Jump to content
    xTony
  • Author
  • 5,440 Words
  • 3,479 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Chosen - 14. Epiphanies

[Chapter 14]


After evaporating the chimera’s corpse, we gathered together and let Solaris teleport us all to Nathaniel’s mansion with his Sun Rise technique. We proceeded into the living room and I still hadn’t let go of Adam’s hand. It was all sweaty but I didn’t care. He died for goodness sake. I was feeling a little clingy. Adam’s head was snapping left and right so quickly I thought he was going to break his neck. After being in the dark for six years I could understand the need to take everything in.

We detransformed into our civilian forms and took a seat on the couch. Adam and I got the love seat. Killian and Ryan were left to sit on the couch. Ryan called out to Nathaniel and our advisor entered the living room with a quickness in his step. He stopped in the doorway and immediately his eyes landed on Adam.

Admerion?” he said in amazement.

“I go by Adam now, Nat’ahn.”

Wow. Looks like someone’s memories were better than mine. What else was new?

Nathaniel settled down in the armchair. He couldn't his eyes off Adam. “How much do you remember?”

Adam closed his eyes. “I’m not sure. When I see something I get echoes or images and feelings but nothing much. It’s like trying to remember a vivid dream. I do know my powers feel weaker, like when I was first awakened at eleven.”

“We all aren’t as strong as we used to be,” Ryan said. He pushed up his glasses with a finger. I loved it when he did that. It was so Clark Kent. “That will change with time. We think it’s a safety measure. So we don’t hurt our bodies with a sudden influx of so much power.”

Killian looked at Adam curiously. “I have a vague recollection of your powers. I can distinctly remember you were called Omega because you were close to...” here he frowned as he racked his brain to remember. “... the Omega Point.”

“I remember that too,” I added studying Adam, then cocked my head at Nathaniel. “What does that mean? What’s the Omega Point?”

Nathaniel had that look on his face. It was the expression he wore when he was pleased that we were getting along, doing something right, or asking the correct questions. I was betting this time it was caused by all of the above.

“Our people were very advanced compared to today’s humans. The Atlanteans believed we existed on an evolutionary path that would lead to what we termed the Omega Point. This is a time in our evolution when our race would become so evolved that we would know everything in the universe. Everything. There would be nothing that we couldn’t do. We would be beyond gods.”

I leaned forward eagerly. "Like the Q from Star Trek?"

Adam was nodding with a pensive expression. “I remember this. I used a higher portion of my brain than any other Atlantean.”

Sixty one percent if I remember right,” Nathaniel said. “Compared to the rest of the Atlanteans who used thirty percent.”

Ryan’s eyes widened and he straightened up excitedly. “But humans only use ten percent. The things our race must have accomplished! Are there any record in the logs-”

Someone was excited. Nathaniel shot him a fond look. “Easy there, Ryan. Always thirsting for knowledge. You can look through the logs if you have further questions.”

Ryan nodded like a puppy. It was adorable. I looked at Adam. “So what all can you do?”

“If I'm remembering it right my powers come from my advanced evolutionary development,” Adam spoke as if he had recited this a thousand times before. He probably had in our old lives. He scratched his head sheepishly. “I’m telekinetic and telepathic. I can heal others as well.”

Killian made a noise of surprise. “But you were flying like a freaking superhero or something! And you had that glowing sword too that was all lightsaber-ish.”

Adam shrugged. “It wasn’t really Superman flying. It was more Jean Grey flying. I used telekinesis.”

I sighed dreamily. Did he just mention a Marvel character and her powers in a conversation to explain a situation? Oh hell yes! He was definitely my soul mate. I was sure if someone was looking I probably had hearts in my eyes and drool forming at my lip and dripping down my chin. I tuned back into the conversation.

“The sword is bladeless,” Adam said.

Nathaniel chuckled. “It's nice to know some things are still the same. You called that sword Juramentospastor.”

“Oathkeeper,” I rattled off automatically. Where did that come from?

Adam smiled happily. He squeezed my hand. “That’s right. The sword is raw psionic energy formed into a coherent blade.”

"The focused totality of your psychic powers," Ryan murmured. He was looking away, eyes unreadable through his glasses, lost in a memory.

