Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 4,531 Words
  • 4,375 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

For The King - 2. Chapter 2

Adan expected a fight, a struggle for dominance. Every account he had found of the ritual spoke of it. But Adan felt nothing from the tiger except curiosity.

Roku sat up slowly, examining his arms. The mage could see the tiger's mind spinning, puzzling things out before slowly coming to terms with his existence.

"I am Roku. I am… your familiar?" he said, testing out the title.

His voice was rich, like soft velvet upon Adan's ears.

"I hope you will be more than that," Adan said, his breath heavy as he sat beside the newborn familiar.

Roku's hand rested on the human's leg, soft, golden fur setting Adan's mind alight. Fingers ran over the mage carefully, the tiger looking him over.

"Are you injured?" Roku asked, worry lacing his voice.

"Tired," Adan corrected. "It was difficult bringing you into the world."

"You made me?"

There was no accusation, no alarm. Just a comment, filed away for future examination.

"Can I help you?"

Adan nodded.

"Can you take me to my room? I need to rest."

The tiger nodded, sliding the human's arm over his slender shoulders. Adan gave Roku directions as necessary, and it wasn't long before the human was laying in his narrow bed.

Roku examined the room around him in interest, taking in the bare wooden walls and the small desk with a single book upon it.

"You do not have many possessions," he said quietly.

"Master Dennet does not believe one should be held down by material possessions."

Adan motioned toward a towel in the corner of the room, and after a moment, Roku picked it up. The tiger fashioned a basic loincloth from the towel, covering himself. His tail swished amicably behind him as he continued his perusal of the room.

Adan watched his familiar, smiling at the near childlike wonder the tiger held for the world.

"What am I?" Roku asked suddenly.

"My familiar. And my friend, I hope," Adan said, his eyes drooping tiredly.

"But what am I? You made me. Are there others like me?"

"There are other familiars in the world. But as far as I know, you are the only familiar in that form. I fashioned you after a tiger, to give you feline grace and strength, but I made you bipedal so you could use your hands."

"I like my body. It feels right for me," Roku observed, flexing a finger while extending a claw.

Adan yawned, startling them both.

"Forgive me, I am keeping you from your rest."

"It is okay," Adan said, watching the tiger caress the book on his desk. "You may read if you wish," he added with a small smile.

"Thank you Master," Roku said.

"Call me Adan. I do not wish to be your master."

 

Adan startled awake hours later, someone knocking on the bedroom door. Roku was staring at the door, his ears flickering in alarm. Adan reached out, setting a hand on the tiger's shoulder as he stood up.

"Calm down. It's just Master Dennet," he said quietly.

He opened the door, Master Dennet waiting on the other side. The older mage stared in shock at Roku standing in the corner of the room.

"I see you have finished your attunement," he said, finding his voice. "We will be heading to the tailor in an hour. You will need to be fitted, as will your familiar."

"Yes Master," Adan said, his mind processing this new information.

Clearly whatever was happening in Darinhal was going to be big, if they needed new clothes for it. But then, Roku needed new clothing anyway. He couldn’t really run around in a loincloth. It wasn’t proper.

“This is Roku,” he said.

“I can see why you needed the tiger pelt,” Master Dennet said, walking around Roku as he studied the familiar. “It is an interesting transmutation. Did the magic warp the base or was he made in this shape?”

“I sculpted him like this. It makes him look more fierce.”

Though now that he looked at the tiger, Adan almost found him more adorable than fierce.

“It appears some of the tiger’s personality might have bled into his own as well. Did you teach him any words?” Master Dennet asked, still looking the familiar over.

Roku remained frozen during it all, staring at the doorway, the perfect image of a statue, if his tail wasn't constantly in motion.

“Yes, he knows Terin, Alor, and Mathin," Adan replied.

“Really? That is impressive. How did you manage that?”

“A lot of writing and copying.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you sir,” Roku said suddenly, bowing slightly.

Master Dennet nodded curtly at the familiar.

“He is an incredible piece of work,” the man said. “But we have things we need to do. You have thirty minutes to eat breakfast, then you will meet me in front of the manor.”

