The 2,000th topic in the lounge

Bondwriter

OK, I just spotted that the lounge had 1,999 topics. Since numbers are important, and that most members do not have their birthday every day, and do not post their 10,000th message either, I thought I'd open a thread for general greetings and rejoicing.

So, pour your heart, thank the loved ones, scream out your joy, and let the world know GA's a great place to be!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Congrats to GA and all its members!!!

2,000 topics! I wonder what proportion I've read...or commented in :P

An awesome accomplishment and one we should all take pride in :D

Here's to 2,000 more!

-Kevin

• Site Administrator

Congratulations, everyone!

2000 topics is 2000 times that someone has contributed to GA with something new, and doesn't even start to indicate the amount of interaction that those posts have produced.

Well done and here's to 2000 more topics :D

*lifts champagne* Cheers to GA and its 2000th topic! :music::music:

Thanks to these topics, so many friends and acquaintances must have been formed. :hug: Questions and answers...

Congrats to every member of GA! :music:

Ieshwar

WOW!! Awesome. Way to go GA. I'm just starting out on the threads here, but I hope to commit many more posts of my own in the years to come. To all of you who have been posting and making this place as great as it is, Keep on rockin!

This is the result of a collective effort, and credit should be given to people who may not be as active as they once were, but that got the ball rolling, though of course those who started it all and accompanied the site through its growing pains and have improved it steadily should be even more greatly thanked.

This is the result of a collective effort, and credit should be given to people who may not be as active as they once were,

But not to forget the people who contributed the most to the forums. Here a little statistic of those who brought the most posts and who are still active! (more than 800 posts):

CJames 4011 posts (the champion)

:worship:

Myr 3507 :great:

Kitty 2430

Afriendlyface 2315

(Oh! so sorry Kevin, I forgot you in this list :wacko: )

Graeme 2116

Jsmith 1787

NickolasJames8 1655

Dkstories 1436

Drewbie 1397

Naperwic 1367

Jamessavik 1195

rknapp 1094

Conner 955

Kurt 890

Bondwriter 851

Krista 839

These 15 members ( 0.35 % of all registered members) "produced" 27'845 posts (36 % of all 78'235 posts).

:music: THATS REALLY A CHALLENGE :music:

Long life to the forums :jerry:

Edited by old bob

Someone had better pass me, quick! Being at the top of the list Bob posted could be seen as perhaps detrimental to my precious reputation as a quiet and shy forum lurker. :ph34r:

Seriously though, the forums are a huge part of what makes GA so special, so THANK YOU to all who take part!

Well it is my understanding that the internet never reflects real life. Clearly the girls are not so chatty online as they are offline (excluding text messages and instant messaging, of course), and clearly I have a problem if I'm on that list... worse yet, I'm not last! The only comforting fact is that I'm the newest of the four digit club, but I can see that that won't last long...

Oh wow, I really do post too much... I just got hit with flood control (trying to post more than once within 30 seconds) in the board stats thread. BTW I edited this post to avoid passing 1100 posts :D Delaying the inevitable, I s'pose.

Edited by rknapp

Well it is my understanding that the internet never reflects real life. Clearly the girls are not so chatty online as they are offline (excluding text messages and instant messaging, of course), and clearly I have a problem if I'm on that list... worse yet, I'm not last! The only comforting fact is that I'm the newest of the four digit club, but I can see that that won't last long...

Oh wow, I really do post too much... I just got hit with flood control (trying to post more than once within 30 seconds) in the board stats thread. BTW I edited this post to avoid passing 1100 posts :D Delaying the inevitable, I s'pose.

You do realize, I hope, that anyone with more than 1000 posts (and less than 4000) is a postaholic? :P

CJ :ph34r:

Guys, have you realised that among the first five posters we have a goat, a cat and an echidna? :unsure:

I'm not really assured about it. Seems to be conspiracy. But I'll remain quiet.

And I think we have forgeotten Kevin (Afriendlyface- he has 2315 posts!) :P

Ieshwar

My average is 1.91 posts per day, bwaha. That makes it sound like I'm never here, lol. Oh well, I'll just have to spam the place up a bit. Prepare yourselves!!!

My average is 1.91 posts per day, bwaha. That makes it sound like I'm never here, lol. Oh well, I'll just have to spam the place up a bit. Prepare yourselves!!!

You're still better off, Jamie...my post avg is 1.92 too...lol

Mine is only 0.13 per day. But considering I lurked for a year that isn't too shabby.

Well, if you include lurking, then mine is not too bad either considering that I started posting actively only after Jan 2007...lol

Well, if you include lurking, then mine is not too bad either considering that I started posting actively only after Jan 2007...lol

Figures do not matter when your kind soul may come through in just a few posts! (Getting the back patting back on track!) :pickaxe:

Figures do not matter when your kind soul may come through in just a few posts! (Getting the back patting back on track!) :pickaxe:

Well said Francois.

Figures are just that...Figures...A mere piece of statistical data. What really matters is the quality and not the quantity. I can keep posting gibberish and get cussed, but at the same time, I can post sensible replies and gain the respect of many.

Hence, I'd like to thank BondWriter for bringing us back to the topic and I'd like to Thank all those people who have contributed to this wonderful forum called Gay Authors to make it a success.

:worship::worship: :worship:

The BeaStKid