Sexy accents

Tiger

Sexy Accents  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is the sexiest accent on the planet?

• French
    • Italian
    • Spanish
    • Irish
    • German
    • Indian
    • Other (Please specify in the forum)

Since we were off topic in another forum, I decided to start another topic about accents. What do you think is the world's sexiest accent?

Personally, I prefer the Spanish accent. Think Antonio Banderas and Enrique Iglesias! Yum! :wub:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we were off topic in another forum, I decided to start another topic about accents. What do you think is the world's sexiest accent?

Personally, I prefer the Spanish accent. Think Antonio Banderas and Enrique Iglesias! Yum! :wub:

French all the way, gets me every time! :wub:

I have a rather strong affinity for the Scottish accent myself :wub:

I hear ya, lass. But I had no idea how beautiful the English language could sound until I heard it spoken with a Dutch accent. Oh boy.

I have a rather strong affinity for the Scottish accent myself :wub:

Sean Connery comes to mind. He's the only person over 70 who I would ever allow to sleep over at my place. woof! :wub:

bah I like the accent of english people talking in french,,, that's nice

I love the british/australian accent

I just wish that I wouldn't have such a big french ( a more neutral one) accent talking in english.

sacha

French accents are sexy. Why would you want a neutral accent? Besides English sounds better with an accent IMHO. :P

French accents are sexy. Why would you want a neutral accent? Besides English sounds better with an accent IMHO. :P

I don't know, I think I've seen too often "the whole nine yard" at the begining when the wife and her mother talk with that awful french accent, I just hope mine is better than that one.

alright,, also, my first semester at uni, economic class, the teacher asks a question, nobody tries to answer (it was an easy one) so I decided to answer it. I hadn't exactly what I'd say all set in my mind. Anyhow, I started to explain. and the teacher said "You can say it in french"

Or again at Uni I had a law teacher, I swear his french accent was enough to make it difficult to understand. and what about Jean Chr

I don't know, I think I've seen too often "the whole nine yard" at the begining when the wife and her mother talk with that awful french accent, I just hope mine is better than that one.

alright,, also, my first semester at uni, economic class, the teacher asks a question, nobody tries to answer (it was an easy one) so I decided to answer it. I hadn't exactly what I'd say all set in my mind. Anyhow, I started to explain. and the teacher said "You can say it in french"

Or again at Uni I had a law teacher, I swear his french accent was enough to make it difficult to understand. and what about Jean Chr

I voted "Other" becuase, to me, nothing beats an Australian accent.

I love Aussies. Their accents are definitely sexy. And they're so rugged. My ultimate fantasy involves Aussies. If only I could share this secret fantasy, but it's soooooooooooo X-rated. <blushes>

• Site Administrator
I love Aussies. Their accents are definitely sexy. And they're so rugged.

Rugged? :blink: You don't know that many Aussies, obviously :P There are some great looking Aussies, but many of us are... at best average.

I voted for the Irish accent. One of my work colleagues is Irish and I could listen to him for hours.

All those people saying "British" or "English" accent... which one? Because I certainly sound completely different from someone from, say, London... and neither sound like the old fashioned 'BBC Accent'.

Rugged? :blink: You don't know that many Aussies, obviously :P There are some great looking Aussies, but many of us are... at best average.

I voted for the Irish accent. One of my work colleagues is Irish and I could listen to him for hours.

I meant rugged as a compliment. Aussies tend to be manly men. woof!

I love most accents. I chose Spanish, but part of the reason is the fact that I think many Latins are muy caliente (very hot)! :wub:

All those people saying "British" or "English" accent... which one? Because I certainly sound completely different from someone from, say, London... and neither sound like the old fashioned 'BBC Accent'.

I'm sure they meant British. I suppose English can be could be a collective of accents of English-speaking people. I must say that in my country most of the accents are boring. :blink:

• Site Administrator

LOL -- I was thinking that myself, but I decided not to say anything about it. When I lived in the UK I was amazed at the range of accents I encountered. Even in London, there's a range of accents. I think the Black Country accent and the Yorkshire accents were my favourites, though I enjoyed all of them. I have trouble understanding someone with a thick Scottish or Welsh accent, but otherwise I didn't have a problem.

Barbados/Caribbean accents!

And you need to be much more specific than just "British" or "American." Back in the days when I lived in the vicinity of Boston, Massachusetts, we could distinguish at least a half-dozen distinctive local accents with the city and its immediate suburbs. Local British accents are even more so.

"Simply phonetics. The science of speech. You can spot an Irishman or a Yorkshireman by his brogue. I can place any man within six miles. I can place him within two miles in London. Sometimes within two streets."--Henry Higgins [Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw, later adapted into My Fair Lady].

--Rigel

And you need to be much more specific than just "British" or "American." Back in the days when I lived in the vicinity of Boston, Massachusetts, we could distinguish at least a half-dozen distinctive local accents with the city and its immediate suburbs. Local British accents are even more so.

"Simply phonetics. The science of speech. You can spot an Irishman or a Yorkshireman by his brogue. I can place any man within six miles. I can place him within two miles in London. Sometimes within two streets."--Henry Higgins [Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw, later adapted into My Fair Lady].

--Rigel

There are several distinct Missouri accents. I happen to know of a town in SEMO that has its own accent. It's unreal. Few people have the "American" accent heard on television and radio.

--Rigel

it's absolutely right, I can remember one car add in canada where the salesman did a good number of the different accent there is in canada. It's also right, only in quebec, every region has a different accent.

therefore it's just normal that what people casually say "british accent" ain't exactly precise. In my mind, when I say british accent is the one you see in movie like hugh grant,,