Master Dennet turned on his heel and left the room. Adan immediately began searching his closet, looking for a large coat. Finding none, he took the sheet off his bed, throwing it over Roku. He fashioned a long cloak, holding it together with a simple transmutation. Stepping back, he nodded in satisfaction. Roku’s nose peeked out of the hood, but the rest of his body was hidden from view. Master Dennet might be upset with the use of the bed sheet, but Adan knew he could reverse the spell easily.

He now had fifteen minutes to be out front waiting. Adan sighed quietly. No breakfast for them that morning.

Removing his shirt, Adan frowned slightly at the tiger. He may have made the cat, but having Roku watch as he dressed was still rather awkward.

“Could you look away please?”

“Am I disturbing you?” Roku asked.

“Most people don’t like watching other people dress.”

“I can’t imagine why. You have a nice body. But if it makes you feel better, I will look away.”

The tiger turned around, his cloak shifting with the movement. Adan stared at the tiger as he dressed, trying to figure out shoes for him. He had to give up though. Roku would just have to walk barefoot.

 

Roku sat beside Adan in the carriage, across from Master Dennet. Adan could see his joy at the new experience. The tiger knew how to ride horses, but knowing and experiencing were two vastly different things. Adan found he couldn’t wait to see how his familiar would interact in the town.

Not that they lived that far from the town, maybe twenty minutes by horseback at most. A carriage was a little slower, but not by much. The time passed quickly, and soon Roku and Adan were watching buildings pass by.

“I must say it is refreshing to see someone taking pleasure in something so simple as a carriage ride,” Master Dennet noted. “But I have been remiss in ensuring Adan was thorough with your construction. Do you know the rules of a familiar, Roku?”

“Yes sir. A familiar may not use necromantic magic to raise life. A familiar may not take any lover that might bear a child, for the soulless shall not overwhelm the world.”

“Good. You taught him well, however you managed it,” Master Dennet said with approval.

“Thank you Master,” Adan nodded slightly, though he was a little concerned with the minor twitch in Master Dennet's cheek.

The carriage pulled to a stop in front of a wooden building with a spool of thread on a sign. Adan had been here a year ago, Master Dennet ensuring he was fitted every year for growth. The tailor wasn’t a fan of either of the mages, but their coin was good and he took it.

Adan passed a hand over his body, returning his shape to his natural one. He kept his hair at a medium length, and a soft blue, but he knew that was the only concession Master Dennet would allow him. They entered the store, Adan and Roku following the older mage obediently.

“Back so soon Lord Dennet? I could have sworn you purchased a suit not two months ago,” the tailor said as he stuck a needle into some fabric.

Roku's eyes bore into the man from under his cowl. Adan could almost feel the tiger's interest in the tailor's work.

"I believe there is a book on sewing in Master Dennet's library if you are interested," the mage murmured quietly.

The tiger let out a grateful murmur, standing quietly as the older mage spoke with the tailor.

“I have an order that needs to be completed with the utmost haste,” Master Dennet said imperiously.

It was a tone Adan was familiar with, used only when the man was upset, and it nearly sent him cowering. But he held firm, even as the tailor wilted slightly.

“Of course my lord. What needs to be done?”

“These two need to be fitted, and a set of the finest clothes made for them.”

Adan’s eyes widened at the words. What was happening in Darinhal? He had never worn anything fancier than a cloth robe for learning to channel energy safely.

The tailor set his work aside, drawing up a stool.

“Who is first?” he asked.

“Roku. You need actual clothing,” Master Dennet said sternly. “Something your master should have seen to, beyond a bedsheet ensorceled to act as a cloak.”

“You wish the familiar to be dressed in fine clothes?” the tailor asked, surprise evident in his voice.

“Yes. He cannot be seen the way he is now.”

Nodding, the man got to work, removing Roku’s cloak. He let out a startled yelp at the tiger's true appearance, but one look from Master Dennet and he hurried to measure the feline.

“I have a set of travelling clothes that would fit him, though they’d be a little large on him,” he stammered, making shaky notes on a piece of parchment.

“I will take them," Master Dennet said, an air of indifference around him.

“The other clothing will of course be made from scratch and will cost quite a bit-”

“The cost does not matter. All that matters is the clothing will be delivered one week from now.”

