[Altimexis] Fagball by Altimexis

• Site Administrator

Fagball by Altimexis

As the new quarterback of the freshman team, Billy faces pressure to quit when his teamates learn he's gay, but when his Ricky comes under attack, the outcome is quite unexpected.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

Edited by Graeme
  • Site Administrator

One of the main things that struck me about this story was the essential truth that an openly gay guy spends most of their life coming out. Until such a time that society treats homosexuality as nothing out of the ordinary, there is always that same situation that Billy encountered when he changed schools -- he had to come out all over again.

He handled it well, but I was sad that he had to in the first place.

Well, mainly well. After Sampson was expelled for making a single threat, I was surprised that Billy got off so lightly for threatening to kill someone. The coach recognised that Billy was provoked, but one kid gets expelled for making a vague threat and another kid has to sit on the bench for half a game for making a death threat.... :wacko: Billy was lucky and I don't think he realised how lucky he was. However, it was obvious that the coach had a lot of affection and respect for Billy, and Billy had also had a chance by that stage how much of an asset to the team he was :D

Overall, I found the story fun to read. I hope Bret doesn't end up spending too much time in juvenile detention, and that Larry supports him during that time. It's clear to me that Larry was desperate for someone to love and he's gone for Bret. Not the ideal choice, but we can't choose who we fall for ;)

Thanks, Altimexis! :2thumbs:

Edited by Graeme

I enjoyed reading this story. It confirms something that I've always said, he who shouts the loudest, has the most to hide.

I agree with that assessment. I haven run across that type too many times. Latent sexuality is complicated, so it takes various forms. I think part of the problem is that parents often expect their sons to marry the women of their dreams and have lots of grandchildren for them to spoil, and while some gay couples do have children, it's not as simple. Thus, Bret felt as though he couldn't be himself, and someone who could be who he wanted to be able to be incited a great deal of jealousy and hatred. Very good story as usual, Altimexis.

• 3 weeks later...

This post has two purposes:

A. To express surprise at the lack of comments on Altimexus's fine work.

and

B. To let him know that the link to "Fagball" on his Naptown Tales index is still grayed out, with text indicating that it's 'coming soon'.