Sexy accents

Tiger

Sexy Accents  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is the sexiest accent on the planet?

• French
    • Italian
    • Spanish
    • Irish
    • German
    • Indian
    • Other (Please specify in the forum)

All those people saying "British" or "English" accent... which one? Because I certainly sound completely different from someone from, say, London... and neither sound like the old fashioned 'BBC Accent'.

I knew somebody was going to say that. :P Most of them, really. But if I had to pick one, it's whatever accent Sir Anthony Dowell has. Maybe that's the "BBC accent" you're referring to. I've also heard it called the "posh" accent.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A British accent on the right guy makes my toes curl :wub:

Like Alister from BBC's Cash in the Attic B)

I <3 you, Vic, but he's mine, so back off bitch! :P

For me, it's an Australian accent that sends me over the top. Jesse Spence from House.... :wub:

Menzo

I tend to like alot of different accents, and what clumber said and a few others there are different accents in England. same can be true to the us, through out different states.

You know what's kind of surprised me? Usually there's one or two who're enamored with a Southern accent for some reason. :P Personally, I can't stand my accent. When I hear myself in a recording, I think "Oh god, do I really sound like that?" and then I over-enunciate my I's for the rest of the day. :P

Mine, however, is very light. If I'm speaking to someone born and raised in the South, they usually tend to believe that I wasn't born and raised here. If you wanna hear the really good accent, piss me off sometime and listen to me yell. :P

To be truthful, I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about. For me, it's always English and no accent! The time I try to understand the native English (you guys something talk too fast! ) and I get no time to pay attention the accent! :lol:

Btw, I'm very hurt. No one said anything about Mauritian English!

:P:P:P

I say leave English and adopt French! Now, that's a sexy language! :wub: Once I fell in love with the operator in a call centre after listening to his amazingly awesome and sexy French! :wub:

Ieshwar

For me, it's an Australian accent that sends me over the top. Jesse Spence from House.... :wub:

Menzo

Definitely with you there Menzo.

I need to get out more, the only accents I hear are Philly ones. It's so overpowering that if you live here for like a year you sound like a native, it's weird.

Edited by hollaburoo

:sheep: He's 17 years older than you!!!! Aren't there enough guys in your own age range? Leave the gay, 35yo+ ones for me :P

http://www.alistairappleton.com/

No; they're all too...blah. All of them. Too boring, too stupid, too self-absorbed, too giving, too something. Is perfection really that much to ask for? I mean god, all I want is a knight in shining armor, nothing over-the-top... (and I'm sure Alistair meets all of these criteria :lol: )

Menzo

No; they're all too...blah. All of them. Too boring, too stupid, too self-absorbed, too giving, too something. Is perfection really that much to ask for? I mean god, all I want is a knight in shining armor, nothing over-the-top... (and I'm sure Alistair meets all of these criteria :lol: )

Menzo

It looks like I'm not the only younger for older kind of guy around here. hehe

It looks like I'm not the only younger for older kind of guy around here. hehe

No, I tend to dislike the older ones almost as much as the younger ones. People tell me that I'm the problem, but that's just silly :blink: I like being alone very much, so I don't mind holding out for the perfect guy.

As for accents, I've never heard a Mauritian one, but I'm sure you have a very sexy voice Ieswar, don't worry. I also like South African ones, and certain British ones (Jeremy Irons in Brideshead Revisited or Damage, anyone?) I liked British ones a lot more before I moved to London, where every one and their dog has one.

Menzo (who IS on-topic :D )

I didn't like the Scottish accent until I heard the actor who played Oliver Wood in the first two Potter films speak (too lazy to look him up... Sean something IIRC). Now I love it.

Btw, I'm very hurt. No one said anything about Mauritian English!

:P:P:P

Ieshwar

I've never heard a Mauritian English accent. How about having someone video tape you talking and maybe even singing, and posting it to YouTube? (If you need anonymity, have the lights low and your face in shadow). Then we'll know the Mauritian English accent and will be able to add that to the "Other" category!

Colin B)

To me, there's nothing sexier than a thick Southern accent. :wub::wub::wub: If I tried to explain why, it would take all night, so I'll just leave it at that.

I know exactly what you mean, man. A proper southern American accent (Charleston) used to be my number one. It's at two now, thanks to that Scottish actor.

I think I have to disagree with...well...everyone!

Have you ever heard an Icelandic boy speak? I melt! I've not heard much from an Icelandic woman though.

That and a South African accent. It is almost British, I think. Never truly compared the two.

Although I'm loving and learning my French, I don't find the French accent verry attractive for some reason.

Oh, and did I mention Canadian, eh? Ontario area, I dont know about your accent areas. Only the word "eh" though. The rest of it is too upper-midwestern to seem like an accent to me.

The Newfies make my head spin though. :wacko:

A great website to listen to these accents courtesy of Geore Madison University: http://accent.gmu.edu/

This one is specially for Ieshwar: Click!

Oh, I remeber Icelandic! But it was a 'she'. I think it was 2006, in the Miss World. (yeah, I se Miss World! ) The Winner was Miss Iceland. Not bad. Never heard a He-Iceland though.

And unfortunately, I'm too shy to have myself on YouTube *shies away* I believe it would be a mixture of african and Indian. Ok, it's not sexy! :wacko:

And robbie! It's Sean Biggerstaff! (I think it's right. But Bigger Staff is a nice name *wriggle eyebrows!* )

And Tarin, unfortunately, my loudspeaker just broke and I need to buy a new one. I couldn't listen to it. :(

Ieshwar

Even within accents, there are subgroups... talking about the southern thing, there are two way different ends of the spectrum as to southern accents. You get that nice, pretty southern drawl that makes a person sound innocent, sweet, and respectful. Then, you get the gabble that makes a person sound like the wheel's turning but the gerbil's dead.

I must maintain that while certain accents COULD be sexy, it is the man that makes the accent, not the accent that makes the man.

Even within accents, there are subgroups... talking about the southern thing, there are two way different ends of the spectrum as to southern accents. You get that nice, pretty southern drawl that makes a person sound innocent, sweet, and respectful. Then, you get the gabble that makes a person sound like the wheel's turning but the gerbil's dead.

I must maintain that while certain accents COULD be sexy, it is the man that makes the accent, not the accent that makes the man.

I agree. Some southern are quite sexy, while others are just trashy. And yes, the natural voice of the man contributes to the accent. If he has a good voice, the accent compliments it. B)

Even within accents, there are subgroups... I must maintain that while certain accents COULD be sexy, it is the man that makes the accent, not the accent that makes the man.

Just talking about French accents, for which I voted, because I don't want to talk about "foreign" accents :P .

There are so different French types, the accent from North of France, the accent from Provence, the accent from Paris, the accent from South-West, The accent from Alsace, the accent from the deepest part of the Massif central....

Every one is the reflection of the characters of the people living there, and the "sexy" part is only one side of the whole.

BTW, your accent is much less important than the way you speak, the words you use.

Just talking about French accents, for which I voted, because I don't want to talk about "foreign" accents :P .

There are so different French types, the accent from North of France, the accent from Provence, the accent from Paris, the accent from South-West, The accent from Alsace, the accent from the deepest part of the Massif central....

Every one is the reflection of the characters of the people living there, and the "sexy" part is only one side of the whole.

BTW, your accent is much less important than the way you speak, the words you use.

Mmm, les mecs parisiens ont les accents les plus sexy. Mais, les accents du Marseille sont aussi tres agreables.