“That will be simple enough. I have a Needle of Penetration that should help me get the clothes ready within four days,” the tailor boasted.

“Why don’t we put your money where your mouth is? You will be paid as soon as we receive the clothing,” Master Dennet said.

“And perhaps you will mention me to your friends?”

“We’ll see,” the mage said tightly.

 

Roku stood stiffly in his new clothing, his tail swishing rapidly through a small hole in the trousers. Adan bit back a chuckle at the tiger’s discomfort.

“You should get used to these clothes. You have to wear them,” the mage said as they left the shop.

Master Dennet had paid nearly two silver for the outfit, a princely sum in Adan’s eyes. He knew the conversion rates of course, Silver and gold each worth a hundred of the lower coin, and he knew a general laborer was able to make nearly ten copper a day. Master Dennet made nearly five silver a day just by serving the town as a scribe and creating scrolls for those who could use them. Of that, Adan was lucky to see twenty copper a day for his own work. It was a wage he had set for himself back when he had been learning about wages. Then, he had been making the standard ten copper, but as soon as he successfully cast his first spell, Master Dennet had taught him about wages, and haggled with him as the younger mage learned his worth. it was still a privilege for a slave to see even a copper of earnings, and Adam was honoured that he was allowed so much coin for himself.

The tailor had assured them the clothing was sturdy enough to last a year of work with only minor patching required. Master Dennet had seemed to agree. Now they got back into the carriage, Master Jacob driving them home.

“I don’t like this… underwear,” Roku muttered quietly, tugging at his trousers.

“Neither did I. You will get used to it,” Adan promised, mind flashing back to when he had been learning to wear pants.

The mage still remembered Master Dennet forcing him into underpants with a flick of a hand when he was a boy. Repeatedly. Eventually Adan had learned to keep them on, though not without a lot of stubbornness that earned him more time standing under a load of books.

“Adan, I want you packed and ready for a long trip in the next four days,” Master Dennet interrupted. “You will be allowed to take no more than thirty books with you in a trunk. Choose wisely, as this will be the last time you are at my house.”

The carriage fell into a stunned silence.

“Master…? Is everything okay?” Adan asked cautiously.

“Everything is fine.”

The carriage remained silent until they reached Master Dennet’s house. An aura of concerned fear was ever present after the older mage's announcement, Roku's folded ears displaying the mood of the carriage like a windsock in a hurricane.

Adan and Roku stepped out of the carriage as it came to a stop, Adan helping Master Jacob with the horses. Roku helped where he could with his limited experience, though the animals seemed nervous around him. Adan hoped that would pass eventually, but he doubted it.

When the animals were fed and happy, Adan led Roku to the library in the centre of the house, a room filled on all sides with tomes of various ages. Adan immediately made his way to the section he had never been allowed to enter, containing tomes full of the most powerful conjurations Master Dennet knew. The master had taught Adan long ago that he should take advantage of any opportunity, and he had just given Adan such an opportunity. Master Dennet had not placed a restriction on which books Adan could take with him. So he would take powerful magic tomes.

“Roku, explore the library and see if there are any books you want to take with us,” the mage said, pulling out an old tome that appeared to be bound in a bear’s skin.

"Are there any subjects you wish me to read?"

"Read what interests you. It is good to be well rounded," the man replied.

Roku vanished into the shelves of the library, his feet thumping softly against the stone floor. Adan flipped through his prize with interest, quickly finding various words and gestures that would summon different types of bears.

He set the tome aside as a possibility. He had never had much interest in conjuration, choosing nothing more than a simple spell to summon food as the spell he mastered for that school of magic.

Another book was dressed in a blue cover, a portcullis stencilled on the front of the leather cover. Its title read Abjurations and their Uses. Adan smiled as he set the tome aside. That one was definitely going with him.

Three hours later, the man had a small stack of ten books set aside. He would take them with him, and if Master Dennet wanted them back, Adan had gotten plenty of practice copying tomes lately. He should have all the books copied in about a month, at a slower rate than he had gone with Roku's books.

He felt a finger prod his back and turned around. The mage laughed at the sight of a kitty looking down at him with sad blue eyes.

“I’m hungry,” Roku said quietly.

“So am I,” Adan said. “Let us go get some food and return here tomorrow.”

