Country

Dalmatia

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S Kevin, your sig is too cool! It's exactly my thought on you!

Aww :*) , thanks!

Kevin

you would most deff. be happy. The one reason why i love NYC so much is because its such a huge melting pot. I mean Manhattan is pretty big. There are all these cultures combined. Theres so many parades for different places around the world for example , we have the puerto rican day parade, the dominican parade, the phillipines parade, the gay pride parade , etc the list goess onn and onn. I can actually say that i have lived in NYC all my life and still have not seen all of manhattan or all the historic sites. Broadway is beautiful. The plays and the history behind them is so interesting. Ive been to 4 broadway plays in my life so far and i want to see soooo many more. I mean getting an apt in Manhattan itself is pretty pricey but, you can always go to any of the 5 boroughs or even Long Island. Theres transportation everywhere i love it. It's one place you can be yourself and not get judged.

I mean there are downsides and since i live here i can come with a list that never ends. I don't drive yet but driving in Manhattan is NUTS !!!! :D There are a lot of homeless and it is kind of dirty to an extent. I lived thru 911 and since i did live here it does get a little nerve racking when you walk down the streets in Manhattan. It really just depends if you like the city life. If you do then you will be happy with New York

oh yeah and for the record kevin

LOTS OF PLACES TO GO SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can basically shop ANYWHERE and find something cool :D

Oh my gosh! I wanna go so bad now! LOL, I mean I already did, but it sounds even more awesome!! :D

you would have a lot of fun .. the whole east coast!! hmmm theres disney world universal studios in florida ... six flags great adventure in jersey, kings island in ohio , coney island and a bunch of other little water parks in ny . ALOT OF THINGS!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Norway, but I would much rather live in an English speaking country. An English speaking country where it's warm all year! I just hate cold, and it pretty much always cold and rainy in Norway nowadays... -_-

• Site Administrator
I'm from Norway, but I would much rather live in an English speaking country. An English speaking country where it's warm all year! I just hate cold, and it pretty much always cold and rainy in Norway nowadays... -_-

Many years ago, my family had a Norwegian exchange student stay with us for a year. I remember any time there was the slightest bit of sun, she was out in her bikini, sun baking.... I'm guessing from that one example that Norwegians have a different understanding of the word "warm" than we do :P

The northern parts of Australia are very nice. Brisbane and the surrounding areas of Queensland aren't always warm, but they are warm for most of the year. If you go up to Far North Queensland, to Cairns or Townsville, it's warm almost all year round.

Many years ago, my family had a Norwegian exchange student stay with us for a year. I remember any time there was the slightest bit of sun, she was out in her bikini, sun baking.... I'm guessing from that one example that Norwegians have a different understanding of the word "warm" than we do :P

Is that so, Graeme?? :blink:

I wonder what would happen if they happen to come to India?? :lol::lol::lol:

On the contrary, I would love to live in a country which is a lot cooler than India cos it gets so damn hot and humid... And now with the rain, the floods in the part of the country where I live... Ughh :wacko:

Is that so, Graeme?? :blink:

I wonder what would happen if they happen to come to India?? :lol::lol::lol:

On the contrary, I would love to live in a country which is a lot cooler than India cos it gets so damn hot and humid... And now with the rain, the floods in the part of the country where I live... Ughh :wacko:

Damn I agree with that!! It's hell out here in the summers!! Phew!

Oh, why don't you all move to Mauritius here? The weather is great. Great sunshine with enough rain to keep us happy. The cyclones are cool too. Nothing like those thing I see happening in other country. Just the trees moving weirdly :P And lots of rain and wind. :)

Btw, I won't mind going to uk. I love rain. :wub:

Ieshwar

Oh, why don't you all move to Mauritius here? The weather is great. Great sunshine with enough rain to keep us happy. The cyclones are cool too. Nothing like those thing I see happening in other country. Just the trees moving weirdly :P And lots of rain and wind. :)

Btw, I won't mind going to uk. I love rain. :wub:

Ieshwar

You'd be surprised to know that one can find almost all types of climates and geographical conditions in India. :P

The BeaStKid

You'd be surprised to know that one can find almost all types of climates and geographical conditions in India.

The BeaStKid

I'm not!

I know Kashmir where there's snow. Rajisthan and its deserts. Himalchal pradesh and it's rain and greenery. Punjab and the abundant sunlight (with of course, those famous fields of yellow flowers :D )

That's all I know. :P

Ieshwar

I'm not!

