Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 9,015 Words
  • 1,159 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Defied Reality - 8. Chapter 8: Under The Radar

Tess, Trent, Taylor and Gage sat at the rather long and yet short at the same time fancy table, it was white and made of granite with a mirror in the middle of it. Barack Obama sat at the other end of the table, two armed guards stood behind him and at either side and a few select other people sat at the table, people with the highest of clearance, the type of people who dealt with the messy situations.

Gage sat at the other end, sunglasses on and he rested his head on his hand, fingers curled and the heel of his palm beneath his chin as he stared Obama down, like the two kings and their chess pieces.

"So...Tess made this meeting up. What are we here for?" Gage grinned.

"Well first of all, your methods of saving your friend, destroying a facility and killing thousands of lives...is considered an act of terrorism, first and foremost." Obama said.

"I prefer the simple term...genocide." Gage sighed and sat upright. "And as Tess informed you, our friend had been kidnapped. Your men...your people, have rank over law enforcement. Was calling 911 an option? Plus, he was kidnapped straight from your office and no government action was taken to save him, so we took that liberty upon ourselves...inevitably leading to our lives being in danger and to...what you call by law...death by self defense." Gage nodded.

"See, it is like Tess said, and I quote her references and ideas so much, but she makes a lot of sense. Your hostilities cost a lot of things, lives, knowledge, unions, you set it up decades ago that aliens were little green midgets with big bug eyes that had laser guns and were planning to evade the Earth." Gage continued. "Maybe there is a race out there like that, maybe they could attempt to do that, who knows? But, we look just like you and there is a very good reason for that."

Obama nodded. "You don't remind the video camera do you? It's for our files. We also have Miss Wilborough here typing the transcript of this meeting."

"Fine." Gage nodded.

"So...we're listening." Obama said.

"Okay, well, lets make this interesting." Tess grinned. "The interesting part is, you see, Trent, Taylor, and I were left abandoned and raised at the three points of the Bermuda Triangle. We met through an interconnected dream that...uh...someone made happen. It was real funny...and we exchanged Skype's to see if it was real, then we woke from the dream and Skyped each other. What a surprise!" Tess grinned.

Barack wasn't even sure where to go with that, no one else seemed to be either.

"So...we all got here and found out we had matching necklaces." Trent went on to add. "We used them to go...uh...home? They didn't like it, found out our Dad put us on the Earth to do...something that is classified, they took our necklaces so we couldn't go back anymore and we were washed back onto the Earth via the sea." He nodded.

"To do something classified?" Barack questioned. "Now, you see. How can we not be hostile when we're told something like that?"

Gage shifted his gaze around. "We can't tell you." He looked at Barack. "But I can assure you that it's about the preservation of life and not death, and that no one plans to murder anyone, simply put, a transition is meant to take place. Tess, Taylor, and Trent, are hybrid, alien humans. I, on the other hand am a full blood and...really I'm not part of anything, I am only here as...support, more or less."

"Is that the transition? Fill the world with...these hybrids?" Barack asked.

"I know that sounds like alien invasion, hostile take over, but no." Tess shook her head. "Look, it's the way our body system works, when we sleep with people, hybrid children will be born, like us. Thing is...when we sleep with people, a certain genetic component is left behind that will make all future children hybrids, whether they are mothered or fathered by us or not. They could be in every sense not biologically ours and still be hybrid." Tess looked at Gage and her eyes widened, hoping she didn't say something bad.

Gage gave Tess a very disapproving, almost fearful look as his gaze returned to Barack. "I assume, should you not want this to be, you will want to try and contain us? What you should know before you make that call, Mr. President, is that our kind, the Annunaki, are responsible for human creation. Why else would we look exactly the same? Because our DNA was used to create you, just enough of it to create a secondary intelligent being, of course one that still fell below us, being why you don't have what you might consider, super powers. Then the Annunaki of ancient times, from Atlantis, being where that crystal came from, they began to mate with humans and essentially did create hybrids."

Gage paused, letting this sink in. "God was not happy with that. God was one of us, though the most ancient and powerful of our kind, ironically as prideful as Satan. He didn't like us, he casted himself out alone rather than join in, once he realized a race was born, a race below him, he wanted that race for himself, so that he could be almighty King. Of course to him, we were flawing it, the great flood happened, destroyed everything and our kind disappeared and the new story, his story began and...humans evolved as they did." He looked up. "That's the short version, what I've been told of it."

"So, you want this new hybrid race...why? A peace offering? A unity? Imprint your leadership? What?" Barack asked.

"It's about unity. Take an author and a film maker. The author writes the script, the film maker changes everything. Well, because of so many changes, the film maker has every right to call it their own, since they didn't use any of the authors content. In this case, the content was taken, by unity we get credit for creation and God gets credit for all that happened after he stole it. Then once a unity, a new story can begin, the story that should of been all along." Gage explained. "We're neither good nor evil, we don't fall into such categories, we either dance in the dark or walk through the light, and if not that, we're neutral."

Taylor looked up at them as they all seemed speechless again.

Trent grinned and looked at Tess and whispered. "He just shook their very foundation."

Barack closed his eyes. "So, life would continue on, as normal, but it's a possibility...that more hybrids would be born? Like these three? And...it's all natural birth?"

