Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,231 Words
  • 1,425 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dragonborne - 15. Chapter 15

Gillian screamed in pain; he could feel his consciousness slipping as another presence began to impose its will. “Dear boy, do remember there was a price to pay for the power you were granted. Unfortunately, your so-called pawns seemed to have conspired against you and I cannot have them interfering in my plans.” Gillian dropped to his knees wildly swinging the large blade around.

“Get out of my head, I am the head of my house no demon will control me, I will not allow it.” He screamed.

“Demon? Stupid boy you insult me, I am no demon. I am Morgana destroyer of man and beast alike. You, my lovely boy, and this body now belong to me.” Gillian let out a piercing scream as his existence faded into darkness. “What a pitiful vessel, I will need to return my spirit to its proper place soon.” Wings shrouded in the darkness appeared on her back, taking hold of her trusted weapon she flew into the sky.

****  

“Morgana? Impossible I saw with my own eyes as the king cut her down.” Thade exclaimed as they bore witness to the events unfolding.

“Why the long faces everyone? An old friend has come home, this should be cause for celebration.” A hollow voice filled the arena as those in attendance attempted to locate its source.

“Navix?! What are you doing here and where have you been all of this time?” A councilman angrily spoke as a shadowed figure came into view.

“That old fool is no longer with us, the dutiful puppet played his part exceedingly well” the figure smiled as it continued to approach. “Merlin and Thade, is this how you greet a dear old friend upon his returned?”

“That voice, those mannerisms, it cannot be. I removed the daggers from your corpse myself. I buried your body; I mourned your death. How is it you are here before us?” Thade questioned his voice thick with emotion.

“Don’t believe everything you see with your eyes; besides one must always keep a few tricks up their sleeves.” The man stated.

“So, it seems the players have taken center stage at last. What are you after Mordred, I don’t expect this to be a social call and you appear to be in league with Morgana. What has become of your son, we could not find the young one anywhere.” Merlin questioned

“So many questions and yet there is no time to entertain any of this nonsense.” Modred raised his hand above his head as he casually blocked Thade’s blade. “How strange for the captain of the royal guard to lose his composure, or has the lack of a king to protect finally driven you to madness?”

Navix’s body become enveloped in tendrils are darkness as the form of a man slowly corroded away reforming into a large black dragon. Drakes all over the arena leaped into action to protect their home only to be swatted down like flies by the mighty beast before them. Streams of dark flames shot from Mordred as he attempted to scorch all those in attendance.

Merlin was able to shield the innocent and redirect the flames allowing for those without the will to face this darkness to flee. Several knights stood by his side with Hendrix as their leader. The gold dragon nodded towards the knights as he cast the flames away.

“There will be nothing left to rule if we let this monster continue its course rampage and destruction. I propose we set our difference aside and come together for the sake of our survival.”

“Thade get to the young master, ensure the next generation is safe from Morgana’s grasp.” Thade nodded at his old friend as Merlin warped him to the battlefield.

****  

“We don’t have much time; I am sure Morgana will be able to locate us sooner rather than later” Jin stated as Sune returned with the twins.

“If that knight is any stronger than he was when we tried to ambush him this does not look good even with us all working together.” Vincent shuddered as he remembered how closed to death they had been.

“Don’t count us out just yet, we had a few aces left to play after all” Sune winked at Bastion and Sage.

“I couldn’t think of a worse situation for us right now though. The knowledge of the knights and one of the most powerful dragonborne enchantresses to ever be written about” Bastion stated as he looked back at his new comrades in arms.

Levi released his mate’s hand before flying straight into the sky. The air around the drake began to crackle and vibrate as bolts of lightning began to surround him. Levi focused the energy in the palms of his hands and unleashed a focused beam of energy.

“He wields that level of power and knights thought they had a chance to stop him?” The copper twins looked on in awe.

Sune and Sage showered the blast zone with blades of water and light as Jin and Bastion dashed forward slashing the air releasing a shockwave of heat adding to the explosion.

Morgana slowly emerged from the flames unaffected by the preemptive strike from the drakes shrouded in a cloak of darkness created by her wings. “I see it would be a mistake to underestimate the young warriors.” She smiled before vanishing from sight.

The young warriors looked at one another as the sky turned black as the night. Jin looked up as his mate who was now surrounded by an intricate magic circle and nodded to Sune, they had to stall for time. Jin’s eyes turned a solid red before the wyvern shifted, only this time once his transformation was complete the others noticed his scales gave off a golden hue and his tail was lined with serrated spikes ending a blade.

Bastion and Sage jumped atop the water dragon as the wyvern led the charge. The power of her vessel was becoming unstable, knowing she needed to end this quickly Morgana discarded the human appearance as a great purple serpent formed from the darkness. She easily slithered between the claws of the dragons but let out a blood-piercing roar as Bastion and Sage impaled the beast with their blades. Keeping the momentum going Bastion released a blaze of energy from his blade still embedded within Morgana, as she roared in pain Jin gripped her within his claws a drove his bladed tail deep into her back.

Morgana let her pain fuel her rage as she coiled her body around her attackers, with her vessel failing her she decided to devour these children to fuel her return to power. Before she could strike, she found herself frozen in place as she was surrounded by pillars of light. The twins appeared outside the circle activating the runes previously placed by Levi, once activated the knights and drakes within the circle were transported out leaving Morgana behind. The pillars of light changed into orbs each taking on a different color.

Jin it’s time I can’t hold her in place for long you have to finish her now” Levi’s voice echoed in his mind. Jin shifted and raised Caliburn above his head, striking down on Morgana slicing her head clean off resulting in a tremendous shockwave. Levi caught his mate before he collapsed to the ground, overcome with relief his mate was safe in his arms.

The others watched in horror as countless blades flew through the air. Levi let out a cry of anguish as he was shielded and several blades lodged in the back of the dragon before him.

I don't usually do cliffhangers, but this is sort of where I needed to end it for the next part to flow (At least in my mind)
Copyright © 2019 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 6
  • Wow 7
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, so much deceit and deception. Has Morgana been vanquished by death or merely forced into an undesired transformation? Hopefully Thade will bring clarity in the aftermath of this entrapped battle the young had to endure. The Knights Bastian and Sage have become pivotal in this battle for the return of rightful reign; the underlying doubts in returning the sword evaporated into courage as they witnessed the transformation, then leapt into action against the legendary foe.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Awesome--a great battle--the young ones fought vailiantly and we are left with a unsettling uncertainty--It all happened so quickly

 

Are they seriously hurt by the blades ?  Is Morgana dead?  What happens next?

Edited by scrubber6620
  • Like 3
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, scrubber6620 said:

Awesome--a great battle--the young ones fought vailiantly and we are left with a unsettling uncertainty--It all happened so quickly

 

Are they seriously hurt by the blades ?  Is Morgana dead?  What happens next?

Normal swords no, but remember the knights typical wield weapons with magical enhancements and in the fight with Morgana she was fighting with a combination of her own magic and access to Gillians abilities as well....Morgana didn't have a lot of time she had to try and make it quick...stayed tuned for what's up next :)

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Humm...inquiring minds are muchly curious..next chapter pronto please and thanks, get those fingers pounding that keyboard!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Does cutting off Morgana's head really kill her?  I would hope so.  Jin is safe in Levi's embrace, the suddenly struck by several blades is just cruel.  Good cliffhanger.  Can't wait to read the next chapter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Does cutting off Morgana's head really kill her?  I would hope so.  Jin is safe in Levi's embrace, the suddenly struck by several blades is just cruel.  Good cliffhanger.  Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Too many confirmed dead coming back at one time. We can't be sure of anything.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..