Jump to content
    Yanks13
  • Author
  • 898 Words
  • 2,672 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Parallels - 11. Epilogue

Epilogue

 

 

 

“So… you’re finally the same age as me. How does it feel?”

“Shane…” I couldn’t help but blush a little. Even with not being about to see him for about a month, he still managed to make me fell giddy inside. I was surprised that Chris had arranged for him and his brother Ian to fly out for my party. Aaron nearly lost it when Ian walked through the door and I did too when I saw Shane.

My best friend punched my shoulder. “Stop acting so gay for like a second… please!” He laughed. “Makes it hard to tease you sometimes.”

“You liar. You love to see me blush,” I countered. “Weren’t you the one that locked me outside in my backyard that one night a few years ago? You know, in just my boxers?”

“Oh yeah,” he said while his laugh deepened. “That was a great sleepover.”

“For you maybe!” I said as I bumped my shoulder into his. “I mean… if you wanted to see my body, all you had to do was ask you know. I mean, you know how I feel about you man.”

“Right,” he said with a roll of his eyes. “I so want to jump your bone right now.”

“Happy birthday Theo,” Ian said with my brother hot on his heels. “Where’s Chris at? I need to make sure to thank him for letting me come with Shane.”

“I’d have been so pissed to see Shane without Ian,” Aaron said with a straight face. He looked to my friend. “I probably would’ve decked you for it.”

Shane held up his hands. “Hey, it wasn’t my idea in the first place to come out this way! So you’d be punching Chris, not me.”

“Whatever, I’m here anyway,” Ian said. He shivered a bit. “How can you guys stand the cold? It’s freezing here!”

“You kinda get used to it, just like the dry heat of SoCal.” I sighed. “Though, I do wish I was back there some of the times.”

“So do I,” Aaron sighed. “C’mon Ian… you wanna go outside and have a real snowball fight?” The two started to run off.

“Only if I can wear like three of your sweatshirts!” I heard Ian as he faded away. Before Shane and I could resume talking, Chris came over. He had his best friend Chad with him, along with Karen.

“Hey, little man. Happy b-day dude!” Chad said with a rather harsh slap to my back.

“Thanks Chad. Glad you could come out too.”

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” He leaned in closer to me. “We’ll talk later. You know… about on what side of the fence we stand?”

Chad stood up as I chuckled. “Sure Chad. I’d like that.”

“Cool. Now, I’m off to score some grub. Later!” Chad ran off while Chris shook his head.

“Shane… good to see you again man,” Chris said as the two hugged.

“I’m only here because you guys paid for our tickets. Oh, and thanks for letting Ian tag along. I think I’d be a dead boy when I got home.”

“Shane this is Karen Greene. Karen, my best friend for Cali Shane,” I said and introduced the two of them.

“Good to meet you, sweetie,” she said. The two shook hands. “I bet you have a flock of ladies chasing after you back home.” I laughed when Shane started to blush.

“W-Well…” he started.

“He’s not like that. Not the kind to get a notch on his bedpost, if you know what I mean.” Karen laughed after Shane punched me in the arm.

“I don’t care if it’s your birthday. That wasn’t cool.”

“What? It was a compliment!” I said as I rubbed my arm. “That means you’re not a total slut.” I turned back to Karen with a bit of apprehension. “D-Did… did Jeremy come too?”

“Yeah sweetie. He’s over by the front door still. Hasn’t left it since we arrived.”

“Excuse me for a bit,” I said as I nervously stood and walked from the living room towards the door. I wiped my hands on my pants and walked up to him. His eyes saw me and he offered a nervous smile.

“H-Hey.”

“Hey yourself,” I said. “What’re you doing out here?”

“I don’t know, really. Just a bit nervous about… seeing you again I guess.”

“Why’s that?”

He grabbed his arm a bit. “I’m afraid things are gonna be… different between us. Like bad different.”

