[Tiger] Dark Earth: The Prophecy : By Tiger

In response to a pm that I got, I probably should clarify my reply and I'll use CJ as my example. When CJ has a new chapter posted, I post at my site that a new chapter has been posted. I also include a link to the chapter or story.

I wasn't suggesting posting the story elsewhere.

Jan

That would be a good idea. I do not actually know what sites to post such links upon. Feel free to send me a pm with details.

Thanks,

Tim

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And its been sent back. And a bit of a spoiler, it will make you laugh a bit.

Jan

It's off to beta reading now. If all goes well, it will be posted Saturday night. ;)

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger

True. It seems he does a little last minute polishing even after a chapter has been edited and beta-read. And from what I understand authors also have to rely on GA staff to actually post stories, so some part of the publishing process is beyond the author's control.

Plus there's a certain marketing advantage in making the readers wait a little while before getting their next fix. I'm sorry if that seems a little rude, or even too commercial, but I stand by it. I'm heavily into listening to podcasts and in a way they are stories too, even the techie ones like, Security Now, that help listeners better understand everything related to computer security both from an end-user and programmer perspective. I know I always look forward to my favorite podcasts that are released on a set schedule. Especially when they can be ready for me to listen to via downloading through an RSS feed or something like iTunes.

Also, ever since you pointed out to me that some authors almost always release on the same day each week, or at least on a stable timetable, I wish Tim could get far enough ahead to do the same thing without compromising quality.

Maybe the fact he's going to concentrate on his other works for awhile will also give him time to build up a reserve of chapters for DE so he can start releasing chapters on a regular basis.

Either way it seems we both have an author we really love, and, at least for me, that makes my small contribution a lot of fun regardless of when each chapter actually gets published.

Is this a normal time for you to be awake? I sure wish I were asleep instead of posting here. Hopefully I've made a wee bit of sense. ;)

As a matter of fact Gary, that is what I intend to do with Alpha and Omega... I will try to come out with chapters every week. I just need to decide on a day... I was thinking, maybe Thursday...Friday is booked with dkstories's, Tuesday is CJ and Monday is Jack.... :wacko:

I'm really looking forward to finding the time to start reading A&O again. I don't think there's anything wrong with having multiple authors posting on the same day. To me the important thing is to know when to expect a new chapter. Then it's up to me to decide when I have time to read it.

As a matter of fact Gary, that is what I intend to do with Alpha and Omega... I will try to come out with chapters every week. I just need to decide on a day... I was thinking, maybe Thursday...Friday is booked with dkstories's, Tuesday is CJ and Monday is Jack.... :wacko:

There are so many I need to read. I think after volume I is done, I'm going to take some time to read some stories. :P As for Saturday, it simply seems like a good day. Anyway, I have a long day ahead of me. I was going to try to wrap up my anthology story soon. Today does not look good for moving towards that goal :(

• Site Moderator
Is this a normal time for you to be awake? I sure wish I were asleep instead of posting here. Hopefully I've made a wee bit of sense. wink.gif

Monday thru Friday, I'm up this early.

And from what I understand authors also have to rely on GA staff to actually post stories, so some part of the publishing process is beyond the author's control.

I believe that since Tim is currently posting in eFiction, he can post it himself. It's the Hosted/Shared Hosted that have someone post the story for them.

You can add Nick to the list as his stories usually appear sometime Sunday.

Monday thru Friday, I'm up this early.

I believe that since Tim is currently posting in eFiction, he can post it himself. It's the Hosted/Shared Hosted that have someone post the story for them.

You can add Nick to the list as his stories usually appear sometime Sunday.

I have to catch up on IBC. <blush>

I'll continue to whine about Promising Authors not having their own forum for readers to post in. It's just not fair!

Tim, Chapter 11 was a mix of emotions on so many levels.

Learning who [perhaps at least] some of the traitors were resolved a lot of suspense and perhaps paves the way for ultimate victory for the good guys. We've still got a long ways to go though and I'm looking forward to it while at the same time wishing I could see the ending right now. You really know how to capture and hold the attention of the reader.

Getting to see into the mind of Julian and what he went through as a child was the kind of character development that I live for. Same thing goes for the revelation of what happened at Lucifer's Bar during Julian's escape to the underground. Thank you so much for that.

I'm afraid about what the destruction at Centropolis will ultimately mean. At least there's been some resolution by way of another thrilling battle scene. And for now Empire City will have to serve as the main base of operations. The fact that Adriana has gained some much deserved respect was nice to see. Sometimes I still want to slap her silly though. But I do understand why it needs to be that way.

The death of two major characters was a shocker. I feel so bad for Calista right now.

Sometimes along with praise there has to be some criticism. In this case it's one of your new characters. As I've mentioned before I think subtle homages to authors you respect are great. Many of the best authors on GA do this. I mean no offense to Jan as he's done and will continue to do a great job of editing your stories. And yet such an obvious reference to a well-known Member and Editor just doesn't seem right to me. You could have accomplished the same well-deserved homage while still being subtle about it. I'm sure we would all know who you were referring to and at least to me it would have meant so much more.

I posted a review of this chapter. It would sure be nice if more of your readers did that. We need to prove to the powers that be that you have what it takes to eventually be a Hosted Author. Come on fellow readers. Help give Tim the break he so richly deserves by posting reviews for each chapter and commenting in the forums. Thanks.

~gary.

Edited by GaryInMiami
I'll continue to whine about Promising Authors not having their own forum for readers to post in. It's just not fair!

Well, once Tim has some more threads, I'm sure he'll get his own forum... :)

*Runs off to read the latest chapter*

Well, once Tim has some more threads, I'm sure he'll get his own forum... :)

*Runs off to read the latest chapter*

I'm sure you'll like it BK. As I mentioned in my blog, the wait for 12 will be a little longer. I feel inspired to write a some chapters for Second Chances. I'm also looking forward the release of my first short-story next month. :)

Speaking of short stories here's a little teaser. It's not really a spoiler cause I don't reveal anything. But it will give you a clue about how you'll feel when you read it.

This short story will touch raw angry places in your brain that you probably didn't know existed but they do.

Speaking of short stories here's a little teaser. It's not really a spoiler cause I don't reveal anything. But it will give you a clue about how you'll feel when you read it.

This short story will touch raw angry places in your brain that you probably didn't know existed but they do.

That is an intriguing examination. I must say that I am looking forward to reading some anthology stories next month. :D