Yom Kippur

Best wishes to Jews around the world. For non-Jews (such as myself) here's a brief reminder of this important holiday period.

It's the holiest day of the year and a chance for a fresh start.

Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, begins at sundown today and culminates the Jewish high holy days that began at sundown Sept. 12 with Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.

"Everyone is supposed to let bygones be bygones and ask forgiveness from other people before asking forgiveness from God."

Jack B)

Best wishes to Jews around the world. For non-Jews (such as myself) here's a brief reminder of this important holiday period.

It's the holiest day of the year and a chance for a fresh start.

Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, begins at sundown today and culminates the Jewish high holy days that began at sundown Sept. 12 with Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.

"Everyone is supposed to let bygones be bygones and ask forgiveness from other people before asking forgiveness from God."

Jack B)

B) .......Thanks Jack!!

Yom Kippur is a testament to the permanent maleability of the human spirit--if one is willing, one always has the power to try to change the one's life for the better.

May everyone here be written and sealed in the book of life for a good year.

--Rigel

Yom Kippur was also a brilliant use of counter-attack and combined arms to utterly and completely destroy a numerically superior enemy.

Since its very inception, the state of Israel has had to fight to survive and be free. I admire Israel's military professionalism, courage as a nation and sheer tenacity and will to survive.

Yom Kippur was also a brilliant use of counter-attack and combined arms to utterly and completely destroy a numerically superior enemy.

Since its very inception, the state of Israel has had to fight to survive and be free. I admire Israel's military professionalism, courage as a nation and sheer tenacity and will to survive.

Not only has Israel itself had to fight for survival, Jewish people have endured more persecution, arguably, than any other minority on the planet.

What a beautiful idea! I think if we are to survive and thrive in this life we must all be willing not only to frequently request, but also to frequently offer, forgiveness.

A quote I've always liked on the topic of forgiveness:

Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

Not only has Israel itself had to fight for survival, Jewish people have endured more persecution, arguably, than any other minority on the planet.

I've always been completely amazed by that fact too. I don't dispute it, but it's completely inconceivable to me. Naturally I'm vehemently opposed to all discrimination be it with respect to gender, sexuality, race, class, age, or religion. However, with respect to most other forms of discrimination I can at least more or less understand where they're coming from. I've just never been able to understand why Jewish people are particularly scorned.

Happy Yom Kippur to our Jewish friends :)

-Kevin

Happy Yom Kippur to everyone here!

:worship:

And, I would use this opprotunity to ask for forgiveness if ever I had said something wrong or improper to someone here. :) I never meant it but I'm sorry.

Take care,

Ieshwar