"All natural, the flow of birth and death is not disrupted, think of it simply as the next step in human evolution." Gage said. "And it's not like we plan to open sex centers or send these kids out...that would be completely unfair to them. So as they go through their life, dating, having serious relationships, slutting around, if they choose, whatever, it would be a slow process." Gage took a deep breath, not understanding why the man needed these constant reassurances.

Barack looked at Gage. "I'm just not sure if our society is ready for the responsibility such abilities would bring. If you understand our world at all."

"Oh, I understand it. But, what I don't think you've considered is how your society might change, how the world it's self might change because of such abilities. You know where I come from, there are laws, of course, but they are of a higher nature. Imagine not needing a system anymore, imagine living...just to live?" Gage leaned back.

Barack went quiet and then looked at the other three. "I want your input, growing up here, how has this changed your lives?"

"Well, I save gas...I can open my bedroom door and walk right into Mia's bedroom from across town." Tess laughed. "Just an example, I wouldn't want to."

"I could...restore power if there was a power outage." Trent said. "That's productive, right?" He grinned.

Taylor frowned. "You could use me to kill Osama in the 90's if you want, stop 9/11, prevent the economic collapse...maybe find out why the fuck oil went up and stop that and the whole war on terror and we could all make the new millennium peace and love..." He paused. "Then you could use me to save John F Kennedy if you wanted, I could save Abraham Lincoln for you...go back and prevent Hitler..." He looked at Barack. "Want me to go on?"

Barack frowned at Taylor's response. "Clearly you think we would abuse your ability?"

"Why not?" Taylor looked up. "I could change everything that you want me to change. Can't guarantee what the new outcome would be...but you could hope for the best."

"We wouldn't do that, I wouldn't do that. It's a nice thought, if you could change the past. And then you have someone who can...But is it for the best? Out of all of that, the only thing I might even consider wanting to change is 9/11." Barack tapped the top of his pen against the table.

Tess looked at the transcript writer and grinned. "I told him he should go change the Dixie Chicks from being hated. Just turn their mics off before they open their big mouths." She laughed.

"Well, I don't see this going anywhere." Gage pushed his chair back and stood up. "So, if you don't mind, I think me and mine will be leaving."

"Want to watch what I can do?!" Tess ran towards the door. "Now, Mr. Obama, what's on the other side of this door?"

Barack looked at Gage and nodded, honestly bewildered by the whole thing. His gaze shifted to Tess. "Uh...a hallway." He said.

"Not today!" She opened the door and it was the entry way to her house. "I love traveling this way." She walked through the door and into her living room, following by Taylor, Trent and finally Gage, who was quick to shut the door, wanting to cut the loop and create the distance as quick as possible.

"Well, Gage, you will have to stay with the boys...only two beds...but there is a couch, it's kind of like a bed, you take your shoes off and kind of just lounge in it with your legs bent." Tess nodded.

Gage nodded and followed Trent and Taylor down stairs. Tess sighed and walked over and sat on the couch, grabbing the remote and flipping the television on.

Tess sat on the couch and wiped at her eyes with a tissue. "This has got to be one of the two saddest movies they have shown today." She cried, wiping her eyes. "That poor woman and her son..."

"I can't believe this!" Tess heard Taylor from downstairs and she quickly hopped off the couch, wiping her eyes to clean her mascara and she ran downstairs.

"What the hell is going on?!" Tess thrust the door open and looked inside.

"So I have a few issues, Spencer and so you want to go hop with Trent?!" Taylor laughed and then looked at his brother. "And you're willing to go bi curious for him? Why? Because you don't think you and Tess can send him back to his time on your own? Or maybe deep down you just know that's not what he truly wants!"

"I resent that!" Tess throws her tissue down. "I bet I could send him back to his time!"

Gage stood there and looked over at Tess after she made that comment which was completely off the center of the point. A sigh escaped as he watched the drama unfold.

"Look, Taylor, he didn't mean anything wrong. He just feels like...and honestly...we all feel like...you need to find who you are as a person." Trent sighed. "Because you're just blank..."

"Blank?" Taylor nodded and looked away. "I'm blank?" He looked at Trent. "Well you know what, take him. We'll see how long he enjoys your thrill seeking with Tess, we'll see how long he handles it. While you're doing that...maybe I'll just go find a personality! You know I hear they're real cheap at Target!"

"Good! Want to borrow my rewards card?!" Trent screamed back, almost wanting to laugh at what Taylor had said.

"Guys! Stop!" Spencer stepped between them and looked back and forth. "God! Just stop!" He sighed. "Taylor, I loved you...I really did...but it feels like the you I fell in love with is gone." He turned to Trent. "And you're a great guy! And if I wanted anyone to give me a reason to stay, I would want it to be you!" He looked between them both. "And yes I want a reason to stay!"

"Maybe we should send him back." Taylor's eyes narrowed.

"What?!" Spencer spun around.

"You should of heard the crap he was feeding me...'I'm a god...you're my god.' Feeds the ego...until you think about it later." Taylor said, mocking Spencer.

Tess closed her eyes. "Wait a minute..."

All the guys turned to Tess.

"Isn't that a bit odd?" Tess opened her eyes. "I don't care..how open this world seems to someone. Would someone from 1955 really say something like that? I mean a guy to a guy? Brand new world or not...you would think he would still feel rather...repressed."

