Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,575 Words
  • 1,663 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dragonborne - 14. Chapter 14

Levi braced himself against a tree catching his breath, his hands still tingling from clashing with Gillian and his sense still on high alert. Levi swung his spear having felt a presence nearby.

“Whoa, we are on the same side this time runt” Jin shouted barely avoiding the tip of the spear.

“What are you doing here? What happened to the two knights you were facing off against” Levi asked, relieved it wasn’t one of the knights.

“Calm down, I just felt something was right so I found an opening to come find you” Jin barely understood it himself, but he could somehow feel when the drake was in danger. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he lifted Levi to his feet with his tail placing his hand on the drake’s head. He took a moment to admire the attractive boy before him.

“Did you just think of me as attractive?” Levi asked in shock as he looked up at Jin

“What!?” Jin was caught off guard as he held the drake close, could Levi read his mind?

A cough in the distance caused the two to quickly break apart and stare at the ground.

“So good to see the two of you getting along, although I would think something of a life-or-death struggle might be the wrong time to start getting your rocks off” Sune laughed as he pointed at Jin whose state of arousal was becoming more apparent.

“What are you doing here, this was not how the plan was supposed to be executed. We were supposed to divide and overwhelm” Jin barked eagerly to get the attention off of him and this awkward situation.

“Change of plans, that knight was a bit craftier than expected and had a few unexpected tricks up his sleeve. Not only that but, I could feel Levi wasn’t in an ideal situation” Sune responded as he looked over Levi making sure he was uninjured.

“Wait can you both somehow sense my well-being? How is that possible?” Levi asked as he looked between them.

“Well, we don’t have the luxury of time for me to explain but long story short story our clan has watched over the royal family for generations. With our memories being sealed or whatever so too was this ability. Now why Jin seems to be able to sense your feelings to some degree when you are in danger that is not something I can explain” Sune smiled, he had an idea what the connection might be but it was something the two of them would have to realize on their own.

****   

Bastion, you look awful, are you alright,” Sage asked as he rushed over to Bastion who was laying out in front of him.

“Yeah, I am alright, we ran into the red and he was far stronger than I anticipated. He was a bad matchup for me and Gert was pretty much useless” Bastion nodded over towards Gert who lay unconscious a short distance away. “It’s time to implement our gamble, I am sure you can tell as well as I can.”

Sage nodded he was well aware that Gillian had released the weapon and they could only hope his target was able to deal with it. “How are we going to find them before Gillian, even with these crystals masking our presence we still are not able to pinpoint where they are” Sage questioned.

“During the commotion, I was able to mark the red but we are going to have to move fast. Once we release the seal on this Gillian will come running, our plan has to be ready before that can happen” Bastion gave Sage a quick kiss before he jumped to his feet. “Let's put an end to this, like I said before this time we are the ones moving the pieces on the board”

****   

“Merlin, we have to do something, we can’t let this trial continue” Thade whispered

“Now is not the time for us to act, we must trust in the young drakes for now. If we make a move there is no telling what the true mastermind behind all of this might do. There are too many wild cards in play the wrong move at the wrong time could have devastating effects on us all” Merlin returned his focus to the trial before them.

****   

Jin extended his arms blades as he looked around, he couldn’t see anything but someone was coming. “Sune take your position above Levi amongst the trees, remain hidden until I tell you otherwise. Levi, be on guard I have a feeling you are the target. I will hide on the opposite side, when we make our move, we will be able to strike from multiple angles cutting off their means to escape.”

Levi pulled himself together, while he had many questions now was not the time nor where his focus should be. He nodded at them both as he watched them disappear. Levi summoned his spear ready to strike when the enemy appeared before him. Levi was surprised but remained on guard when Bastion and Sage appeared from the shadows.

“We aren't going to attack I assure you, however, I would advise your allies to remain hidden for the time being” Bastion stated as he approached the drake.

