Happy Diwali

I'd like to wish my fellow netizens a very happy Diwali.

Diwali is a festival of lights. It was first celebrated by the citizens of the kingdom of Ayodhaya to commemorate the return of their king, Lord Ram, after 14 years of exile.

The festival is celebrated by lighting earthen lamps around the house and bursting crackers in the evening. Other traditions include playing cards with family, exchanging gifts and sweets, buying new stuff, starting new things. It is a very auspicious day for Hindus.

This day has significance for Sikhs like me as well, for it was on Diwali that our sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind Ji freed 52 kings along with himself from Mughal captivity and brought them home.

This day is sacred to Jainism as well. It was on Diwali that Lord Mahavira attained enlightenment and started his religion, Jainism.

So let us all celebrate this auspicious day.

BeaStKid

Happy Diwali!

Just like the lights of the lamps chases away the darkness of this 'moonless' night, I pray that Diwali repels all negativity from your life! :)

Ieshwar

P.S It is a public holiday in Mauritius! :D

Hey BeaStKid,

a very happy Diwali to you and your fellow netizens

Its nice to have so many days to celebrate as you have in your country :D

Is it also a free day for school ?

I hope so for you :worship:

Thanks Bob.

Yeah. School's out. Has been since 1st and will be till 11th.

Never been school-sick before. Been home-sick, but never school-sick! Lol