Jump to content
    xTony
  • Author
  • 5,004 Words
  • 4,690 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Chosen - 7. Geometry of Animosity

[Chapter 7]

The wind whipped around me as I stood under the starry night beneath a canopy of trees. I looked over at to my left and the Executioner stood in the shadow of a tall redwood with a finger against his lips, signaling me to keep silent. I nodded and took a slow breath to calm my heartbeat and tone down the heavy breathing.

“How much further is it?” a laughing, male voice echoed through the darkness.

Emerging from a gap in the trees was a young couple, mid twenties both with dark hair and designer clothes. I wondered idly if the man's jacket was from this year's Hugo Boss summer collection. Some people have their sports. I know my clothes. That’s just how I roll. The woman, her long hair falling down her back tugged on the man’s arm.

“It's not too much further, Bobby,” she promised. Her voice was light and sweet, almost cheerful.

Too cheerful.

Bobby laughed. “Lily, come on! We’ve been walking forever. You still haven’t told me what you want to show me out here. You know how I feel about the woods. You said it was something special?”

Lily stopped in the middle of a clearing, right in front of our hiding spots. She stared at the ground then looked up at Bobby through her eyelashes, a demure move. An act that radiated innocence and shyness. I praised her acting abilities. Somebody call the Academy Awards. Meryl Streep had competition.

“It is special,” Lily said, an odd smile tugging at her red lips. “Very special.”

Her whole body suddenly shifted. Her designer clothes morphed into a flowing, white gown that moved in an unfelt wind. Brown hair faded to a silver white and her eyes flashed gray, glowing and shining in the night like twin stars. They were ominous and chilling to behold. Her tan disappeared and skin turned chalk white, the color of marble.

“Li-li-ly?!” Bobby, half stuttered, half screamed in shock.

Lily grabbed Bobby’s hand and a sickening crunch was heard through the night. She crushed his bones as if they were dirt. His scream of pain echoed through the night as he fell to his knees.

Lily gazed down at Bobby, those gray eyes cold and detached. “I thought you liked it rough, Bobby. Time to play, lover.”

She opened her mouth and screamed.

A scream was the closest word to describe the maddening noise blaring through the woods. The sound crawled through my ears and echoed through my skull. I covered my ears in pain, but it did no good. The sound was in my head. It made my muscles spasm in pain and my joints lock up. The Executioner freed his Spirit Staff from subspace even as he struggled to remain standing. He launched it through the air like a spear catching Lily in her shoulder knocking her to the ground. And cutting off her sonic wail in the process.

Executioner stalked from his position behind the redwood. “We don’t take too kindly to Banshees around these parts,” he said to ‘Lily’, the Banshee.

“Sir, are you okay?” I asked, helping Bobby to his feet. I winced at the mangled mess of a hand. Blood leaked from his ears like tiny rivulets.

“I-I- What is she!” Bobby cried, his words pain filled and full of fear.

I gripped his shoulder making him look at me. “Sir, I need you to retrace your steps and get away from here. Can you do that?”

He nodded silently. The poor fellow was near shock but still had his wits about him.

I urged him to flee and he took off back in the direction he came. I knew he would be fine. Once he got over the sheer lunacy, he would find the authorities. They would bandage him up and see to it that he was looked after. Whether or not they believed him when he told them the truth is another matter.

She looked us over curiously rising to her feet. “Two Chosen. Many a year since the likes of you banished us.”

I buffed my nails and gave her a smart wink. “What can I say. Humans: 1. Stupid preternatural creatures: 0. We kicked your asses. So rightfully so, pick the hem of your dress up and take your ass back to the Ever After.”

I gave her kudos. The banshee put up one hell of a fight. But we had been training and fighting other barrier crosses from the Ever After for almost two months now. We were a great team. A dynamic duo, if you will. In the two months since Ryan had come into his powers, we had faced over a dozen other enemies that had crossed into our world. It may seem like they only come out at night, but I assure you they crossover in the day as well.

Let me tell you, it was a bitch having to come up with a decent lie to tell my mother why I ditched school. It wasn't like I could reveal a trio of trickster spirits was terrorizing a church and Ryan and I had to go and exorcise them. Wouldn’t go over well. Seriously.

Less than an hour later, we were breathing hard but banshee free. Executioner smiled at me helping me up from the ground. That bitch had pimp slapped me like I owed her money. Which was so not the case.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Chad. Bansheera interrupted my homework,” Ryan said, smiling at his little joke. "My research paper for English is calling my name.”