“Geez, what can he not do,” Killian muttered none too quietly.

I shot him a glare and prepared to retort. Adam beat me to it. He let out a long and rolling laugh. He shook his head and looked at Killian with a slight smile.

“You used to say that a lot I remember,” he said smiling. “It was something of a running joke between you and me.”

I blinked. Yeah. Somebody obviously remembered more than I did. I flexed my arm and was relieved that it was almost healed. My bruises were rapidly fading leaving a soreness that I knew would soon vanish as well.

“If we’re here and awakened,” Adam looked at our faces closely. “That means our seal is weakening. The chimera was always a favorite assault soldier for the Lords in Shadow to use.”

The pad of my thumb traced along the back of his hand. “I was awakened first and then Ryan, and Killian came third. The barrier hasn’t fully dropped. Only a few monsters have crossed over every week. Recently we’ve been encountering more powerful creatures.”

“Don’t forget about the army of demons we killed in the Ever After,” Killian pointed out.

Ryan was refocused on the present topic and he elaborated, “We think they’re preparing to invade. It’s good that you’ve been awakened. We’re going to need all the help we can get.”

Adam nodded with the observation, understanding perfectly. “An invasion sounds like their style."

I needed to talk to Adam. I stared at the others and mouthed get lost. Killian crossed his arms and folded his hands together, looking extremely comfortable. He watched me with a smirk and I sent him a hard look. Ryan rolled his eyes and tugged on Killian’s sleeve, pulling him up to his feet. He smiled at me sympathetically. Nathaniel sat in the armchair and I had to motion with my head and even make shooing motions. Somebody get this man a clue. He arched an eyebrow and finally left the room behind the others.

“I was wondering when we would get some alone time,” Adam admitted turning to me. He held me with that beautiful smile of his and it was enough to undo me.

“Tell me about it.” I sighed and looked at our entangled hands. I got a little choked up and blinked back tears and said quietly, “I was scared that you were dead. I didn’t want to lose you after just finding you.”

“You wouldn’t lose me that easily,” Adam ran his hand through my hair.

I felt locked under the spell of his hazel eyes. “It’s so strange that you can see now. Not that I’m not happy for you. But what are you going to tell people?”

“About getting my sight back?” He chuckled and shrugged like the thought hadn't even crossed his mind. I suppose it wasn't a worry in the grand scheme of things. “I'm not sure. I’ll just say I woke up and bingo I could see. People don’t look too hard into things that can’t be explained. I'm sure I'll go viral on social media for a few weeks. It'll die down when people move on to the next thing.”

Ain’t that the truth.

The thoughts I held back was rising now that we were alone. It had been months, months of waiting and wanting, finally my soul mate was here and our future was this wonderful scary thing. This was our time now and we could have this but I wasn’t sure if Adam wanted it anymore now that he knew the truth. What if he thought I was misleading him and my feelings were just an echo of Emrys’. It was a thought born of my own insecurities, but Adam was looking at me like a man lost at sea, and it was overwhelming.

I was afraid to look up and see his face. “So where do we go from here?”

I wasn’t sure how he was going to answer. I wanted him to take my hand and whisper to me all his hopes and dreams and promise me forever and say will you be mine. But wanting and knowing were two different things. I schooled my face so he didn’t see my hope and how desperately I wanted him. I couldn't take my heart being broken.

“I think. I hope, I mean,” Adam said. He trailed off. When I glanced up, there was this uncertain little tilt about the set of Adam’s mouth that told me I was not the only one who spent the last hour working this over in their head. “I hope we can start a relationship. I know we aren’t Admerion and Emrys anymore, but I have strong feelings for you. Feelings I really, really want to explore.”

It felt like an enormous weight was lifted off my shoulders. A sunny grin broke free on my face and I threw my arms around Adam. His laugh was a deep and delighted sound. His arms went around my waist and he pressed me tightly against him.

Adam smiled into my shoulder and said, muffled, “This is way better than my dreams.”

“A million times better,” I said. It was a childish and embarrassing thought but I wondered if he could feel how fast my heart was beating through my chest.