Trent looked up thoughtfully and then looked over at Spencer.

Taylor stared at Spencer and then his gaze shifted to Gage, as did Trent's and Tess'.

Gage looked around when they all looked at him. "What? I have all the answers? I don't know anything about someone who would...what? Plant themselves in 1955 just so you could find them? For one, they would have to have tapped into the ability of premonition and for two...someone would have to have a reason. What would the reason be?"

"An elder ancestor?" Tess questioned.

"But why?" Gage asked.

"Or..." Tess looked at Spencer and gasped. "An Angel..."

Gage's eyes widened. "God..." He stood up from the couch. "It makes perfect sense, you united, you were using your powers..."

Spencer pulled back and stepped away. "That is ridiculous! If I was sent to kill you, take you out, whatever! I had plenty of chances!"

"Maybe that's not what you're doing." Gage said. "God was a ruthless being eons ago...but to paint himself as this glorious being now, would he betray that?"

"So what? I'm an Angel and God sent me to convert them?! What would he even do with them?!" Spencer screamed.

Tess walked further into the room and stared at Spencer thoughtfully. "You're my God..." She looked around. "Maybe...God...wants Demi Gods." Tess turned towards Gage. "That's what we would be called in the old times, right? Demi Gods? And we're physical beings...where as for all we know...God is not." She looked around. "And before anyone says anything, no, I am not getting God and Jesus confused, I know which one I'm talking about."

"Demi Gods...I would guess." Gage nodded, listening to Tess' theory. "It's a good point. I mean I don't know how God was described as a being, just the how he felt and what he did and why. I don't know if he's tangible or seeable or what, but if he isn't...it would make sense if he did have God's down here to maintain the Earth, we all know Jesus is to busy with heaven."

"Wait..." Taylor looked at Tess. "He was being lustful. How can he be holy and lustful?"

"Manipulation! All you have to do is apologize for your sin and you're forgiven! And besides, if it was his mission, I'm sure he's forgiven for any tactics he has to use!" Tess argued.

"Okay, so he has a vision, that we go to 1955, goes there himself..." Trent started.

"Isn't even freaked out by what we're wearing! I told him it'll come out in five or six decades! He doesn't bother to ask how we had it now!" Tess screamed dramatically.

Trent closed his eyes until Tess finished. "Okay, then the gun men come in, Taylor freezes bullets, I throw a couple of energy balls and we run back through the janitor door and he tags along...and doesn't question any of it." He opened his eyes. "Just seemed...excited. He didn't even ask where the shooters were...or why the hall wasn't messed up anymore when it was essentially the same hallway."

Tess looked at Gage and then turned around. "Taylor, freeze him."

"What?! Why?! This is crazy! Look, I can explain all of that! It was such a rush!" Spencer frowned.

Taylor sighed and flung a hand up and froze Spencer. "What is this for?"

"Kiss him." Tess said. "It's something that Gage taught me. Kiss him, focus on wanting the truth from him when you do it...and then maybe he'll tell the truth."

"I'm not kissing him." Taylor frowned.

Trent shook his head.

Tess looked at Gage. "Is there any way to test? Like with vampires?"

Gage frowned. "Maybe you should just fight him, if he's an Angel, he'll defend himself."

"I think the more important question, if he is an Angel, what do we do with him?" Taylor asked.

"You kill him...or you send him home crying. We can be neutral or we can be evil on that front." Gage stated.

"What about the man?" Taylor asked.

"What man?" Tess looked at him.

"There was a man, an old man that saw the Good Will footage who swore he knew Spencer as a senior in high school. So if he really was from that time, isn't he likely human? It would be to much of a coincidence if..." Taylor scratched his head.

"Or his premonition isn't day specific so he had to go spend half a year, waiting on us." Tess grinned at the thought.

"Or he cloned someone who already exists. You want your proof? See if there is an old man Spencer." Gage then looked at the frozen Spencer. "And take a picture of him too, see if he identifies as himself."

Tess's eyes sparked at the idea and she grabbed her phone out and snapped a picture of Spencer and grinned and headed for the door with Trent.

"Taylor, stay here, you need to keep him frozen. You'll be amazed though, when you advance, you can freeze larger areas, leave rooms frozen, eventually the frozen stay that way until you either mentally let them go or go unconscious, or die" Gage smiled.

Taylor stopped at the door as Tess and Trent headed out and sighed, walking over to the couch and then he sat beside Gage and looked up at Spencer. "What would happen if I made him statued and then unfroze him?"

Gage grinned.

"Okay, I have Saturday detention, so I can get into the school archives." Trent said.

"The fuck? And how am I supposed to get in?! What did you do?!" Tess drove.

"Mia reported me for sexual harassment because I said she could bounce on me...some crap like that." Trent grinned.

"Ugh...and I got nothing for punching her." Tess narrowed her eyes.

"Well look at how you did it. Who would believe that?" Trent laughed.

"How am I supposed to get in?!" Tess asked.

"You don't, I find out all I can on the inside and then you do all the outside work. I just have to trace his steps after high school, what college did he go to, who was his family, then you're on from there." Trent said.

"Yeah...except you redid his file!" Tess swerved into the school parking lot and pulled up in front of the building where the group of other kids with detention gathered.

"I didn't change any names."

