taylor said.

"You froze from the outside before, at the cruise ship, how big was your range?" Trent asked.

"I didn't pay attention! I just ran past the ticket person and got on, I know it didn't last very long." Taylor pulled out his phone and grinned. "See, Spencer? You're my background."

"That's really cool, I like that." He looked up at Taylor.

Tess grunted as she dragged the king mattress from the bedroom and into the living room just as the boys came through the door. "Finally!" She let the weight of the mattress pull her forward as she gasped for air and the mattress fell over the coffee table.

"Some real men to do the work." She looked between Taylor and Trent.

Trent laughed at the sight of Tess. "No one told you to help."

"Yeah, well this bed has to be out and this all has to be done before my parents get home from their trip tomorrow night. Remember what I said...low noise." She crossed her arms.

"Oh!" She walked towards the kitchen and grabbed some brackets and curtains. "I took the liberty of getting the brackets and curtains for you, best I can do to split the room. So if anyone decides to fuck, someones just going to have to deal, listen to some loud music or just leave the room!"

"Or I could just freeze them at my convenience." Taylor grinned.

"That's morbid." Trent looked at Taylor.

"Whatever! Just get the thing!" Tess said, impatiently.

Trent and Taylor moved forward and lifted the mattress up and moved to carry it out to the truck.

"Want to help me break the bed down?" She looked at Spencer.

"Sure." Spencer nodded and followed Tess into the bedroom and started to help her take the bed apart.

Trent and Taylor came in and started taking the parts until Spencer and Tess had the bed fully taken apart and soon enough, the bed was out of the room.

Tess grinned. "I wonder what they are going to sleep on tonight." She stood up. "They didn't think about that, did they?"

Spencer's eyebrows lifted.

"Hey, boys!" Tess called out.

"What?" Trent asked, followed by Taylor.

"I was just wondering." She looked around. "You can't go to the Good Will until in the morning. What are you going to sleep on tonight? Spencer automatically gets the couch, he's our very special guest."

"Uh..." Taylor looked at Trent.

"I didn't think about it." Trent scratched his head. "I could stay at Mia's."

"Mia's?" Tess grinned. "After she flat out rejected you? Unless you came as a double package? The little whore that she is."

"Go into her mind and make her." Trent said.

Tess laughed. "After what that did to me? I'm not doing that just so you can sleep with her." She walked out of the room and headed out of the apartment and up the stairs, using the interior door to go back into her house.

"You can do that? Go into peoples minds and make them do stuff?" Spencer asked.

"She can, if she would." Trent slid down on the wall and sat on the floor. "I guess it'll be the hard floor for us."

Spencer shook his head. "Two can fit on the couch." He walked over to Taylor. "If you can stand being really close."

Taylor grinned. "Why not?" He took Spencer's hand and lead him off to the living room and sat on the couch and then laid on the outside, wrapping his arms around Spencer, staring into his eyes.

The bedroom door shut in Trent's defeat and Spencer stared into Taylors eyes. "I've never kissed anyone before."

"You should save it...for someone special." Taylor said.

"You are special, very special..."

"Not that kind of special." Taylor smiled. "Just wait..." He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against Spencer's.

"Okay, open the door." Trent said through the phone.

Taylor looked at Spencer and walked forward and opened the door and stepped just inside before gesturing with a hand and freezing everyone inside. "Remember your position so that there is no glitch in the camera."

Trent backed up the U-Haul to the double doors.

"Hold the door open." Taylor said as Spencer held the door open and Taylor stood along the door way. "Slide the bed down."

Trent climbed out and moved into the back and pulled the mattress back and dragged it into the store and soon after went in for the parts. Taylor pulled the mattress into the store and laid it down as Trent came back a few trips with the parts.

"Move it all out of the way." Taylor said as he pulled the mattress off to the side and dropped it to the side while Trent tossed the parts near by.

Trent walked around the store. "I'm getting the couch too."

"You brought the couch." Taylor's eyes widened.

"Where did you think I went while you two ate it up at the diner?" Trent headed back to the truck.

"Stay there." Taylor pointed at Spencer and then walked around the store and looked over the beds and then he saw a full size water bed with a drained mattress and a solid blurred but reflective silver platform frame and a semi circle mirror headboard. "This one."

Trent dropped the old brown couch near the broken down bed and walked over to Taylor. "That looks like it weighs a ton."

"Well use some of your energy, super man." Taylor looked at Trent.

"If I even saved any." Trent leaned down to try and pick up the bed and closed his eyes and then his eyes opened at the sudden lightness of it.

"Woah..." Taylor stepped back.

Trent looked over and saw that he was now holding a large ball of electricity in his hands. "How does that work?"

"Light as a feather stiff as a board? You thought light and then your power...and bam."

"Well I'm not questioning it." Trent ran out the door and up into the truck and leaned down, laying the electricity down and the light all came together, flickering and sparking until the light solidified and became the bed again.

Spencer's eyes widened and he looked up and inside the truck.

Trent ran back into the store. "Be putting the bed together!" He walked around, looking for a bed of his own choice.

Taylor sighed and walked over and dragged the mattress over to where the bed he took used to be and then he moved to get the parts and started putting it back together.

Trent found a queen sized circular shaped bed with a black silk sheets and four poles around the bed that lead up to a circular shaped canopy with a dark red curtain that hung down from the top. "Now here's a bed." He grinned and leaned down, getting that same mind set and as he lifted it up, he opened his eyes and rushed the ball of electricity to the truck and then leaned forward, letting the bed drop into the truck as it returned to normal, knowing that he couldn't keep that up for long, especially after consciously trying.

Taylor finally got the bed back together and pulled it up to kinda feel the space between the two beds they had taken and pulled the mattress on top of it. "Now the couch?" He breathed heavily and looked up, noticing the room unfreeze for a second and then he jerked his hand up and it froze again before anyone had a chance to notice anything.

"Hurry..." Taylor stood up.

"How about this couch?" Trent pointed to a square couch made out of wood with black leather where everyone would climb on and sit Indian style.

Taylor slowly nodded. "I like it."

"You know they will know their best items are missing, our replacements won't compensate, so don't bother trying. I can't do that electricity thing anymore, I nearly dropped the other bed."

"Fine." Taylor grabbed one half of the couch and helped Trent move it to the door way and sat it down. "If I walk out, they might unfreeze."

"Oh god, Taylor!" Trent closed his eyes and then the couch turned into electricity and he swung around and the couch reformed onto the ramp and he grunted as he shoved it up. He closed the truck and sighed, wiping sweat from his face and then he got into the truck. "I'll be just down a block." He said and then drove away.

Taylor waved Trent on and walked over to Spencer. "Okay, back into position, ready?"

"Been ready." Spencer slowly nodded. "Robbery."

"Trade, we donated stuff." Taylor waved his hand and everyone unfroze. "We were walking in." He mumbled and grabbed Spencer's hand and walked in and smiled as he walked and looked around. "Okay, we looked. I don't like nothing."

Spencer grinned.

"Thanks! You all have a nice day!" Taylor grinned and drug Spencer out of the store and headed down the street.

I just want to note, some elements in the story are not exactly time accurate, I might choose to reference a song or a movie that has happened beyond the time the story takes place in. This won't happen much, just in a time when my creativity seems fit, and it is fiction. So please understand, and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay, this chapter seemed a little more disjointed. Not sure how the addition of Spencer is going work, especially since he will be an appendage, or at least it looks that way.

 

Trent seems a little to comfortable with the idea of using his power or the others for his benefit, not sure if the ark is going to let him get away with that much...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..