I know Kashmir where there's snow. Rajisthan and its deserts. Himalchal pradesh and it's rain and greenery. Punjab and the abundant sunlight (with of course, those famous fields of yellow flowers :D )

That's all I know. :P

Ieshwar

Well, there's the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshwadweep with their beautiful islands. Goa and Kerela for their beaches. Meghalaya for its rainfall and mountains. Uttar Pradesh for its flood plains and one of the most fertile soils in the world.

Not to forget the rich heritage and over a million monuments!!

The BeaStKid

Ieshwar, if you want rain and if you want it cheaper than in the UK, try moving over to my place. You'd not be disapponted :P You'll get the awesome floods, the hugging humidity, the awesome heat and the nice spine-tingling chill in the winter. :lol:

There... you have all the seasons of the year in one place and in almost the same time :P Now where would you find such awesome weather or climate or whatever you wanna call it :rolleyes:

Well, there's the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshwadweep with their beautiful islands. Goa and Kerela for their beaches. Meghalaya for its rainfall and mountains. Uttar Pradesh for its flood plains and one of the most fertile soils in the world.

Not to forget the rich heritage and over a million monuments!!

The BeaStKid

The BeaStKid officially represents the Tourism Board of India. :lol:

I wouldn't fare as good: Come to the Somme District, here we grow sugar beets, potatoes, wheat, we have tens of WWI Military cemeteries, a few cathedrals and old buildings. But hey, the people are friendly enough!

I wouldn't fare as good: Come to the Somme District, here we grow sugar beets, potatoes, wheat, we have tens of WWI Military cemeteries, a few cathedrals and old buildings. But hey, the people are friendly enough!

B) .........I agree, hear that BeaStkid you have a job! Biggest time happening here in Vegas, we have an OJ in jail!

I was gonna say that myself. :funny:

Beasty, when Ambika Soni is free from all the Ram Setu tfiasco, I'll contact her myself and ask her to appoint you as an officer in the Culture depatment. Yeah.. not the Tourism Board cos there are tons heading into that Ministry but we need someone as active as you in the Culture Ministry :P

:*)

I was gonna say that myself. :funny:

Beasty, when Ambika Soni is free from all the Ram Setu tfiasco, I'll contact her myself and ask her to appoint you as an officer in the Culture depatment. Yeah.. not the Tourism Board cos there are tons heading into that Ministry but we need someone as active as you in the Culture Ministry :P

An officer??

Dang! I was thinking of something way higher than that!! Maybe the culture minister?? or better...The PM!!! :P:P:P

The BeaStKid

P.S

I do plan to go into politics... :P

An officer??

Dang! I was thinking of something way higher than that!! Maybe the culture minister?? or better...The PM!!!

The BeaStKid

P.S

I do plan to go into politics...

OK, fine!! The culture minister.. but not the PM :P Leave that post for the already uncountable criminals in the Indian politics today :wacko:

Yay some one else who plans to take action :great: Maybe when we're both PM we'll finaly meet :lol:

YAY!! so we have another PM in the making :funny:

Hi, Dalmatia,

I enjoyed Wales when I was living in England. I was staying near the border and made a number of weekend trips into Wales, sightseeing :) I can appreciate why you wouldn't want to move.

I'm from Victoria, Australia. I live on the fringes of Melbourne, the capital city of Victoria and get to experience both urban and rural life as a consequence. My intention is to retire in the house we're currently living in -- I love this area that much.

Australia isn't perfect, but overall, I don't think I'd want to live permanently anywhere else. I had a year living in the UK, which I enjoyed, but it was still a novelty at the end. I've spent some time in the USA on business trips, and again, I think it would be a nice place to live, but I prefer the fewer people, the wider open spaces and the more relaxed atmosphere of Australia. The main problem with this place is that it's physically so isolated from the rest of the world. Communication-wise, we're close (as witnessed by this post), but travelling anywhere is so expensive....

I also intend to spend the rest of my life in Australia. After traveling around the world quite a bit I still love Australia the most. Its so perfect, beautiful, relaxed and friendly. I only really noticed it once my boyfriend went back to south america but I have to agree that the physical isolation is really really bad.

Actually, my family is Welsh and I did I tour of the British Isles when I took a semester in London a few years back. When I was in Wales, the weather was beautiful, as was the countryside.

Although I have lived in PA, NY and MO, I currently live in the state of confusion, known to most of you as GA. The area hasn't progressed as much socially as I was led to believe, but I do enjoy the weather and find enough activities to keep me busy.