I slapped him a five. “Definitely catch you at lunch, Ry.”

He grinned and he flew into the air. Fly was the wrong word for it. One second he was there and the next, he was whoosh. Gone. He couldn’t fly but Ryan sure could jump that was for damn sure. It was like he had a permanent leap of faith spell, but better, attuned to his legs. I guess that was a perk of being the Champion of Soul. Having an enhanced spirit made him a regular Superboy. I witnessed him meet me on the other side of the side in less than ten minutes before. Leaping tall buildings in a single bound indeed.

I incanted the leap of faith spell upon myself and leaped from the forest in two bounds. Look out Ryan you may have some competition. When I got home thankfully no one was awake, so I didn’t have to tip toe around the house like some kind of cat burglar. I willed away my suit and went into the house going up straight to my room. I let out a contented sigh when my head finally nestled into the pillow as if it were some a long lost lover. I closed my eyes and instantly sleep was upon me.

“You shall be the death of us!”

I was dreaming again.

I found myself turning to the voice of my accuser. It was a young man, but as with all dreams of my past life, his face was blurred from sight.

“You are being absurd,” were the words that tumbled from my mouth. “If I recall your strategy was outvoted!”

I didn’t know who this guy was. But I had the feeling that the current argument, more like past argument, was not an uncommon occurrence. The man crossed his arms, spun on his heel and turned his back to me with a scowl on his face. I mirrored his actions turning my back to him as well.

Quiet laughter came from the archway to the crystal chamber. Entering into the ornate room were two men. One was Ryan, his previous incarnation. He was older and actually quite the looker. The other man, even with his face covered in mist, was known to me. It was Admerion. I knew him with every fiber of my being. My heart actually stuttered when he smiled at me.

“Are you two fighting once again?" Admerion asked, shaking his head in mock disappointment.

Ryan chuckled. “We could hear you all the way from the citadel.”

“He started it!” We both said at once. We glared at each other and as one turned our backs again.

"Will you two act like men of your status," Nat'ahn chided, entering the chamber.

He looked like he did in the future except the flowing, tan colored robes were new. Those green eyes even in the dream had the power to scold with a look and make me feel guilty. He glared at the both of us and we hung our heads.

"You were chosen by They Above All not to fight pettily amongst your own but to protect, teach, and lead the people," Nathaniel said quietly.

The quiet voice was just the trick. I felt properly scolded so I turned and stuck out my hand.

"Apollo, I'm sorry," I said and meant it.

Apollo grasped my hand. "And I'm sorry too," he replied, smiling. Under his breath, he whispered, "Sorry that your plan is supremely foolish."

My jaw clenched and power poured into my palm.

He smirked, winked, and darted from the chamber just as I screamed, "FIREBALL!"

My eyes snapped awake as a buzzing filled my head jerking me from sleep. I sat up in bed feeling disoriented and confused. Then I remembered where I was. I was in my room and that was a dream. Damn. That was an intense one. I could still feel the irritation swirling in my gut. Apollo. That was his name. Another Chosen. I frowned.

"I hope he's still not an asshole in this life," I muttered to myself, sliding off the bed.

I wondered what his power was. We already had the super soldier and the magic wunderkind. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. My hair stuck up in all directions and my eyes looked tired and glazed over with sleep. I contemplated grabbing my phone to lip sync the I woke up like this verse from Flawless for a cute Snapchat story.

The bathroom door suddenly flew open. "FREEZE! CENTENNIAL POLICE DEPARTMENT!"

"Holy fuck!" I screamed, backing up.

Somehow I tripped over my own foot and fell landing hard on my ass. My toothbrush clattered on the tiled floor near my head. I blinked up at the ceiling wondering when the room would stop spinning. Kevin's sheepish face appeared in my line of sight, smiling apologetically. He rubbed the back of his neck. A gesture he often did when he was embarrassed or sorry. He better be sorry. The bastard.

"You scared the fuck out of me, you cumwad." I glared, climbing to my feet.

Kevin winced. "In my defense, how am I supposed to know you were going to spaz out and fall like that?" He looked at me with his nose turned up. "Therefore this is your fault more than mine."

My jaw dropped. "What?"

Kevin nodded, his expression serious. "I know its hard to believe that you would blame me. It is. But in time it will all be clear."