"You made him from Los Angeles! How am I supposed to find his parents?!" Tess leaned forward and let her forehead tap the steering wheel.

"It has their full name, do a background check, I'll text you any of the original info I can find, link it all together." Trent started to get out.

Tess' hands fell from the steering wheel. "Jesus take the wheel..." She mumbled in melody.

Trent looked back at her and laughed before getting out and shutting the door, running up the steps just as the group was being let in.

"Take it from my hand...'cause I can't do this on my own....I'm letting go...." Tess kept singing along.

"I'm really glad to meet you...and I don't mean to, well, act like I'm pumping you for information but, we all have our questions."

"I understand, Taylor." Gage nodded.

Taylor opened up the golden box. "So...can you translate the tablets?"

"I don't have to, I know what they are. They're instructions, they tell you what the crystal pyramid is and what to do with it." Gage then grabbed the pyramid from Taylor's bag and laid it in the box for safe keeping.

"So what is it for? What are the instructions?" Taylor asked.

"The timing...is critical and because of that, I shouldn't tell you until the right time." Gage reached forward and closed the box. "I will tell you, though, the pyramid does complete the Pyramid of Giza. I know, it's small and hand held but...it resonates energy that forms into a physical structure, the completion and it's a great source of power."

Taylor sighed. "I just don't understand why I'm the quiet one. Tess is proactive yet she gets the passive power? Really?"

"Your starting powers were based on your personalities." Gage said. "And I think you just need to find you, quit comparing yourself...to everyone else. Yes, you guys are a unit, you work together, sure...but it doesn't mean you are destined to be bound to each other and only each other."

"So..what do I do? How do I do that?" Taylor asked. "I feel useless."

"Then hang out with me for a bit. I'm sure I can come up with some ideas." Gage grinned.

"Like what?" Taylor asked.

"Well, for starters, make you feel not useless. I can train you...and I could make you the strongest of the three." Gage then looked around. "I could create worlds for us." He paused. "Well, not technically worlds, more like alternate dimensions, small scenescapes, like the dream you had, except we would really be there. It would just be size limited. I could teach you how to make them too. You already can mentally, I know, you just haven't done it yet."

"What else?" Taylor asked with a grin.

"Ever wanted to force someone to hallucinate? Or rather create an illusion that only they can see."

"I don't know, you seem kind of above that." Taylor said.

"I am, I never really got a chance to just be a kid." Gage shrugged. "I don't mean to say I'm above it because I'm to good for it! I just mean that...I had to grow up way to fast to really get things like that."

Taylor nodded and smiled. "I get it."

Gage slowly nodded.

Tess sat at the public library scrolling through old newspaper articles through the screen. "Oh! Here it is...I found his Mom's obituary. She died after his Dad...a year later." She frowned. "Okay so...now what? How do I find him?"

"Do a background search. Pay for it if you have to." Trent said.

"How do I explain that to my parents?!" Tess screamed.

"Tell them it was for a school assignment or something, hell, I don't know." Trent grinned.

Tess stood up and then headed up the stairs where the computers are, careful to not be seen by any staff using her phone. She sat at a computer and pulled up a web browser to do a background check on Spencer. "Okay...so if we find out this...Spencer...is an old man, that makes our Spencer a fake?"

"According to Taylor's time travel theory, yes. See with Spencer in our time, he wouldn't have been in the 50's in order to age into an old man now, so there can't be two versions of him existing within the same present." Trent explained.

"Damn it." Tess frowned, typing in all of her credit card information. She hit enter, created a user name and password and then logged in. She typed in the name she found in the obituary and gasped.

"What?" Trent said, alarmed.

"Spencer...is dead." Tess said.

"Dead? How?" Trent asked.

"There is a death certificate." Tess looked at it. "It says he died from a fatal gun shot wound.." Tess looked away. "He died in the shooting."

"Wait a minute, in time theory, the death certificate wouldn't exist, if we saved the real Spencer, he would have just gone missing. We're not talking about a fire, it's a shooting. If he was identified as dead..." Trent trailed off.

"It says he died in the shooting. He was one of three identified bodies found just inside the school, the entrance...we were way down the hall." Tess frowned. "It's a fake."

"Well, I'm stuck in detention, you need to go home and tell Gage and Taylor." Trent said.

Tess hit the print button to print the pages. "On my way to do that." She hung up and stood up and went off to grab her printed papers.

"Hey." Cole grinned and looked at Tess. "Where are you in a rush off to?"

Tess stopped and grinned at Cole. "Oh, to bust someone for some serious identity theft." She hid the pages behind her back and then laughed. "I can wish, right? As exciting as that would be. Just doing research on Joan Of Arc...you know, for history. Had to pick someone thought provoking and I'm taking it from a psychological angle. You know, all the old prophets and what not, who's to say they didn't just have a bad case of the schizo's?"

"Then she burned for being mentally ill and all the towns people should be shamed?" Cole grinned and laughed. "Interesting out look, you know...how psychology could have been confused as dark magic in the old times."

"It's the truth." Tess said, suddenly wanting to do the project now.

Cole laughed. "You are one funny girl."

"I can be when I want." Tess grinned. "But I have to go, double studying to do to pull my concept together." Tess then turned and quickly rushed off, weaving down one aisle and then through another to lose track of him so that she could escape the library.

Felix walked up to Cole and laughed. "Playing hard to get?"

