• Joann414
    • Sasha Distan
    • Winged_Wolf
    • Cole Matthews
    • Dolores Esteban
    • Aditus
    • Thorn Wilde
    • WL

Here's the stories to judge: (I will let Dark and Scotty94 stay in the running, if their stories cannot be finished before Christmas, I'll remove them. You have Until 7:00 AM Dec 25th as an extension guys)

1. All I want for Christmas is You- Joann414 https://www.gayauthors.org/story/joann414/noroominthelodge

2. I Saw Daddy/Mommy Kissing Santa Claus- Dark (Automatically Withdrawn)

3. There's No Place Like Home For The Holiday - Sasha Distan  No Place Like Home For The Holidays: Running Home

4. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year- Winged_Wolf  http://www.gayauthor...arholidaymayhem

Literature

5. A Christmas Carol- Cole Matthews  http://www.gayauthor...toryevent2013/1

7. One Candle- Dolores Esteban  http://www.gayauthor...itingprompts/46

8. The Night Before Christmas- Aditus  Twas the Night Before Christmas : Twice the Night Before Christmas

TV/Movies

9. Elf- Scotty94- (Automatically Withdrawn)

10. Black Christmas - Thorn Wilde  Black Christmas

12.It's A Wonderful Life- W.L http://www.gayauthor...toryalifesworth

Okay guys, the prize will be a $50.00 Amazon Gift Card based on majority vote. If there is a tie for first place, we will have a mini-write off (come up with the best story in 24 hours) between tying authors for New Years :D

To make this fair, I have made all votes public, so we know who is voting and keep this transparent. Voting is allowed for multiple authors, so if you like more than one author's story feel free to vote.

Joanne414 is up :D

Edited by W_L

Sorry Dark and Scotty, the extension has passed and I must be fair to all the other authors and readers as well.

Still keep writing those stories and don't keep the holiday spirit alive within alive.

Ok - as i said in the other thread - I will not be voting. No way I am going to have one of my three authors be singled out because i love all 3 of em!  But seeing the number of likes as i read the entries I must say i am completely surprised at the low number of votes.

Perhaps no one wants to see anybody lose. Another possibility is folks are reading but aren't aware of the voting or even the connection to this voting post. I haven't read them all yet either. Many of the authors I follow posted new chapters over the holiday as well which put me behind. I may not be the only one. Just a thought.

Edited by Ron

Ok - as i said in the other thread - I will not be voting. No way I am going to have one of my three authors be singled out because i love all 3 of em!  But seeing the number of likes as i read the entries I must say i am completely surprised at the low number of votes.

ma, you can vote for more than one person, just vote for all three of us!  :P

I tried to fit it in and write it but I just couldn't get my brain to work, sorry I let you down but I look forward to reading and voting.

I hope you accept my sincerest apologies, and I hate not completing topics I set myself.

ma, you can vote for more than one person, just vote for all three of us!  :P

LOL if i vote for all the stories i like there really isn't much point in voting at all - it would only add one vote to every total!  They are all well written stories that I will enjoy going back and reading again. We should talk to the admins about having a tag word like holiday or contest or something to make it easy to search them out next Christmas!

• Like 3

Don't worry Scotty, things happen.

I love everyone's story, but alas as the host of this contest, I cannot vote.

You should vote WL. The only reason I am not is I will not get stuck in a "ma likes me more" situation!

Yeah, but if "pa plays favorites" with himself or the kids, then we're in trouble. I want to be completely fair on this.

I agree. I think W_L should be able to vote, too. There's only so much he can sway the vote anyway, as he's only one person. *shrug*

Haha! Nice satire on Capra, but it is more applicable to "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" or "John Doe"

You should vote WL. The only reason I am not is I will not get stuck in a "ma likes me more" situation!

Yeah, but if "pa plays favorites" with himself or the kids, then we're in trouble. I want to be completely fair on this.

and this is why voting is traditionally private! sharing isn't always better

and this is why voting is traditionally private! sharing isn't always better

True unless you want an open and fair result with the leaders being held accountable :P but that is P-word that cannot be spoken on GA in public :D

In summation, this is the first non-GA administered contest created by GA members and authors. I just don't want to be the one to set back community events in case of voting shenanigans or anything that might lurk in the closet of our souls.

Edited by W_L

Personally, I view this as being lighthearted, and will be proud for whoever wins.  Love to see the diversified voting.  HOping it will encourage others to write more.

Yeah, I want the spirit of community to last longer than any one writer or member. We're all part of this site as readers, writers, and even the trolls :P The more people get involved, the more brilliant stories we can have, and it becomes a virtuous cycle. Interaction is the best counter to apathy.

• Like 2