I wasn’t sure if I would ever stop smiling. I pressed my lips against Adam’s neck and snuggled into his chest. This was perfect. Adam wanted me even knowing about our complicated past lives. It was a great relief to know that Admerion and Adam hearts were both in the same place. It was a silly thing to doubt that he would suddenly change his feelings, but a part of me that was scared of things being too good to be true clouded my judgment. The nagging insecurity was quiet now and something better was in its place.

Adam eyes flicked to the mirror hanging on the wall. His entire faced opened in surprise and he stood up in a daze. I watched his trance like movements as he stood frozen before the mirror and just stared. I was totally expecting him to extend his arms and command “Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all”. I gazed suspiciously at the bowl of apples on the coffee table and snapped my head up when Adam shakily turned to me. His hazel eyes were wet and my heart lurched at the tears trailing down his cheeks.

“This is the first time I’ve seen my face in six years,” He turned back to the mirror and said softly, “I forgot what my eyes looked like.”

What must it feel like to look at your own image and wonder if it was really your face looking back at you? To go six years of seeing nothing but darkness was hard to imagine. I don’t know how I would manage. I stood up and wrapped my arms around him from behind. I rested my chin on his shoulder and breathed into his long brown hair that fell onto a wavy mess upon his shoulders. We met eyes in the mirror and I smiled at our reflection.

“Do you like what you see?” I asked gently.

Adam cracked a small smile. “I look like my dad.”

“He must have been quite a looker,” I laughed then grazed my nose against his cheek. “You’re gorgeous.”

Adam rolled his eyes and his reflection smirked teasingly at me. “You’re just trying to get into my pants.”

I shrugged and matched that smirk. “Not today.”

He turned and wrapped his arms around me. I let out a squeal as he swiftly picked me up, a peel of excited laughter escaping as he spun me around in his arms. He echoed the sound and his eyes were all scrunchy when he laughed. He stopped spinning me and I looked up at him in wonder. What had brought that on? Adam smiled widely at me and it looked bright against his permanently tanned skin. His dimples were out full force too. Man those things were just too cute.

“I can’t believe that you’re here,” Adam said amazed. He looked full to bursting with joy. “I can’t believe we’re all here. How great is it that we have a second chance?”

“Right now I think it’s pretty freaking wonderful.”

Adam leaned down and our foreheads touched. I always thought it sounded corny when people said they could get lost in someone’s eyes. Now I understood the expression intimately. Adam’s eyes were so captivating that I couldn’t help but stare. They were amber with flecks of green and brown. I knew when he got mad his eyes turned an intense green or when he was sad they reflected a light brown. I knew it like I knew the freckles on my hand.

“I’ve been wanting to do this since I first met you,” he said, eyes flickering down to my lips.

He bent down and I didn’t stop him. The kiss was everything advertised in my dreams. Full soft lips touched mine and I moaned at the heated weight. He licked into my mouth, tongue brushing against mine and his arms were around me, pressing me until I was flush against him. It felt like we kissed for hours but it was only moments. When he finally pulled away I couldn’t resist sighing dreamily. Adam was breathless and looked absolutely wrecked. And he was also staring at me like I was the best thing he’s ever seen.

I couldn’t help from being irresistibly charmed by it. “I hope it’s like that every time.”

We stayed like that staring into each other’s faces smiling. Adam grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me one more time.

“I’m so, so happy right now,” He told me when we broke apart.

Happiness felt a lot like flying. “Me too.”

I pulled him back to the couch and burrowed into his side. Now that Adam was here I was feeling like I was on top of the world. Like Jack in Titanic but really hoping I wouldn’t die at the end. This moment right now, me leaning against him with his fingers running through my hair, was better than any dream memory for me. I looked at the doorway as Killian peeked his head in.

“Is it safe to come in again?” Killian’s teasing voice broke the perfect moment. “I don’t want to trip over any busted condoms.”

I nodded knowingly. “Ah yes. You do associate a stigma with busted condoms. After all, you were spawned because of one.”

Killian shot me the finger and waved Ryan and Nathaniel in. They smiled matching teasing grins at us while they took their seats. It was the special, weird smile that people gave new couples. I personally assumed it meant a good fucking is in your future, but Kevin always shot that theory down. Some people.

“We can assume you two are together?” Nathaniel asked.