 

Roku curled up in the bed, letting out a satisfied mewl. He looked the furthest thing from fierce, his nose poking out of the bedsheet he still wore as a cloak.

The bed was tiny with the tiger’s frame on it, but Adan was able to squeeze onto the bed, Roku curling at the base of the bed, across Adan’s feet. The mage was laying in his underwear, his clothes discarded to be washed in the morning. His feet warmed quickly under the tiger’s fur, Roku stretching slightly.

“How are you feeling Roku?” Adan asked quietly.

“I’m… happy,” the tiger noted, taking a moment to really determine what this feeling was. “But can I remove my clothes? I really do not like them.”

“If you would like,” Adan nodded.

Standing, Roku removed his bedsheet cloak before unbuttoning his shirt. He placed his clothes onto the desk, in a neat pile with underpants on top. Laying back at Adan’s feet, the tiger curled up, purring quietly.

“You do not have to stay by my feet,” Adan said.

“I like it down here. And there isn’t space for me up there.”

Adan shrugged, letting the cat do as he wished. They fell asleep together, Roku’s purring lulling Adan into a peaceful slumber.

 

“One… two… three… lift!”

Adan and Roku lifted the chest of books, muscles straining with the effort. Carrying it out of the library, Adan pushed the front door open, the two hurrying toward the carriage. He was surprised they were taking a carriage to Darinhal, a journey of no less than six days over mountainous terrain. The mage would have thought a wagon would be better for the journey.

But if Master Dennet wished to make an entrance, it certainly wasn’t Adan’s place to question him.

Instead, the young man questioned why he was being taken to Darinhal. His ascension was less than a month away, and it was clear Master Dennet intended to spend it in Darinhal. Adan wasn’t sure what this meant for him. Normally on his day of ascension, a new adult would make their oaths to follow the lord of their town, and join the guild that they had apprenticed for within the town. For Adan, that should mean he joined the mages of Zyrel, but there was only one mage in this town, Master Dennet, and it appeared he did not wish for Adan to join him.

The only option left was for Adan to become a Kingsman, giving oaths in service to the realm. He did not think he had the skills for that, but if Master Dennet wouldn’t take him in, there had to be a reason. Adan had learned long ago that his teacher had nothing but the best interests of the realm in mind.

They lifted the trunk onto the top of the carriage, Adan animating a bundle of rope to tie the trunk down. A wagon pulled up as the rope tightened over the trunk, and Master Jacob hurried out of the stables to greet the newcomer.

Minutes later, another trunk was being tied down, this one by hand. Their clothing was packed, Master Jacob handing over the coins to pay the tailor.

Five days had come and gone quickly. Roku was enchanted by the entire house, and Adan had noticed a real thirst for knowledge coming out of the tiger. Roku spent hours in Master Dennet’s library, studying various tomes, and he had amassed a nice collection of books on his own that Adan made space for in the trunk of books. Now they were packed, ready for their trip to Darinhal. There was no need to pack food. Both Master Dennet and Adan could summon a bland bread that could be transmuted into any type of food they desired.

The master mage stepped out of the house, crossing the short distance to the carriage. He held a sealed scroll in his hands, which he handed to Adan.

“Protect this scroll. Do not read it now; you will know when it should be read.”

More concerned than ever, Adan frowned at the mage. Master Dennet turned to Master Jacob with a nod, and the other man vanished into the stables once more. He returned soon with a sheathed longsword.

“Keep this blade on you. If we get into trouble, flee, do not fight.”

“What is happening? Should I not know what is going on?” Adan asked.

“It is better for now if you do not know. All will be revealed in Darinhal. Jacob, let us be off.”

Adan and Roku slid into the carriage, Roku clutching a book in his hands, as though afraid it would be taken to be stored with the other books.

“Your familiar has a passion for reading?” Master Dennet noted as the carriage began moving.

“It is a side effect of the method I used to give him information,” Adan said. “I am pleased though. It is nice to have someone who could help me research.”

He smiled at Roku, who opened the book cautiously. Soon the tiger was lost in the world of words. Adan was excited to be travelling beyond Zyrel, but that enthusiasm waned slightly within two hours upon the road.

Adan spoke up six hours later, bored from the dullness of watching plains pass by with little change in the scenery.