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I cracked. I laughed and a moment later, Kevin couldn't hold his serious façade any longer and he joined me in my laughter fit.

"Come on!" Kevin laughed. "It wasn't that funny."

"You being serious is that funny."

"Oh hardy, har, har," Kevin playfully sneered at me. "I'll be downstairs. Your mom made breakfast before she went to work. Hurry up, ass clown. I want to get to school sometime this century."

I flicked him off as he wandered out of the bathroom skipping like a fucking schoolgirl. I rolled my eyes grinning. I scooped my toothbrush from the floor. Ew. I sped up my efforts getting ready. After taming my hair into some semblance of order, I threw on a pair of faded blue jeans, a white shirt and over that went a red hoodie. White Converse went with the rest of my outfit.

Clothes-check. Backpack-check. Wallet-check. Keys-where in the hell did I put them? I was a whirlwind as I tore through my room checking every nook and cranny. Damn. I really should have a designated spot for my keys. Finding them in the morning was always a bitch.

"This is taking too long," I muttered. Unless...

"Let the unseen be seen.
What is lost be found."

There was a rattling noise and the tin trashcan next to my bed fell over. My keys soared through the air and landed in the open palm of my hand. I gave myself a pat on the back. I almost didn't think that would work. It wasn't the first spell I made up on the spot but I was never sure when it came to magic. I don't care how Chosen I am, all this power at my fingertips made me a little nervous sometimes. Well, more than a little, a lot of nervous. A lot of people pissed me off all the time. One fireball and... no. See, this was why this much power made me nervous.

I made my way downstairs. Morgan shoulder checked me as she came out of the kitchen. I reared back and threw my backpack. It clipped the back of her knees and she went stumbling into the wall.

"Next time I take off your head," I said, smiling darkly.

Morgan sneered. "If your gay ass can even hit it. It's a known fact how your people suck at anything athletic."

"But your head is so big. How could I possibly miss?" I asked with intense confusion.

The sound of a school bus pulling onto our street outside drowned her retort. I smirked at her and she growled in frustration. I gave a little wave as she slung her bag and purse over her shoulder and sprinted from the house to make the bus. The sound of the front door slamming shut was like music to my ears. The little homophobic princess finally was out of my hair for a good nine hours. I could do a jig. And I did.

Kevin poked his head out of the kitchen. "Were you and the sister fighting again?"

I nodded. "You know how she gets."

"Still confused about the gay factor?" he asked, chewing on a pop tart.

I rolled my eyes, annoyance creeping down my spine. "Yeah, she still doesn't understand why I would `choose such a disgusting lifestyle'. I really don't get her. Mom has been great about it. But Morgan has been the worlds biggest-" I trailed off trying to think of an appropriate word that would describe Satan's top general.

"Bitch," Kevin chimed in.

I chuckled. "Took the word right out of my mouth."

 

"And today we will be learning about safe sex and STI's."

This statement from Mr. Sellers left the entire second period Health class either snickering or groaning loudly. I was one of those who snickered. I never said I was very mature. Mr. Sellers went to the board and quickly wrote across it then loudly slammed the marker down. Written on the board, in all caps was:

SEX + NO PROTECTION = DEATH

Next to the word death was a crude drawing of a stick figure covered in a pool of blood with an arrow pointing at it and next to the arrow was the words, YOU/20 years old.

I blinked.

Mr. Sellers gazed around, his stoic face cold and challenging. "Any questions?"

I blinked again. I checked the room and judging by the frozen bodies with dropped jaws it was safe to say that no one wanted to ask a question.

"My cousin got Chlamydia when she was your age," Mr. Sellers began to the total silence of the classroom. "She didn't know where-"

I gulped feeling a gnawing sense of awkwardness settling like a rock in my stomach. It didn't fade but grew in intensity as Mr. Sellers proceeded to tell us about every known sexually transmitted disease. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have a story that went with each disease. I almost lost my breakfast hearing how an entire hospital staff, including the doctors, contracted syphilis.

When the bell rang there was a stampede out of the door that could be compared to the one that killed Mufasa in The Lion King. I fetched my biology textbook from my locker on the way to the next class. AP Biology was a real pain but it looked good on a college resume, which pretty much sold it for me. Otherwise, I would be taking chemistry with Kevin.

"Hey Chad," Ryan said, coming up beside my open locker door.

