Within limits, my friend, because I've seen young people drinking lately (a festival in a seaside resort), and it tended to make the gathering a total failure, unless you measure success by the number of people taken away in ambulances. :lol:

Lol.. agreed, alcohol and mass gatherings don't typically mix do they. :P

We'll never have a Convention until you can all AGREE on a place. By reading most of the posts here, I believe Texas is the place most people like. Other than Las Vegas, and Saturn's Moons. :P

Krista

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll never have a Convention until you can all AGREE on a place. By reading most of the posts here, I believe Texas is the place most people like. Other than Las Vegas, and Saturn's Moons. :P

Krista

It seems like we have a bunch of places we want. It seems like the best way to fix this is to have it rotate. The first gathering in SF this year, next year in Dallas, Ney York in 2009, and continue the eastward journey to Europe in 2010.

Certainly I say this with the utmost amount of respect, but I really don't think a group made up almost entirely of GLBT people is the best to colonize anything, lol at best our colony would likely only hold for one generation

And I think the straight girls might find themselves a bit lonely.

Edited by Matthew

Krista

Darn! I was hoping Vegas was a sell! B) But seriously how gay-freindly is Dallas? :o

LOL, well I realize the first one is set for San Francisco, but I'd still like to point out that Houston is actually very gay friendly and centrally located (*cough* for me). :boy:

Kurtie, kurtie: the festival of southern decadence would warp your fragile little mid-western mind.

We probably couldn't drag you away. :lol:

LOL, I once got hit on by a guy fresh from Southern Decadence, actually creeped me out alot, I'm not sure what he was on, but it wasn't pretty.

If we ever did Texas, I would think Austin would be the better venue...

I agree! While Dallas may be very gay-friendly according to news articles, there's not much here in the form of gay night-life. There's one area in downtown that's fun, but other than that I'd say Austin would be a more likely candidate. Plus, that's only a 4 hour drive from Dallas (unless you drive like me and could probably make it in 3 and a half :P ).

I'm still voting for Jersey... lol.

If it goes to NY for 2009, then I might be able to attend... both for proximity and the fact that I could probably get away with extended weekends more easily... unless school gets in the way.

The last time I was in Dallas I was skirting a traffic jam caused by a PFLAG parade. Funny how times change.

If you have the gathering on November 3, please have it in SF or on the East Coast, not in Dallas.

I'll be in Ft. Worth then, and would be unhappy to be so close but not able to attend.