I nodded. “You bet’cha British accent we are.”

He rolled his eyes. “I take it that means yes. It’s wonderful that your love has survived after all this time.”

Ryan nodded in agreement. “It’s been about 15,000 years. That’s pretty incredible.”

Holy Prada. Fifteen millennia. I had never thought of it like that before. I snuck a glance at Adam and I could see he too was stunned with shock. Color us clueless.

“Can you tell us about our past selves?” Adam asked Nathaniel. “I’m really curious at how much we’ve all changed. I think I remember Apollo and Emrys being really good friends. Best friends I think. That still true?”

Silence.

It was that type of silence where the room just suddenly hushed. I looked at Adam and then my head swiveled to Killian. I didn’t know what to say. While I didn’t hate him as much as I used to, I begrudgingly was beginning to like him. I would never admit it for all the gold in a rapper’s mouth though. Killian caught my stare, and his contempt and barely disguised loathing reminded me that we would need a lot more time to work through our issues. I gave him a perfect go to hell smile. Nathaniel and Ryan squirmed in their seats. The silence was becoming uncomfortable.

Adam’s eyes went from person to person trying to work out what the big mystery was. “I guess I’m missing something?”

You can say that. “Let’s just say that you’ve missed quite a bit.” But I was kind of curious myself as to what our past selves were like. “So Nathaniel how about some story time. Have we changed much?”

He looked deep in thought. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked. I had forgotten how broody and sullen Nathaniel got when our past lives were mentioned. Being the only one to remember and actually comprehend how things happened can take its toll. I didn’t want to go all Inspector Gadget on his ass, but I was curious and he was the one with answers.

“I suppose you’re different and alike in many ways,” Nathaniel conceded. He looked at Ryan and said, “You, as Aurek, were quiet but you had this assertive and confident air about you. You were a strong person, inside and out. A brilliant strategist and a master at arms. You were always inventing new weapons and ways of defense against the enemy. It was widely known your best traits were your hard work ethic, loyalty, and friendship.”

“What about me?” Killian asked impatiently.

Nathaniel laughed at his eagerness. I wanted to vomit. “Well, Apollo was a real take charge guy. Impossible wasn’t in his vocabulary. There was always a problem for every solution. You were the definition of determined. And you had a temper!” Here he laughed and I silently thought, no fucking shit. “You and Emrys were always arguing but it was good natured. You were the best of friends. Apollo was the second Chosen awakened after Emrys. When you were brought to the Imperium Tower for training, you immediately latched on to each other.”

Adam looked at me. “Are you guys close this time around?”

I raised my eyebrow. “Is Katy Perry with short hair stable?”

He chuckled. “No way.”

“Then you have your answer,” Killian chimed in from the armchair.

Nathaniel quickly started talking again. Thanks for the subject change. Only thing Killian and I were really good for was an argument.

“Adam,” Nathaniel shook his head, a look of remembered exasperation on his face. “You were a handful. From the first moment, you saw Emrys you declared your love of him. There was no telling you any different. You frequently performed great acts of bravado and boldness to impress the prince. The feats you went to winning his hand were always gossiped about through the entire city. People were often in awe of you since you were closest to the Omega Point. You sometimes let it go to your head, but it never really changed you. Kind and compassionate were your best qualities. Qualities that eventually won Emrys’s heart.”

“Oh, is it my turn!” I shouted gleefully.

Nathaniel nodded. “Chad... you and Emrys are... very different.”

It was spoken too carefully as if he was thinking his words over to make them sound as nice as possible. It was the same tone people used when talking about Oprah. Real careful and too neutral, as if gauging the best way to spin a good light on her. Because really no one talks about Oprah and gets away with it. No one sane anyway. That woman could have you murdered and then run a heartfelt two hour special story about it, acting innocent as Dakota Fanning in a horror movie.

I frowned at my tangent thoughts. I wasn’t that bad. Was I? I would like to think that even though me and Emrys were different, I was a good different.

“I think you’re the person that Emrys always wanted to be,” Nathaniel mused aloud. “You’re carefree, bluntly honest, and emotional. Things he couldn’t allow himself to be. All Emrys ever wanted was to be normal. He was second in line for the throne. When he turned eleven he was given command of the Chosen and was responsible for heading the war against the darkness. It was a great weight to put on his shoulders. Even though Emrys wanted fewer responsibilities, he took control of his obligations and fulfilled his duties with a grace and determination that was often admired.”