"Hey. You finish that paper?"

He snorted. "This morning. Didn't have the energy to get much done last night after you know what."

I did know what. The banshee. "I hear you. I was pretty beat when I made it home."

"You remember Nathaniel wants us to patrol the north side of the city tonight, right?" Ryan whispered. He leaned in close to make sure that nobody could overhear.

Our everyday training session had been pushed back to once a week and patrolling had taken its place. Ever After creatures were always coming through and it was up to us to stop them before they could go too far. Hence the night patrols.

"How could I forget?" I put on my most stern face. "'Now Chad, this is important. You two will have to patrol the north side tomorrow. Chad? Chad, are you listening!'"

We both shared a laugh. It was funny...because it's true.

The bell rang and we both said quick goodbyes before we dashed to our next class. I stopped at my biology classroom and was greeted by the sight of a closed door. I frowned at the sign taped to the door.

"Go straight to the auditorium," I read aloud, as some of my classmates gathered around.

We looked at each other in confusion. This was new. As a group, we made our way to the auditorium. We were really curious to find out what was up so we didn't delay. Our class was small with only twelve students. As we trailed into the auditorium, we noticed that there were other kids there. Maybe thirty other kids, all sophomores like us. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

"Long time, no see," Ryan said an easy grin.

I grinned right back. "Do you know what's going on?"

He shook his head as we took seats near the front with everyone else. "I have no clue."

"Hello everybody, welcome!" said Mr. Roberts, my biology teacher.

We gave mumbled half hearted responses all of us too busy wondering what the deal was. I recognized Ms. McCoy and Mr. Sheppard, other AP teachers, standing behind Mr. Roberts.

"I know you're all wondering why you're here," Mr. Roberts began, speaking loudly from his position on stage. "In just three and a half weeks all AP biology classes, that's you all gathered here, will be going on a field trip."

The magic words.

Field trip.

Excited chattering broke out but not as loud as the thunderous cheering and applause. I was probably one of the loudest. When one got out of school but still got credited as being there, it was worth a spectacular show of cheer.

"Alright, let's settle down now folks," Mr. Roberts chuckled. "All three AP biology classes will be going together to the Black Creek WildlifePreserve. Sorry to get your hopes up but there will be some work involved."

We groaned but it was good natured. No one cared about the work we had to do. The trip from school overshadowed any thought of work. We listened attentively as Mr. Roberts explained the project.

"You will each be assigned an animal living in the preserve. Since there are not enough animals for you each to have, you'll have to work in pairs," Mr. Roberts held up his hand to silence the immediate questions people began shouting. "I know what you're about to ask. Pairs have already been assigned. You'll be tasked to write a twelve page paper that will be a shared grade between the pairs. The papers will be about what you know about your animal beforehand, observations after viewing your animal at the preserve and your thoughts post observation."

Mr. Roberts began answering questions so I took the chance to turn my attention away. I turned to Ryan, smiling. "You think we might end up being partners?"

Ryan nodded eagerly. "It's possible."

"Ryan Spencer and Matthew O'Malley – Ruffed Lemurs."

We shared a disappointed smile. There goes that plan. Crossing my fingers I hoped that I got paired with a cute guy. Eye candy is nice to pass the time I always say. Well not always. Just now.

"Chad Summers and..."

I sat up listening sharply for the name of my partner. Big money... big money... big money...

"...Killian Morris - Bengal Tigers."

"I OBJECT!"

I shot out of my seat and two rows up, unnoticed by me until now, Killian did the same. Mr. Roberts stared over his glasses at us with a hard look.

"Mr. Roberts, sir," Killian said in a hard but respectful tone. "I can work with anyone but Chad Summers. I need another partner. Now."

I gave Mr. Roberts my most sincere smile but it was strained around the edges and everyone could tell it was forced. "Mr. Roberts you must excuse Killian. He's on his period. What he meant to ask was may we please, kindly, change partners. It's like an angel and a demon working together. It just won't work."

Mr. Roberts turned to the other teachers and they traded a look between them. That look had a meaning that I couldn't decipher. I really didn't want to. I had a feeling that it would not be in my favor.

"Partners will not be switched," Mr. Roberts said sternly, his voice turning frosty as each syllable left his mouth. "Now I advise the both the both of you to. Sit. Down."