"Isn't she always?" He looked at Felix.

He shook his head and looked at Cole. "Sometimes, I wonder if shes one of those popular girls that likes to be a loner at the same time."

"Well I don't like to be a loner." Mia stepped up behind them as Cole and Felix turned around. "And I can tell you, that girl has got some voodoo going on, and not just her, but those twins she hangs around with too."

"What do you mean?" Cole asked.

"Well, if you haven't heard, she appeared inside my locker, it was like one of those...space time...loop hole, things, whatever. Like if the wall were bent and the back of my locker was connected to hers, yet nothing was bent, I could see her and I could see out of her locker through mine. She was able to reach through and grab me. And the one twin? Taylor? He can freeze things, not like ice...but he can...like pause them. I think he did it to me at work because one second he was there, the next, poof, gone." Mia explained.

Cole's eyebrows lifted. "I don't want to insult you, Mia, but that is the most far fetched thing I ever heard."

"Want to bet? Talk to that cop, Jackson Blake. He was in the office the day it happened to me. Apparently Taylor and Trent robbed the Good Will and on the security footage, Taylor jumps from the door to the middle of the room, instantaneously, the furniture also changes, just the same, he has the video." Mia crossed her arms. "Then Taylor jumps back to the door and walks in with that Spencer kid, they look around for a second and walk out, all of it plays seamlessly, no glitches, no errors in time stamps...nothing."

Felix looked at Cole. "It's worth checking out."

"Why would the cops show us something like that?" Cole looked at Felix. "It's probably been classified and hidden in a titanium room with dead bolts and chains and security codes and card swipes..." Cole shook his head.

"I bet the Good Will kept a copy. If you found something like that, would you give up your only version of proof?" Mia asked.

"Like the farmer from Roswell UFO? If he kept some piece of it, where is it now?" Cole asked. "Don't you think he would of come out with the proof?"

"Yeah, and get killed? Showing it to a couple of us is far different than going world wide with it." Mia shook her head. "I'm going and you two can stay here or give a girl a ride." She turned around and headed towards the exit of the library.

Tess stormed into the apartment. "He's fake!" She screamed.

Gage looked up from the table as he and Taylor were eating some Mac-n-Cheese.

"What?" Taylor looked at Tess.

Tess walked over and threw the papers down. "He died in the shooting we picked him up in. He died at the front entrance, way down the hall from where we even were, that's where the shooters came in, he would of been one of the first ones killed! If we saved the real one, there would be no death certificate nor any article about him dying, he would of simply been a missing persons. He was identified dead!"

Taylor flipped the pages over as he looked at them, along with Gage and then Taylor frowned. "So he's most likely an Angel?" He looked at Gage.

"Most likely." He responded.

"Then why hasn't he used his powers against mine?" Taylor asked. "I mean, that can happen, right? My freeze could be immune? Or fought against and beaten after a period of time?"

"If he can, he probably hasn't in the hopes that he can maintain the charade." Gage suggested.

"And obviously I haven't." Spencer frowned as he walked over and stood in the living room, several feet from the kitchen.

Gage stood up as Tess turned around and then Taylor pushed his chair back and got up.

"That's sick...to steal a dead person's identity like that." Tess frowned.

"He understands the cause, in fact when we foresaw what was to happen, he volunteered his identity." Spencer grinned. "So I guess this is where the games begin? Unless the hybrids wish to convert." He looked between Tess and Taylor. "Your chance to make a choice."

Tess' eyes narrowed and she grabbed Taylor's bowl of Mac-n-Cheese and lunged it towards Spencer. "Screw you!"

Spencer's eyes closed as a white light suddenly surrounded him and like a wall, when the dish hit the light, it shattered and fell to the floor. "Pity for you." He looked up at her and then lifted a hand and a powerful gust of wind would fly forth and hit her, strong enough to send her flying over the table.

Tess screamed as she suddenly felt the wind and flew over the table and hit the wall at the back of the kitchen and landed on the floor, cringing from the pain, Gage quickly moved down to her side.

"Taylor...come on, you belong with us. You don't belong with them. You don't even know who you are with them." Spencer lowered his hand. "I'm not here as a bad guy...not if you don't view me that way. I just have to battle any who stand against our cause." Spencer stared at him.

"And like I would know anymore than you?" Taylor started to grin. "Right, you got that book that tells me who to be." He shook his head and jerked his arm up to freeze Spencer again.

"Ah!" Spencer waved a hand. "Don't bother, you see...that only works when I suppressed myself and...remained as 'Spencer' but as you see, when I allow myself out, I become stronger. Want to know something about that little trick of yours?"

Taylor frowned, staring at Spencer.

"You slow down molecular structures to the point where they freeze. It has nothing to do with stopping time. That is why that video at the Good Will caught you, because you never froze the camera. But then, I digress as you can pull off the opposite affect, speed them up to a point where things go boom." Spencer grinned.

"I still don't understand why it won't work on you!" Taylor took a step back.

"Because." Gage stood up. "Angels are just as powerful as Annunaki, his power is on the level as mine. If I hadn't of come here...you'd be killed if you didn't bow to him and his leader."

Tess stood up and narrowed her eyes on Spencer.

Spencer looked over at Gage. "That's mighty ironic, isn't it? Does someone have the power of premonition here?"