“You shouldn’t, you know. We’re fine, I think. At least I hope we are.”

“So do I.”

I moved towards the stairs and sat on a bench nearby. Jeremy came with and sat next to me. “Did the snow storm slow you guys up at all?”

“Nah, the roads aren’t really all that bad right now.”

“Good. That’s good.”

“Oh here,” he said as he handed me a wrapped gift.

“What’s this? I said no presents from anyone. I just wanted to see all the people that I care about for my birthday. That’s all.”

“It didn’t feel right not to bring a gift. So I brought one anyway.”

“Well, thanks.” I took the present from him but he put a hand on top of mine, freezing me in place. He leaned in and placed a sweet kiss on my right cheek.

“Happy Birthday, Teddy.”

Copyright © 2012 Yanks13; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I would have preferred a more "tied up nicely" ending. But I read every word and enjoyed it.

Link to comment

Wow chapter ten really had me at the edge of my seat! Awesome job Yanks! :)

 

I am totally confused now though. What did Jeremy tell Theo? I'm assuming he told him that he couldn't be with him as like a b/f. That's what I got out of epilogue.

 

It was great that Chris got Shane and Ian there for Theo's b-day, but I agree with Laz; it could have been tied up better at the end.

 

But it was a great story to read; very well-written with interesting characters. I look forward to reading more from you Yanks. =)

Link to comment
On 04/26/2012 12:03 AM, Lisa said:
Wow chapter ten really had me at the edge of my seat! Awesome job Yanks! :)

 

I am totally confused now though. What did Jeremy tell Theo? I'm assuming he told him that he couldn't be with him as like a b/f. That's what I got out of epilogue.

 

It was great that Chris got Shane and Ian there for Theo's b-day, but I agree with Laz; it could have been tied up better at the end.

 

But it was a great story to read; very well-written with interesting characters. I look forward to reading more from you Yanks. =)

The reason I had it ended the way I did is because while I wanted to have a nice and tidy ending (who doesn't?) I didn't feel that the characters lent to that in a sense. But if you look closely at a few things in the story, there is a definite way Jeremy decided. I think it's subtle, but it's there.

 

And I also left it like this as a possibility to do a sequel, in if I do, I'll definitely make sure to answer the question one way or the other. I hope this helped a bit :)

Link to comment

Great story although I, too, am a bit bewildered by the ending. I hope you do start a sequel to make sure that my attempts at reading the clues were right. If not, perhaps you'll post a postscript to the epilogue to let us all know. I'd vote for the sequel, however, if possible because I also want to know if something will happen between Chris and Karen and also what Aaron decides in terms of his love interests. I have a definite sense that Ian at least is in love with Aaron -- and yes, I mean, THAT kind of "in love". thumbsup.gif

Cheers!

John

Link to comment

I didn't review this!? I LOVED THIS STORY! I reviewed on Comicality's site I believe.

Anyways, the ending left me a bit confused too and I think it's cool you left it that way. I wished for more, but thinking back on it... I'm kinda glad it's almost left in the open. I thought it had something to do with their ancestors kissing, but I think it was that... he ran away the first time he kissed him, but this time, he didn't? :P

Link to comment

Beautiful story and extremely well written, but unfortunately the ending left me with a knot in my stomach. I felt I had read a book and got to the end and the last chapter was missing.aleric-cry.gif

Link to comment

I really enjoyed this story, disappointed to find there's no sequel. I wasn't sure about the paranormal elements at first, but in the greater context of the story they grew on me. 

 

Like others I was almost foaming at the mouth due to the lack of a proper conclusion. I've settled it in my head by telling myself that The and Jeremy have decided to wait until they're older to begin their relationship. Jeremy clearly still has issues with his past relationships, and The needs to come to terms with the loss of both his parents, his friends from California, and the fact that he has some level of indirect responsibility for the "deaths" of several people. 

 

Right, I'm off to read your other stories :-) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..