I plopped down in the seat and crossed my arms unwilling to wipe the fierce scowl from my face. My eyes met Killian's who hadn't stopped glaring at me. I shot him the finger and his green eyes burned with contempt. It put a smile on my face.

"I hate him so much," I muttered, clenching tightly on the armrest.

Ryan tapped my arm. "Chad look!"

I followed his gaze and gasped. Sparks of blue light jumped from fingertip to fingertip, growing more intense with my anger. I quickly shook my hand dispelling the energy. I calmed my anger putting a stopper on the feelings raging deep in my chest. I had to get a grip on my emotions. Peter Parker wasn't just being all dark and emo with his with great power comes great responsibility I could personally attest to that.

"Wow Chad," Ryan whispered. "You really hate him don't you?"

I gave him a look. "Do cats have a hidden agenda to rule us all?"

Ryan raised his eyebrows. "Knowing you I think the answer is yes."

"Bingo. Listen, have you ever woken up next to someone after a one night stand, and the person next to you is so physically repulsive you gladly would gnaw off your own arm than wake them up?" I held up a finger for a dramatic pause. "That's how I feel about Killian."

Ryan squinted at me. "I thought that was Coyote Ugly. And what sense does that even make?"

I waved him off. "Those are mere technicalities that I don't concern myself with. The point is I hate him and he hates me." I dropped my head in my hands. "This is going to be the worst field trip ever."

 

"Ummm... Chad are you okay dude?"

I lifted my head to look across the lunch table at Liam. I gave him an attempt of a smile. It was bright but empty as a light bulb. I could see everybody at the table glance at each other in bewilderment. Ashley's long black hair whipped around as she snapped her head to stare at Killian, who was in a similar mood.

"Can someone please tell me when Killian and Chad started to sync up on their periods?" Ashley asked.

Kim snorted. "I have some tampons if you guys..." She trailed off at the twin glares aimed at her.

Kevin scrutinized us with his calculating hazel eyes. "I think a common something is upsetting them. Notice how they both haven't responded to the usual taunts."

"You may have a point," Matt said, filming the entire thing for his weekly Instagram story upload.

Ryan cleared his throat and all heads at the table turned to him. "I know why..." He blushed heavily, not used to all the attention on him. He wasn't quite as shy as he was months ago, but he still easily flushed under so many gazes. I think it was a self confidence thing. "Today we had a meeting for all three AP biology classes..." He adjusted his glasses, a nervous habit he did all the time.

"Ryan it isn't any of their business," Killian said, speaking for the first time.

Ryan looked down at the table, blushing heavily. Kim glared at Killian giving him the most intimidating stare I have ever seen from her. She turned to Ryan and delivered a full cheerleader smile. That smile that could probably make any jock or band nerd jump through hoops.

"You go on, Ryan," Kim urged. "We want to hear what's the what."

Liam nodded, eyes twinkling in Killian's direction. No doubt amused at the silent scolding he just received. I was amused but there was no way I was going to show it. I glanced at Kevin and he was giving me the eye. It was a look that said explain but without having to say anything at all.

I sighed. "Fine! I'll tell you bitches since you all want to know." I rolled my eyes and gave Ryan a small smile to show that I wasn't really mad. "AP bio kids are going on a field trip soon. We got partnered up. I wanted Ryan. But I got Killian. End of story."

"End of story?" Kevin demanded incredulously. "End of story! The apocalypse is on the horizon and you say end of story!"

Matt gulped. "And the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light..." He trailed off at the look I was leveling him with.

"I think they can make it through one project without bloodshed," Ashley spoke up. Her tone, however, made it sound as if she was trying to convince herself of the fact more than any of us.

"Are you guys going to stop talking about us like we aren't at the table?" I asked sarcastically.

They looked at one another then immediately busted into laughter.

Of course not.

I picked at the chicken fried steak on my tray and glared. It took almost two minutes for them to wipe the tears from their eyes and rein in their laughter. It wasn't that funny. Honestly, could these people be any more immature... I think I was once called the king of immaturity but that is beside the point!

"Why did you have to be in AP biology?" Killian muttered. "It's for smart people anyway."

I probably wouldn't have heard his comment if right at the particular moment our table wasn't dead quiet.

I almost threw my fork at him. "You know what, Killian. Fuck you! Fuck you long and hard! And fuck the fuck you rode in on! And fuck the busted condom that spawned you!"

"Go to hell!" Killian fired back.

"You first!" I snarled.