“Master, you said once that a person should be wary of going to a place they know nothing about.”

“Yes, but you know about Darinhal,” Master Dennet countered.

“It is the largest city in Meras and the king resides there in the summer months,” Adan said. “I know this, but I still do not know what I should expect there.”

“Tell me what you do expect,” Master Dennet invited, noting that Roku had set aside his book to listen to the conversation.

“It is my Ascension Day soon. I will not be returning to your home, which means it is unlikely I will return to Zyrel at all. This implies you are seeking to make me a Kingsman,” Adan said.

“You have a sound mind,” Master Dennet said with approval.

Adan noticed that he failed to mention if Adan’s hypothesis was correct. And he was unlikely to do so.

With a sigh, the young mage settled back against the cushioned seat of the carriage, closing his eyes. At the very least, he would try to enjoy the peace of the journey.

 

The unknowns of his situation continued to plague Adan as they set up camp the first night. Master Dennet conjured a single bedroll, leaving Adan and Roku to fend for themselves. It didn’t bother the young mage. He collected a mound of dirt, setting a simple weave of grass over it. When he was satisfied with his construction, Adan sent a gentle wave of magic through it. The dirt turned to a water resistant wool, while the grass created a soft lining for him to bed down in.

They would not have a fire, the embers causing too much of a risk on the grassy plains. The night promised to be cold, wind blowing already across their camp as the four travellers ate their supper. Adan’s mind turned to the possible problem facing him. He had been taken from a family when he was younger. Perhaps he was being returned now? He had no idea of the arrangements that had been made when he was given up. Perhaps he wasn’t given up, and perhaps the family he came from was wealthy. It would explain the clothing Master Dennet had bought. No noble would want a bedraggled brat showing up after a life of being gone.

Roku approached the mage quietly after supper.

“Adan, there is no bed for me,” the tiger said. “Do you wish me to sleep in the carriage, or am I to stand guard tonight?”

Adan frowned. He had forgotten Roku, and he felt ashamed.

“I apologise. I neglected your bed. Tonight will be cold, perhaps it would be wise for us to share a bedroll?”

Roku smiled slightly, his tail and ears revealing the cat’s pleasure.

“I would like that,” he said.

Now that Roku mentioned it, Adan hadn’t seen a second roll for Master Jacob. He wondered where the man would be sleeping. Perhaps he would take the carriage. If so, Adan did not envy the man. It was certain to be cold in there.

He and Roku stripped to their undergarments, Roku sliding into the bedroll. Adan carefully wriggled into the roll on top of the tiger, the space warming with their combined body heat. The two spent some time wriggling around, trying to find comfortable positions in the small bed. Adan ended up with Roku embracing him from behind, the tiger’s fur enveloping his bare body.

Adan had never been held like this. He felt safe in Roku’s arms, his body reacting in a way he had never expected. Sure, he knew men could be sexual with other men, but he had never thought of it as anything but a passing curiosity. He’d never had time to give to the thoughts.

And now he was laying with another man, or a male at any rate. One who liked men. And they were both getting excited, but there was no way Adan could do anything with his master on the other side of the small campsite.

It became frustrating quickly, Adan having to squash his feelings. Roku’s steady breath washing against his neck made it even more difficult to ignore what was happening. And he could feel the tiger growing hard behind him.

Adan wriggled out of the bedroll, Roku looking up at him as he stood. The wind hit him hard, making the man shiver.

“Is everything okay?” Roku asked quietly.

“I need to use the water closet,” Adan muttered.

But there was no water closet out here. The man picked a direction down wind and hurried out of the camp. He was soon lost to the grass.

Removing his underwear, Adan stooped beside a rock and relieved himself. He stood and started back toward the camp, the cold air effectively removing his erection. The sound of a footstep behind him caused the man to spin, gathering his magic.

Roku held up his hands, standing a few feet from Adan.

“I didn’t think anyone should be out here alone,” he said.

Nodding, Adan continued his walk.

“You needed to get away from me,” Roku said suddenly as they neared the camp.

Adan froze at the words.

“You do not like my touch?”

“I do, but it is not proper.”

“I cannot help it,” Roku said quietly, his ears folding.