"If I did, I would of told them on the spot." Gage then thrusted a hand up and forward, a burst of fire hit Spencer's chest and sent him flying back and twisting around to land on his stomach on the floor.

"Think Hell has any doors? I'd love to push him in." Tess said.

"Guys...you're going to have to be more active with your powers, now. Tess, you started passive, Taylor, you started defensive, neither will work in this case. You both need to be offensive..." Gage frowned, wondering where the hell Trent was. "And where's Trent?!"

"Saturday detention for hitting on Mia." Tess stated.

Gage rolled his eyes, just as Spencer was getting up, laughing and turning around. "You burnt me...and tore my shirt." He turned around and looked at Gage.

"I can do a lot worse." Gage said.

Spencer shook his head. "Why don't you face it? The way, our way, is better?"

"Really? With all the crime and consequence? You give people free will and then throw all sorts of things onto the Earth to tempt them...just so you can punish them? Kind of cruel for beings who are supposed to be loved, says the book." Gage frowned.

"Kind of like God and Satan work together." Tess looked at Gage. "Funny when you read revelations how God just knows what's going to happen, how he just knows Satan's going to lose. Almost as if they planned it. Though why Satan would make a deal like that..." She looked at Spencer. "They aren't much different though."

"Well you stay...and die with the rest of your defying race." Spencer looked at Taylor. "Come on, you still have a chance. I wouldn't be giving you so many opportunities...but I feel you were given a fate...that you never wanted."

Taylor stared at Spencer and then suddenly ran forward and jumped up, spinning around to kick him in the face only to have Spencer quickly grab his ankle, spin around and swing with him, letting him go.

Taylor flew across the room and screamed out as his back crashed into the television, shattering the screen and he fell down, blood soaking his back from the cuts.

"I had high hopes." Spencer sighed and looked away.

"High hope this!" Tess jumped up onto the table and then lunged at him only for Spencer to catch her and then throw her over his head and she would land on her back, the breath being knocked out of her. Spencer looked down and slowly shook his head. "Pathetic..."

Tess closed her eyes and swung a leg, kicking Spencer's feet out from under him, as he started to fall back, Taylor jerked a hand forward and froze him since he wasn't paying enough attention to deflect it, that was when a ball of energy flew in through the door and hit Spencer while Gage threw a strong telekinetic blast of energy at Spencer.

Spencer unfroze and then screamed out as the energy ball hit him and then he flew backwards and hit the wall near the corner and fell to the floor. He looked up and then jerked an arm to the side, sending Trent flying into the wall.

Tess got up on her hands and knees and grinned as she dematerialized and those particles flew as fast as lightning, going out of sight only to appear behind Spencer as he stood up and she rematerialized and then wrapped one arm over his shoulder while the other pulled an arm behind his back, yanking so as to cause pain. She then reached up with her free hand and placed it on his forehead and began surging a migraine into his head, swelling his blood vessels.

Spencer screamed out, surprised by Tess as she attempted her little trick but he quickly spun around and threw her off and sent her sliding across the floor.

"Move back!" Taylor stood up and then took in a deep breath, balling his hands into tight fists before thrusting them forward in an attempt to blow Spencer up, as he said he would be able to. However against a more powerful being, the best he would get was a fire blast that sent him flying back against the wall again.

Trent looked up, blood dripping down the side of his head. "Damn it, Gage, do that thing you did!"

"It'll destroy my parents house!" Tess screamed.

"Use the fucking insurance!" Trent screamed and looked at Gage. "Do it!"

Gage stepped out of the kitchen and walked around in front of Taylor and stared at Spencer as he pushed away from the wall and found his footing again. "You know, we could make your life hell. They already know that you shouldn't be so young. You're just lucky that detail didn't come to Mr. Obama's attention. What a story that would make."

Spencer grinned. "You say that as if you think I am stuck with this look. In fact..." Spencer's eyes shifted to the side. "If it serves the greater purpose...of bringing the hybrids to our side, I think each life that needs to be taken would be worth the cost. They say you die eventually after you fulfill your purpose...and your purpose is decided by God and Jesus Christ." Spencer looked at Gage. "So...if it became someones purpose to move on, so I could replace them for the sake of this mission, I could become anyone and slip into the fold...again and again."

"That's sick, your kind are sick, the way you try to justify why you do what you do." Gage shook his head.

"Just take him out!" Trent screamed and scrambled up. "Between all of us...we can do it."

Spencer looked at Trent. "You do...and that chess move is a very dangerous one to play."

Gage grinned and then held out his hands, Taylor took one hand and Trent took the other, Tess taking Trent's hand.

"Well...we're moving." Gage closed his eyes, as did the rest.

The room then suddenly warped into a black void with which they still all stood in their given positions as a ball of fire began to erupt behind them, sparked with electric energy and filled with miniature explosions that multiplied quickly in numbers by twenties and then the speed of it would suddenly increase as the fire sped up and grew in side into a large ball of electric fire behind them.

Spencer's eyes widened and then closed as bright white light surrounded him, flowing forward before a tint of gold surrounded the edges of the light.

The four opened their eyes as the fire swirled around them, an unseen barrier protecting them all around as the fire rushed forth and met with the out stretch of white light as the two forces of energy fought against each other, clearly though, the fire was much stronger than some white light and only inched closer to Spencer.

