Jump to content

The Neko's Tail 2. The Neko Astara

   (4 reviews)
Elias portrait.jpg

For those of you who wondered what happened to Elias when he went missing in Wolf Pack, here is his story. A young neko, lost in a new reality, making new friends and being brought out of his quiet shell

This story takes place in a different setting than Wolf Pack. Reading that story beforehand is not necessary, though it can be helpful for understanding the first five or so chapters.
Copyright © 2019 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 8
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 6
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

· Edited by raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a well told tale of Elias who has been kidnapped from his home planet where he was a slave.  He is given a choice by his kidnapper to return to the planet Elias has considered as a prison, or join his kidnapper to explore the stars.  The book is filled with adventure, danger, sexual tension, tragedy and hope.  This is the second book in a series and a very good read.

  • Love 3
Link to review
astone2292

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

How this story doesn't have 10+ recommendations is beyond my comprehension!

I will make this declaration: this sequel to Wolf Pack is, by far, the greatest sequel to any story I've ever read. Not very many authors could pull off a complete shift in genre in the same series, but Yeoldebard does it flawlessly. This story picks up Elias from his adventure in the first story, and... well, I can't really describe where he goes without providing spoilers for both stories! The transition between these two works of art is just that damned good! 

The psychoanalysis done within this story is absolutely amazing. The thought put into the characters, their problems, and the solutions kept me at the edge of my seat. Years from now, I'll be explaining to my heart doctor what this tale has done to it. 

This story can stand alone, but I highly recommend reading Wolf Pack to make sense of the first several chapters. Nevertheless, this is a must read for any member of the GA community. Very well done, Yeoldebard. I'll be patiently waiting for a physical copy of this book. 

Response from the author:

You do not know how ecstatic your review makes me feel. I thank you for every word of it. As a writer, I always feel that nudge of self doubt, and you just blew that all away. I am so happy you are enjoying this series, and I hope you can enjoy it for many stories to come.

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is the story of Elias and the adventures he has with Artemis. 

It is a fantastic story that is full adventure, mystery and both happy and sad times for Elias and Artemis.

Well worth a read.

  • Love 3
Link to review
IkeNeko

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Where do I even start?

Every time I read another story of @Yeoldebard I feel like I just found a new favourite. This time I feel like I first need to take some time to gather my jaw from the floor and put it back together before I can produce anything coherent, though, as I just finished reading and I am stunned and elated and million other things.

So thinking what is the strongest point of this story... I could say it's the amazing world building, as the space ships and space stations and planets and races inhabiting them all come to life in a signature ascetic style of @Yeoldebard which always focuses our eyes on important details letting us fill in the rest. 

I could also say it's the story - the plot itself full of adventures that bring about twists and turns or maybe up and downs basically every chapter, keeping us on the edge throughout most of the 40 chapters. 

I could also say it's the amazing character building and development - as we get to know our heroes and a range of very vivid side characters and see them deal with problems and face challenges, many of which they encounter for the first time.

But what I really want to say is feelings - the raw emotions and the way the characters cope with them - from loss to love, from fear to trust, and from anxiety to confidence. It's quite a journey to accompany them and witness the wobbly tentative steps, as they try to stretch out of their shells and inhibitions and meet the other half way. The organic realism with which the emotional journey is depicted will leave no heart unmoved. 

I think everyone should read this masterpiece even if just to experience that!  ❤️    

 

 

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..