“I know you cannot. Neither can I. But we need to avoid anything happening, at least until we have privacy.”

Roku stepped closer to Adan, his breath warming the man.

“We have privacy here,” he murmured, hand stroking Adan’s back slowly.

“I did not make you for sex,” Adan said.

“I know that. But my body wants it, and so does yours. Will we deny our feelings?”

Adan shook his head to clear it, stepping back into the cool air.

“Yes,” he said firmly. “At least for now. Perhaps later we can indulge our feelings, but right now, I cannot.”

“I understand,” Roku said, looking downward. “We will talk about this later then?”

“I would like that,” Adan nodded.

Copyright © 2019 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Already we have some mysteries. Scan is hoping to be freed, butnhis future is unknown. Master Dennat also seems to expect trouble, but from who? Someone who would date attack such a powerful mage would be exceptionally dangerous.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

An excellent second chapter, knew information added; but so much still left to uncover.  Curious about the idea of if there is a fight to flee, what was all the training for; unless the master expects more than the pupil can endure.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I am aware that this story concerns itself with magic, so not everything needs to follow the rules of a non~magical society, but fur your information Bard, big cats like lions and tigers can not purr. Their vocal cords (voice box) is set up for roaring, not purring. A tiger mother will call her kittens with a noise like a 'chuff, chuff'. Of course as a magic tiger, Roku can make any noise you, as author decide he can. Also, big cats do not retract their claws as does the pussy cat sleeping bu the fire, so Roku will have to be careful when embracing Adan so as not to claw him. I think a tiger as a familiar would be totally neat and certainly a big fur~covered body would be wonderful to sleep with, especially in cold weather. A tiger's body temperature is about 1℉ higher than that of a human, meaning he would be a great companion to snuggle with. he next question is,: do Tigers snore? I will leave to you, Bard, to figure that one out! Oh, and Tigers are not afraid of the water and will often lie in a pool to cool off on a hot day.

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

I am aware that this story concerns itself with magic, so not everything needs to follow the rules of a non~magical society, but fur your information Bard, big cats like lions and tigers can not purr. Their vocal cords (voice box) is set up for roaring, not purring. A tiger mother will call her kittens with a noise like a 'chuff, chuff'. Of course as a magic tiger, Roku can make any noise you, as author decide he can. Also, big cats do not retract their claws as does the pussy cat sleeping bu the fire, so Roku will have to be careful when embracing Adan so as not to claw him. I think a tiger as a familiar would be totally neat and certainly a big fur~covered body would be wonderful to sleep with, especially in cold weather. A tiger's body temperature is about 1℉ higher than that of a human, meaning he would be a great companion to snuggle with. he next question is,: do Tigers snore? I will leave to you, Bard, to figure that one out!

Remember Roku is a hybrid creature so he isn't a pure tiger. There will and should be significant differences. For instance, he can talk so purring shouldn't be an issue. He can also grip and hold things like a human. Non-retractable claws would be problematic. He has been imagined by Adan in the most ideal form.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am willing to accept your description od the tigers abilities as he is, after all, a magic being. I just mentioned some of the aspects of a non~magical tiger as a point of reference. A very enthralling story, by the way. I am following the tale most avidly. even though magic is not my preferred genre. I think your characterizations are well~handled  an the pace is appropriate. Superior authorship.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

I am willing to accept your description od the tigers abilities as he is, after all, a magic being. I just mentioned some of the aspects of a non~magical tiger as a point of reference. A very enthralling story, by the way. I am following the tale most avidly. even though magic is not my preferred genre. I think your characterizations are well~handled  an the pace is appropriate. Superior authorship.

Thank you very much :) I admit I had forgotten tigers can't purr, still, one cannot deny the pleasures of having a vibrating snuggling companion. We shall see if he snores or not 😛

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I am entranced by Roku. He is going to be a lovely character in this story which has already grabbed my attention. 
 

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a mage and am a little envious of Adan. 
 

Cracking story, thank you. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Wyndham said:

I am entranced by Roku. He is going to be a lovely character in this story which has already grabbed my attention. 
 

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a mage and am a little envious of Adan. 
 

Cracking story, thank you. 

Thank you :) I hope the rest of the story does not disappoint you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..