Levi remained on guard as he watched the knight kneel on the ground before him as he performed a weapon summoned similarly to the dragonborne. “How were you able to do as we do, I have not” Levi’s words caught in his throat as Bastion revealed the weapon. “Why do you have that, where did you get that from” Levi questions as he felt a wave of anger build up inside him.

Sage looked on startled as the cyan drake standing before them appeared to grow in size with his wings spread wide and the teeth began to grow in length.

“Wait” Bastion shouted getting the drake's attention. “I have no intention of using this against you, I simply wish to return it to its proper owner” Bastion stated as he jammed the blade into the ground and walked away. Bastion’s blood ran cold when he felt a claw tighten around his neck, he looked behind him to find the red had silently approached them both and was gripping Sage in a similar manner.

Levi slowly approached the great blade embedded in the ground; his spear pulsed in his hand as he got closer. Of course, these weapons would resonate with each other, it was his father’s blade after all, but why had these knights had it? Levi stood before it but did not reach for it, he knew or rather he felt what he had to do. He held his hand out and beckoned Jin to him.

Jin released the knights and approached Levi, he looked down at the cyan drake as the sword between them pulsed while they locked eyes. Jin felt as though Levi was looking into his soul when the drake grabbed Jin’s face between his hands.

“I bequeath to you the sword of hope that has protected our kingdom for generations. Protect our home, protect our people, and protect your mate” Levi recited before he closed the distance and placed lips upon Jin’s.

The red wyvern’s mind exploded as it cycled through his memories and emotions. Finally, the image he longed to forget of the love he has lost, only this time the silhouette cleared, and standing in the burning debris was the cyan drake before him. His mate wasn’t lost. Jin pulled Levi into a tight embrace as their tailed entwined. “I thought I lost you, I thought I lost everything” Jin whispered as he broke their kiss and tears filled his eyes.

“Pick up your sword my king, you have a kingdom to protect” Levi whispered as he held Jin tighter.

Jin backed away from his mate and uncoupled the armor around his wrist revealing the bracelet beneath. “This was always meant for you, for years now this was the only thing keeping those faint memories alive.” Jin removed the trinket before secure it to his mate’s wrist. “I won’t let anything or anyone come between me and my mate ever again.” As Jin took hold of the hilt, he found himself enveloped by a calming strength before an image of the late king briefly appeared before him with a nod and smile. “Caliburn.”

Bastion crawled over to Sage making sure he was okay. “The first part of my gamble played out a little differently than I had anticipated” As Bastion spoke, they felt the air thicken and a crackle in the distance. “I am not complaining, she appears to be taking it about as well as I had thought”

Sage looked at Bastion in confusion. “She? Aren’t you referring to Gillian?”

Levi looked over at them both as Sune jumped down from above a smile plastered across his face. “No, she was the correct term. Morgana is not pleased that you two have ruined the plan.”

“Sune go get the twins, we must protect our people and assure there will be a home for them to remain in.” Jin commanded; his gaze focused on his mate.

“Like the ego on this wyvern wasn't big enough you go and snag the prince and become king in one fell swoop” Sune teased before bowing before the pair. “As you command your highness” Sune then responded, shifting to a more serious tone.

“I believe this trial has just begun, I feel it in every fiber of my being a darkness is unbounded and approaching” Levi stated as he squeezed his mate’s hand.

Copyright © 2019 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 10
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter, did not think that Jin was the King, thought it would be Levi. Great that the now know they are mates!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Some very interesting surprises in this chapter.  Sune and Jin's bond to Levi has the added feature of knowing what each other think as well as a sense of danger.  It took me a while to realise that Sune had chosen the spear to give to Levi, since Levi did not want to be king.  Also, Sune knows of the feelings of both boys for each other and therefore who is really Jin's lost lover.  Bastion and Sage have come through like real champions to deliver the sword to Levi.  Levi has made his own decision to bestow the sword on his lover Jin to make him king.  The battle is not finished since Morgana is now entering the battle.  I wonder if Thade and Merlin will enter the battle or remain as observers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Well, I wasn't expecting this turn.

Me either, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..