"No!" Spencer screamed and then pushed wind into the light, strong wind which further started to push back the fire.

Tess grinned and started to absorb the oxygen that the wind provided which increased the fires strength and the force pushed further again until finally it over took Spencer and the entire space filled with fire before it cleared and they were back in the apartment again, no damage, aside from what was done before.

"That...was a kill." Tess let go of Trent's hand as Gage let go of Trent and Taylor's hand.

"Yeah, but I have a question...if Angel's exist...and God does...and Satan...doesn't that mean demons do too?" Trent asked.

"Of course." Gage turned around. "But you're not a force of good, well not in the scheme of things. We're the neutral party in all the entire matter. It's just that the holy...we have the conflict with because we essentially held that position to begin with. Evil shouldn't have an interest in us...unless they decide they want us on their side to...take out good."

Tess's eyebrows lifted. "Well...being that's what Spencer tried to do..."

"Uh...then we might have to worry about them." Gage nodded.

"As if the government wasn't enough." Tess laughed and shook her head and walked off, laying on the couch. "I didn't even have time to talk to a guy today! A fucking hot guy at that! And I had to lie about what I was doing! Though it made me want to make my lie come true given what lie I told! And I half expect Obama to be sending some people. The man acts scared...but I doubt my migraine will stop him. So long as we're kept a mile away."

"Relax, we have Gage now, and with what we just pulled off, we could defend ourselves, no problem. And we'll sleep in shifts. Besides, doesn't your parents have ADT?" Trent asked.

"ADT?" Tess lifted her head and laughed. "They're the government, they can make a locksmith make a key, they have people that can disarm ADT, in fact they probably own it or have some sort of authority over it. Or hell, all they have to do is order a judge to write a warrant and wave it at the camera! Besides..." She laid her head back. "They use snipers."

"They wouldn't kill us, if they wanted to, they would have, they had open fire on us at the white house. They could have took Tess out if they wanted. They could of murdered me, that man made it clear to me what they wanted us for." Taylor said.

"Yeah, but if we won't cooperate, they will go right to hostile and that will be it. They will never see us as just people." Trent frowned.

"Oh shit, they closed." Cole frowned, pulling up and parking his car.

"Sad five O'clockers...I hate them." Mia got out of the passenger seat. "Come on, and Felix? Bring that water bottle." She walked up to the door.

Cole followed Felix, pocketing his keys. "What are you doing, Mia?"

"It's a device." She pulled out a hard pink play-doh looking key.

Cole's eyebrows lifted.

Mia grinned. "Felix, give me the water."

Felix handed over the water and Mia poured the water on the pink key and then she sat the bottle down and began to smooth it out, taking out all the textures from the last time she used it. She then poured some more water on it and then waited. "Give it a second to half dry." She waved it around and then stuck it into the key hole of the door and pressed firmly before pulling it back out and now it had new grooves. She grinned. "Now I have a key to the Good Will."

Felix looked at it. "Is that like a 007 version of a skeleton key?"

"How does it not get stuck to the metal like gum?" Cole asked.

"Because, it's not a sticky substance, it simply folds to the contours and then hardens." Mia stuck the key back in and unlocked the door and opened it, walking inside.

"The camera is going to pick us up." Cole mumbled, following her, along with Felix.

"That's why we're stealing the tape they have in it now." Mia walked around and headed into their back room and saw the security room door ajar and kicked it open so they could walk inside.

"All the tapes are dated, how will we know which one?" Felix asked.

"It won't be dated, the original was probably given up, look for a copy." She turned around and handed them each a tissue. "No finger prints."

Cole walked to the VCR and ejected the current tape and pulled it out and stuffed it into the back waist band of his jeans, his black and gray flannel shirt covering it from how low it hung.

"I don't know where you would hide a secret tape like that." Felix said.

Mia looked up to see acoustic ceiling tiles and she noticed one tile was pushed off to the side as if someone had moved it and put something there. "Lift me up."

Cole grinned at Felix. "Maybe if you can...you'll make the squad..." He mouthed to him.

"Shut up." Felix mumbled. "Cole, help." He walked over and leaned down, cupping his hands together and Cole shook his head and did the same thing.

"Maybe I'll suggest you both to the team, very professional." Mia grinned and stepped one foot into Felix's hands. "Okay, once I step into Cole's hands...1,2,3...and lift." She then stepped up into Cole's hands.

Cole and Felix lifted at the count and they raised Mia up.

Mia moved the tile and reached in with a hand, feeling around and then her hand landed on a tape. She grasped it and then pulled it out and pulled the piece of tiled ceiling back, making it nice and neat. "And lower." Once the guys lowered her, she stepped down. "I got the tape..."

"Put it in." Felix said.

Mia walked to the VCR and put the tape in and hit play and they watched.

Taylor and Spencer walked up to the door and opened it, suddenly the U-haul appeared at the door and then Taylor jumped to the middle of the room, the new furniture disappeared and the old furniture took it's place, then Taylor appeared at the door again and then the U-haul disappeared just before all the people started moving again and Taylor and Spencer walked in, looked around briefly and then walked out.

"See! I told you!" Mia waved her hand at the screen.

Felix's eyes widened and he grinned. "Dude...the things he could do for us...if he doesn't fuck it up."