I ducked my head feeling an odd ache in my heart. I knew he was telling the truth. That part of me that always urged me to have a good time was in agreement. I gripped Adam’s hand tightly and stared at Nathaniel seriously.

“When did we die? What age?”

The heartbreaking expression on Nathaniel’s face immediately made me want to take the question back. “You were all twenty two when Atlantis fell and that last battle took place.”

I flinched as an echo of screams sounded in my distant memories. “So many people died that day,” I whispered.

Adam ran his thumb idly over the knob of my wrist, a small I’m here gesture. "At least some people escaped to the shores. I remember that. What happened to them, Nathaniel?”

“Those that made it to the mainland found only harsh land and primitive humans. They had no hope of rebuilding their former civilization so they interbred with humans. They passed on a great many things. They laid the foundations for today’s civilization. They passed on ideas, language, and the genes for using magic.”

I blinked. “So the humans today that are like psychic or magical in any way are descendants of Atlanteans?”

The dark cloud on Nathaniel’s face lifted. “Correct.”

Wow. I was right. Go team me. I was tempted to pat myself on the back but I didn’t dare do so while Killian was in the same room. A biting comment would surely come from him, well unless I shoved a fireball up his ass. That made me grin. Adam looked around.

“I know this is probably late, but I don’t think we introduced ourselves. I’m Adam Caine by the way.”

We stilled in a surprise. He was right. I laughed first followed by Adam and then everyone else. It was too funny. There hadn’t been a hello or introduction. We had immediately clicked and got right into a deep discussion. It felt like we already knew each other. Which was true. I squeezed Adam’s hand.

“You already know me,” I winked at him.

Killian made a noise in his throat. “Someone get me a trash can. I want to hurl in it.”

Ryan affectionately rolled his eyes and smiled at Adam. “Ignore him. I’m Ryan Spencer.”

“Nathaniel Ruiz,” Nathaniel waved.

Killian gave him the cool head nod that jocks do. “Killian Morris.”

Adam squinted his eyes, “I know that name from somewhere.”

I patted his arm. “Killian’s a model. You’ve probably heard of him. He almost beat out Jared for the role of Subway’s weight loss mascot.”

“I think Gucci, Calvin Klein, and D&G are a little more upscale than Subway,” Killian gave me the evil eye. “But that little story was cute. And how do you know about Subway? It’s obvious you wouldn’t know fat free if it smacked you in the face.”

I narrowed my eyes. “Are you calling me fat?”

“If the snout fits porky,” he replied, turning his nose up at me.

“You go to hell,” I snapped. “You go to hell and you die.”

Nathaniel blew his breath out loudly. “Chad, you are not fat. And even if you were there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. And Killian no matter how shallow and self absorbed you pretend to be-”

Killian snorted and waved him off. “Hey, now. Don’t get me mixed up with him. I happen to be genuinely self absorbed and deeply shallow.”

I couldn’t agree more. “Since you’re so fucking high on yourself. How come you didn’t kill that chimera when you ran into it last night?”

Killian glared. “We wounded it pretty good and it vanished into the woods. We only just tracked it again tonight.” He then grinned darkly at me. “You would probably know that though if you were there last night. Wait, you were out at a thing you said, right?”

I narrowed my eyes. “You guys said it was fine. But if you need me to hold your hand in the future I’ll gladly chop yours off and then hold it for you.”

His eyes flared white. “Try it.”

Magic surged in response to my flaring emotions. I’m sure my own eyes shined with an eerie blue light. “When?”

“Wow,” Adam murmured looking between the two of us. “Are you two always like this?”

Ryan’s expression was tired and close to bored. “Always.”

Nathaniel cleared his throat to get our attention. “Chad, when Ryan and Killian told me of their troubles in getting ahold of you because of your phone, I came up with these.”

He waved his hand and the ring on his hand gave off a warm glow. I closed my eyes at the flash of light that appeared above the coffee table. I forgot that Nathaniel could do magic. He used it so rarely that it was easy to forget he was a wizard. In the light’s wake was a rectangular, silver box. Nathaniel flipped the top open and nestled on a raised cushion were five devices all in different colors. They were thin, flat and shiny.