Killian clenched the edge of the table, his knuckles turning white. "I just want to get this project over with quickly."

"Me too," I replied evenly. "I suggest we start as soon as possible. The sooner we finish, the sooner we won't have to be in each other's company. Just do your part. My grade is on the line."

Killian sneered. "It's my grade too, you fucking moron."

"Excuse me for trying to think of a way to get through our project without coming to blows."

Killian rolled his eyes. "That's your first problem. Thinking."

Kevin slammed his hand down on the table making us all jump. His hazel eyes were cold as they bored into the both of us. I could see his jaw clench and I winced. Kevin only clenched his jaw when he was seriously annoyed.

"Will you just stop it," Kevin ordered tiredly. "We get it. You hate each other. The rest of us just want to get through lunch in peace."

I nodded. I felt guilty for upsetting Kevin. I knew he hated it when his friends fought. I sucked up my pride and turned to Killian. I looked him in the eyes and took a breath. This was harder than I thought. Those green eyes made me want to take a pen and poke them right out. I also had an urge to rip out his strawberry blond hair and sell it to cancer patients, but I digress.

"Killian, I'm sorry," I said with as much sincerity as I could. Which was not a lot.

Killian smiled and my eyes narrowed. I knew a go to hell smile when I saw one. Hell I invited it. "I'm sorry too, Chad." He paused then smirked at me. "Sorry, your ideas are always so stupid."

I opened my mouth to retort but an overwhelming sense of déjà vu swept over me. I swallowed as my mind tried to connect this event with a similar memory but I couldn't link the thoughts. Whatever the memory was it was hovering just out of reach.

I looked at Killian and I had the oddest feeling.

Friendship?

Copyright © 2018 xTony; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh My Goddess! Killian is Apollo and Kevin has Hazel eyes...like Admerion! That would be awesome e.g. he wouldn't have to keep keeping secrets from his best Friend, etc :)

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Apollo...the bitching will become the weapon that causes the monsters to kill themselves out of annoyance.

"Oh god they started, I'm out I can't handle the stupidity of it all."

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 9/8/2018 at 1:19 AM, mikedup said:

Great chapter. I wonder if Kilian is also a chosen one?

 

You can find the answer to that in the next chapter I just posted :)

 

On 9/8/2018 at 1:29 AM, Buz said:

Oh My Goddess! Killian is Apollo and Kevin has Hazel eyes...like Admerion! That would be awesome e.g. he wouldn't have to keep keeping secrets from his best Friend, etc :)

 

 

Well well well that would be quite the plot twist!

 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:56 AM, chris191070 said:

Great Chapter.It would be so good if Killian was a chosen one.

 

Just posted up the next chapter. You'll find your answer!

 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:05 AM, Howzat said:

Mmm - I may have to go buy a hat!

 

Great chapter @xTony.

 

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:13 AM, Hellsheild said:

Apollo...the bitching will become the weapon that causes the monsters to kill themselves out of annoyance.

"Oh god they started, I'm out I can't handle the stupidity of it all."

 

A force that could power the entire electric grid of America.

 

20 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Sonuva bitch killian is apollo!

 

Dum dum dum!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What they all said above: I was suspecting that Killian was a Chosen even before the dream of Apollo. The earlier comment of Nathaniel about souls tending to “travel together” plus the whole frenemy internal monologue that Chad had was too hard to ignore. Then, after the dream, the frenemy-bitch had a name: Apollo. Something tells me that they are going to learn more about each other than about Bengal tigers on this field trip.

 

Now Kevin being Admirion is intriguing although being straight in this reincarnation could make for some challenges. Time will tell us... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dr. John NYC said:

What they all said above: I was suspecting that Killian was a Chosen even before the dream of Apollo. The earlier comment of Nathaniel about souls tending to “travel together” plus the whole frenemy internal monologue that Chad had was too hard to ignore. Then, after the dream, the frenemy-bitch had a name: Apollo. Something tells me that they are going to learn more about each other than about Bengal tigers on this field trip.

 

Now Kevin being Admirion is intriguing although being straight in this reincarnation could make for some challenges. Time will tell us... 

 

You definitely nailed it with the guess! The clues were definitely there to figure out Apollo. I'm glad you picked up on that. I hope you like the reveal of Admerion when the time comes! :)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Where was I when this chapter posted? Busy...augh!

 

Haha! I've been updating fast! :)

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..