[Tiger] Dark Earth: The Prophecy : By Tiger

Well, a think a hero is much better than a corrupt preacher!

I dunno. A corrupt preacher has so much more potential for depth of character than some creature than can affect weather and turn into an eagle. :P

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. A corrupt preacher has so much more potential for depth of character than some creature than can affect weather and turn into an eagle. :P

He does have depth. A corrupt preacher does seem to have a lot of potential as a story's antagonist, but I would never insult Jan like that.

Besides, I already made him a bit of a prick...

hope I am allowed to post that. :P

• 3 weeks later...

It certainly is posted. And I think it's one of the best chapters in this book.

After a hard-fought battle there is finally the chance for Earth to see some sunlight again. Not everybody survives to see the bright new day which is sad. Will Julian and Cristobel feel guilty that they might have been able to prevent one death in particular?

I'm glad Julian is finally beginning to realize that there's some truth in Adriana's opinion of him. He was on the verge of becoming an arrogant prick and he needed some humility otherwise he'd wind up just like his father.

Gosh Tim. I don't know how you dream up these scenarios. So many details to keep track of. So many complex characters. And yet you make it seem effortless even though we both know it's not.

Another well done chapter my friend. :)

Thanks Gary! Julian is 18 and has a vast amount of power along with responsibilities. These are key components of his arrogance along with fear. Yes, I said it. He is quite fearful, and, while I will not give spoilers, there will be more about fear in Chapter 15 (the final chapter) which I am hoping to finish and have posted no later than next Saturday. I will also reveal the title, The Fight for Centropolitan Dominance. :)

Tim has just posted Chapter 15 of his epic saga, Dark Earth. This concludes the first book of the trilogy called The Prophecy.

If you don't think you're a fan of sci-fi read this story and you will be. If you are a fan of sci-fi then this is a must-read.

I won't include any spoilers this early in the thread. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed working for Tim on it. :)

Thanks Gary! I appreciate your beta reading and zeta reading. Jan, I'd also like to thank you for editing. I took the liberty of posting an overview of Dark Earth: The Prophecy in my blog. Feel free to leave comments in the thread or PM me. You can also email tltigerman2@yahoo.com or Tim@Tiger-Tales.com.

Thanks Gary! I appreciate your beta reading and zeta reading. Jan, I'd also like to thank you for editing. I took the liberty of posting an overview of Dark Earth: The Prophecy in my blog. Feel free to leave comments in the thread or PM me. You can also email tltigerman2@yahoo.com or Tim@Tiger-Tales.com.

Congratulations on finishing your first story, Tim! :2thumbs: You're off to a great start!

Quite a violent finish! Not to mention a very high body-count! :P

Especially for one particular character...

Drawing my dagger, I recalled the report of Caprican
Congratulations on finishing your first story, Tim! :2thumbs: You're off to a great start!

:o

Poor Caprican! What a cruel thing to do to a goat... :,(

CJ :)

Yes, there are violent deaths in that cruel world. The whole world in Dark Earth has no innocence left at all. It's kill or be killed. Even though it is fantasy, there still have to be some realistic elements. Otherwise, it won't work. I'm glad you liked it, CJ.

Just so everyone knows, I am restructuring the next part of the trilogy. It will be in 3rd person, and the chapters will be more numerous but somewhat shorter. I've been writing Chapter 1. I am going to at least get over half way done before I start posting chapters. I also might be doing a murder/mystery vignette next, so I am not sure which one I will be posting first. I have to do some research for the vignette though. Second Chances is on hold for now, but I will get around to it eventually.

• Site Moderator

:o

Poor Caprican! What a cruel thing to do to a goat... :,(

CJ :)

Gary has a Goat Stew recipe ready to go.

Yep, that I do. Pity you won't be able to join in the feast since you're in a cryochamber. :P

The cryochambers preserve them well. There's a special place for them where the others can visit. There will be more about that in Part 2. :)

Hi Tim,

I didn't read till yet your story. I will do it as soon as I will find a quiet moment to read the whole story without been disturbed. I even didnt read your last blog, because I want discover the story as you wrote it.

I just made a test. I red twice your last chapter, just to have a impression of your style, your use of words, the rythme of your phrases. I even made a translation in French of the two last paragraphs of chapter 15, just to undertstand why I like so much your style. So I know : you write the same way as if you would relate loud your story, with a group of kids around you, listening attentively to the story-teller you are, introducing them in an unknown world. You have the same gift as Kevin. You create a world with your words, a world in which your characters have to fight, to survive, to love. Amazing how easy the reader can identify himself with your "heros" and imagine he lives in this world.

Its sunday evening. Unfortunately, I have to work and to prepare my business planning for the next week. Perhaps i will find a quiet afternoon to read. Thanks in advance for the nice hours of reading.

Old bob

...you write the same way as if you would relate loud your story, with a group of kids around you, listening attentively to the story-teller you are, introducing them in an unknown world. You have the same gift as Kevin. You create a world with your words...

That's such a nice thing for you to tell Tim, Bob. I feel the same way. That's why I found it so easy to like Tim's idea of sci-fi/fantasy. I normally don't like those kinds of stories.

I simply write with my own tastes in mind really. If the author does not enjoy it then neither will the reader. I have my own style, and I think it works. Dark Earth: The Prophecy is my favorite so far. And yes, we're allowed to have a favorite. :P Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate them. :)