Oooh Shiny...I immediately snatched up the blue one. Everyone looked at me. I blinked sheepishly at a snickering Adam. What? So I liked shiny things. I examined the object and frowned. What the Flying Dutchman.

“A cell phone?”

Nathaniel shook his head. “These aren’t just cell phones. I created these down in Command. They’re made with Atlantean technology. While they look like a cell phone you will find they have many more advanced features. They’re connected to the servers in the sub levels, so you can effectively communicate with me and each other anywhere in this solar system. Also, you can receive information from the mainframe and use it as a miniature computer like you would the systems downstairs.”

“Have you been watching Power Rangers?” I asked suspiciously.

Each cell phone was a different color. Ryan had a white one, Killian’s was in silver, Adam held a red device, and even Nathaniel had a black one. I was getting a real Zeo vibe.

Nathaniel just shook his head and replied confused, “I don’t know what that means. Is there something wrong with them?”

I shook my head hurriedly. “No. No. Nevermind.”

Adam snorted and leaned in close to my ear. “You’re such a dork.”

“Your dork so get used to it, Matt Murdock.”

“Mine,” he whispered softly, tickling my earlobe with his breath. “Always.”

I almost melted on the spot. I really had to stop swooning around him. If he knew the power he had over me that would so not be good. I mean Christmas was coming up in just a few days. He could get anything out of me by flashing those big hazel eyes.

A jolt went down my spine. Jinkies! Christmas was coming! Do I get him a present? I mentally slapped myself. Of course, I had to get Adam a gift. Oh man, this was heavy. I’ve never had a boyfriend over Christmas. I’ve never had a boyfriend period. I just had to take deep breaths now. I was saved from further panic and my increasingly erratic internal monologue by the telephone in the hall ringing.

“Anyone else thinks these are pretty cool?” Adam was punching random buttons on his phone like a preteen with a PS4 controller.

Ryan looked up from his. “I glanced at some of the features and they’re amazing. We can scan, track, and do a million other things with these things. It’s incredible.”

I always liked when Ryan got a new gadget or toy. His inner geek shined right out and he rambled and talked more than he usually did. It was so Willow like. If she were a real person and not just someone from Buffy then they would get along great.

Nathaniel walked back into the room. He took his seat and immediately we all could tell that there was something that he had to say. It was written all over his face.

“I just got off the phone with one of my contacts in England,” Nathaniel said. “They belong to the Fellowship of St. George.”

“Who are they?” Killian asked before anyone else.

“They’re a group dedicated to fighting the dark forces like us. They’re mainly wizards but some normal humans are members too. Think neighborhood watch but with magic and mini Uzi’s.”

That was heavy. I didn’t know groups like that existed. Well, people didn’t know we existed too. I wondered what the other paranormally inclined people did in the world. That sounded kind of cool. I had to remember to ask Nathaniel about that later.

“Recently I asked my contact for information about the Lords in Shadow. They have a lead on something. Something that can probably help in your fight,” Nathaniel said. He looked serious. This was important. “But I need to fly to London tomorrow and meet them. They wouldn’t tell me over the phone.”

“You’re leaving?” I asked quickly. “Who is going to do training, monster lookout, and all the nagging?”

He looked at me. “You are the leader. The command of the Chosen has always fallen to you.”

“The hell!” I said automatically and then paused as it sunk in. I was leader. Shit. “Oh, right. I guess so.” I looked at Ryan and Killian. “I hope you guys don’t give me any lip. I got me a man now. He’ll smack you in the mouth real good and make you get in line!”

Adam, bless his heart, went with it as if rehearsed. He crossed his arms, flexed his muscles, and scowled mock threateningly at them. If I didn’t know we were soul mates. I knew it now.

“Oh God,” Killian said looking horrified. “There’s two of them now. He’s got himself some backup.”

That sounded nice. I gazed up at Adam and his answering smile was tiny but warm and fond. He agreed wholeheartedly with that sentiment just as I did. I grinned and leaned up just as he leaned down. Our lips brushed, just a ghost of a kiss that made me blush. It was the first time I had ever kissed someone in front of other people. I was such a little virgin, thank you very much.