Cole stared at the screen. "So...I guess...it's safe...to say...it's possible that...Tess really did what you said she did?" Cole asked, a frown appeared. Freaked out? Yes but at the same time, rather devastated, he had liked Tess and had just recently decided to start approaching her.

"If only I had that on video." Mia pressed the eject button and grabbed the tape. "I'm taking this tape with me. Not like they are going to do anything with it, the government will kill them."

"And they won't kill you?" Cole asked.

"Not like I'm sending it to Entertainment Tonight. I just wanted it so I have evidence to prove who I do tell." Mia tucked the tape into her purse. "We should bounce."

"We gotta make friends with him." Felix stood up. "Mia, you got him to come to your massage place, you got a foot in the door. Come on, think of what we could do. I don't know why he glitched, maybe his...power fell off for a second, by now though? I'm sure he's got it down."

"You two have fun trying, I'm not compromising what I could have with Tess, powers or not." Cole slowly shook his head. "I would just love to understand, to know."

"And you will, my friend!" Felix walked out of the security room and followed Mia as Cole tailed the trio and they headed out of the store and Mia used her little key to lock the door back and grabbed Felix's bottle of water. "Here." She gave it to him and walked to the car, getting into the passenger seat.

Cole climbed into the driver seat and Felix jumped into the back and Cole drove off.

"We gotta go now! Where do they live?!" Felix asked.

"I think...Tess is keeping them in her basement." Mia made a face. "I don't know why, I mean they are new kids, they suddenly show up...and Tess has them hidden in her basement."

"Cole...go!" Felix pressured.

"Ugh...fine, but I'm parking a block down and you two can go and confront them and my name stays out of it. I have my eyes only on Tess...and that will go as it will. You can go hop on Taylor...or Trent...or which ever twin that was." Cole pulled along side the street, a block down. "Okay, I stop here."

"Fine." Mia climbed out with Felix and the two headed down the street.

Tess stood up, hearing a knock upstairs.

"Come to the door Tess! It's Mia and you know I won't leave!"

"What is that bitch doing here?" Tess walked out of the apartment and up the stairs and opened the exterior apartment door and looked around to her front porch. "Bitch! Over here!"

Mia turned around and walked down the steps with Felix in tow as she walked around to the drive way and down the small three step down and the short curved path to the door that Tess stood at. "The gang here? We want to see everyone."

Tess turned around. "Come in if you want." She walked down the stairs, Mia and Felix tracking right after her. "Taylor, your Massage Therapist is here!" She walked into the apartment and crossed her arms.

Gage put the bowls in the sink and Trent propped the mop in the corner after cleaning up the spilled Mac-n-Cheese and broken glass.

Mia walked in and grinned. "We got a copy of the tape."

Felix laughed. "Which one is Taylor?! Dude, we have to talk! We can pull some major shit!"

Taylor looked at Felix and walked over to him. "I'm Taylor, and what is it that you think we're going to be pulling together?"

"Money, drugs, we can get it all. Just pull your thing, don't mess it the hell up! And we're all good!" Felix said. "Come on, obviously they aren't bothering you anymore."

"Yeah, I managed to fix that." Taylor sighed. "And I'm not interested in being used."

"Oh, nah, I didn't mean it like that. Okay...maybe that's initially why I'm talking to you, but everyone has that thing that makes people attracted to them...then friendships form. Ya get it?" Felix smiled.

Tess walked over to Mia. "Okay, you're idiot friend is rambling, why are you here?"

Mia grinned and swung her purse around. "I want in on it...this gang. Like that Spencer guy." She looked around. "Where is he anyway?"

"Long story." Trent said and then his gaze darted towards Gage. "You don't think..."

Gage shook his head at Trent. "No...it couldn't happen. That's...well, her...is her." He mumbled and leaned against the kitchen opening frame, crossing his arms.

Tess rolled her eyes. "Fine, but it's not as fun as you might think it is. I'll guarantee you...that you will end up running the other way." She grinned.

"Yeah, I want in too." Felix said. "Look, Taylor, what are you, anyway? How do you do that?"

"Simple answer? Alien, no, we're not green midgets with bug eyes. Though we are half human, save for our friend, Gage over there." The hint of a smile appeared.

"And by the way, he'll be pissed at me for saying, because he does like you, a lot, more than crush level, Tessie, but Cole knows too. He parked a block down and stayed in the car because he wanted you guys to progress naturally."

Tess' eyes widened. "How did he react?"

Mia grinned. "Well, he has my story, he hasn't actually seen you in action, if he had, I think he would of been more shocked. Though he wants to know more about it, over all though, he just cares about you, the same as he did before he knew."

Trent then grabbed a napkin and walked in front of Felix and Mia and made the point of wiping the blood from the side of his head and around the edge of his forehead. "Like Tess said, you will both come to find, this isn't as fun as it might seem." He then brought the bloody tissue down and held it in such a way as to let them see it and then he turned and tossed it into a small trash can by the wall. "But welcome to the triangle."

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sorry that my reviews have been intermittent, but I wanted you to know that I am still loving the story.

 

All the Best,

R.B.

Link to comment
On 05/28/2014 03:40 AM, said:
Sorry that my reviews have been intermittent, but I wanted you to know that I am still loving the story.

 

All the Best,

R.B.

It's okay and thank you! I am glad that you are still enjoying it!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..