Adam slipped his arm around me and his hand rested on my hip. “He always has backup, Killian.”

“I don’t think we’ll have any problems while you’re gone, Nathaniel,” Ryan shook his head at our antics with a slight smile. “We got this.”

Nathaniel nodded. “I know you’ll do fine, Chad. Leading was always your strong suit.”

I saluted sharply. “If I need any help I’ll call them.”

“Them who?” Nathaniel asked slowly.

I rolled my eyes and grinned. “Fucking Ghostbusters. Who do you think?”

Everyone sighed or groaned. What? They couldn’t all be funny! I heard a quiet chortle and looked at Adam trying to smother his laughter. I smiled widely, proud. That’s my boy. At least someone thought it was funny. I kissed him on the cheek and he waggled his eyebrows. Ridiculous.

“I’m sure everything will go smoothly,” I said more to myself than anyone else.

Shit.

I just jinxed myself.

Copyright © 2018 xTony; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 15
  • Haha 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I swear to god if Chad says it's morphin time the next time they suit up I will lose my shit. Psionic blade? Like Psylocke?!?!? How freaking cool. Adam fits so perfectly with Chad!! I love this story!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Jinx indeed. Go smoothly...yeah, right. But let's hope the Chosen can head off the Ever Afters at whatever pass is left, or else humankind is in for a very nasty wake up one day. I'll settle for Killian and Chad learning to live and let live.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Despite their "normal" world hatred I'm sure Chad and Killian will have each other's backs when the battles/invasion begin for real.

 

I think Nathan going to London is going to put him in some sort of peril.

 

How is Kevin going to fit in now that Chad & Adam are going to be attached to each other 24/7?

 

Great chapter @xTony - looking forward to the next one.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Jesus Chad why not just lose your virginity in Camp Crystal Lake, say you'll be right back and go alone upstairs with a dying flashlight? I mean what could go wrong?

Damn.

Seriously I want Nathaniel to watch one of the shows on his flight and get addicted to just one. With a big "Ooohh!" When he realizes Chad's references.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 9/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I swear to god if Chad says it's morphin time the next time they suit up I will lose my shit. Psionic blade? Like Psylocke?!?!? How freaking cool. Adam fits so perfectly with Chad!! I love this story!

Yes! Pyslocke is my inspiration. 

 

I won't say if he won't say that.... it may or may not happen at some point.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:17 PM, chris191070 said:

Adam and Chad are perfect for each other. The four Chosen have been found, let the battle’s begin.

 

I'm glad you think so. I love them together. 

 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:17 PM, Parker Owens said:

Jinx indeed. Go smoothly...yeah, right. But let's hope the Chosen can head off the Ever Afters at whatever pass is left, or else humankind is in for a very nasty wake up one day. I'll settle for Killian and Chad learning to live and let live.

 

Chad may be in over his head or..... he might rise to the challenge! :)

 

On 9/14/2018 at 6:21 PM, mikedup said:

Brilliant chapter. It seems that the gang will be pretty powerful. The underworld better beware

 

You haven't seen anything yet! We're coming toward the climax soon.

 

20 hours ago, Howzat said:

Despite their "normal" world hatred I'm sure Chad and Killian will have each other's backs when the battles/invasion begin for real.

 

I think Nathan going to London is going to put him in some sort of peril.

 

How is Kevin going to fit in now that Chad & Adam are going to be attached to each other 24/7?

 

Great chapter @xTony - looking forward to the next one.

 

Awww you definitely understand their relationship. They know when exactly to put aside their differences.

 

The answer to the Kevin question is in the next chapter I just posted :)

 

18 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

Jesus Chad why not just lose your virginity in Camp Crystal Lake, say you'll be right back and go alone upstairs with a dying flashlight? I mean what could go wrong?

Damn.

Seriously I want Nathaniel to watch one of the shows on his flight and get addicted to just one. With a big "Ooohh!" When he realizes Chad's references.

 

 

 

Lmaoooooo yes what exactly could go wrong! 

 

That Nathaniel part is good! I like that. I might have to add that in for the imagery alone.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..