Valentine's Day

JSmith

So Valentine's day is Thursday for those of you that aren't paying attention ;) The past few years I've always boycotted it and stayed home, but that's because I've been single every Valentine's Day.

Anyways, I'm just curious to know what you guys are doing or getting for your significant other on that day? :wub:

Joe

(And yes, I'm looking for ideas here so hurry up :P )

I will be drinking wine and eating chocolate in my apartment, simultaneously enjoying and hating being single. Valentine's is the one day of the year when I hate being alone, and I get sick of hearing my friends go on about how wonderful their boyfriends/girlfriends are. Makes me want to be sick. I've just started dating someone (who will be in India for a wedding), so my self-pity will be tempered somewhat.

Anyway, my bitterness aside, I think a night at home (assuming you can cook/bake something tasty) with wine, food and a romantic night together is a nice Valentine's idea. As long as you make some gesture that is sincere and not a Valentine's cliche (please, no un-personalized Hallmark cards with a box of chocolates), I think that encapsulates what the holiday should be about. It's not a pissing contest to see who can buy the biggest diamond.

Menzo

Well!... lol. You have until what? Thursday? :P You better get rollin' dear. :wub:

Anyway, David has been completely absent about that whole idea.. lol.. But since he's terrible at hiding things.. I know the smile and blushing means he has something planned. I actually bought the most girly gifts I could find for him actually.. lol. A HUGE stuffed bear.. it's about four feet tall. A box of Chocolates, and I'm sending him those and roses at work because I know he'll kill over dead from embarrassment. That will teach him from withholding information. :D

For his serious gift I bought him a bracelet that matched the necklace he gave me for my birthday. :P

Well!... lol. You have until what? Thursday? :P You better get rollin' dear. :wub:

Anyway, David has been completely absent about that whole idea.. lol.. But since he's terrible at hiding things.. I know the smile and blushing means he has something planned. I actually bought the most girly gifts I could find for him actually.. lol. A HUGE stuffed bear.. it's about four feet tall. A box of Chocolates, and I'm sending him those and roses at work because I know he'll kill over dead from embarrassment. That will teach him from withholding information. :D

For his serious gift I bought him a bracelet that matched the necklace he gave me for my birthday. :P

Remind me to consider dating women from now on :P

Sorry, I can't help it, I have to say,, that's such a great idea. being in his place i'd love to get that gift.

As for you Joe, In your case, it depends on how far are you into the relationship, and also on how romantic you wanna be.

Def. don't go for anything clich

Since I'm single, I'll probably just go to the gym and hope my gym crush is there (because that way I'll know he's single). BTW, he was at the gym last night and I walked in when he was taking his undies off and got a view of his butt. Very Cute :worship: .

Hmm, back in my relationship days, we would usually go somewhere for dessert and drinks. Most restaurants are usually packed and being surrounded by breeders (no offense Krista :P ) on Valentine's day isn't my idea of fun.

Good luck and have fun :D

Vic

Well it's no fair because he already called dinner so I have to do something either before or after.

My idea was for after since it'll be dark out. The skies will be relatively clear and it'll be in the high 50s or so. I know he likes star gazing (as do I) so I plan on taking him out to a secluded area with lower light pollution, having a bunch of pillows and blankets in the back of my truck to keep warm and stay comfortable, laying down and watching the stars.

I have a couple other ideas that I'm tossing around in my head but I haven't decided on anything else yet :)

Well it's no fair because he already called dinner so I have to do something either before or after.

My idea was for after since it'll be dark out. The skies will be relatively clear and it'll be in the high 50s or so. I know he likes star gazing (as do I) so I plan on taking him out to a secluded area with lower light pollution, having a bunch of pillows and blankets in the back of my truck to keep warm and stay comfortable, laying down and watching the stars.

I have a couple other ideas that I'm tossing around in my head but I haven't decided on anything else yet :)

Aww. :wub:

Anyways, I'm just curious to know what you guys are doing or getting for your significant other on that day? :wub:

Well let's see, I'm not seeing anyone and I just spent my evening bringing my very sick best friend chicken soup and chilling with him for a few hours to cheer him up. Since it's unlikely I'll be seeing someone within the next two days, and equally unlikely that he'll be recovered, much less be willing to spend Valentine's day alone, I suspect my V-day will look very similar to tonight.

Even if we subtract the soup and fever, I'll probably still just be spending the evening hanging out with my single friend(s) and listening to complaints about being single.

If I were desperate I could probably call up the last guy I was seeing and set up some last minute plans. I ended things with him on very good terms, and he'd probably go for the idea. He's very cute and sweet...but I think that would be a pretty crummy thing for me to do since I really have no interest in getting back together with him. Besides I don't need a date on a silly made up holiday to make myself feel desirable

...oh wait, you weren't looking for Valentine's day negativity with this thread were you? :boy:

That sounds like a really good idea, Joe! After all you know it's serious when you take the pollution levels into account! :boy:

I'm sure whatever you do he'll think it's great as long as you make the effort :)

-Kevin

I will be drinking wine and eating chocolate in my apartment, simultaneously enjoying and hating being single. Valentine's is the one day of the year when I hate being alone, and I get sick of hearing my friends go on about how wonderful their boyfriends/girlfriends are. Makes me want to be sick.

Menzo

I will do the above things....minus the drinking wine part. School's tomorrow and now I can't even flirt with the boy I was flirting with. He got himself a girlfriend!! :( Damn! I should've known never to..... Sigh!

What a Valentine gift.... :( So, I guess I'll be wallowing in self pity and kicking myself (again) for having expectations from someone who was obviously straight, but was giving my broken down gaydar some signals.......guess it is indeed broken down. Waaaannn!!!

I know I know!!!! :D

Normal day till I go to work. There, I'll be pulling leg and laughing at everyone who get a rose. Either that or I'll drown myself in depression.

I'll come to GA in the evening. And give my good luck to the taken ones (and their purses :whistle: ) and share my deepest sympathies with the single ones.

You will be here, won't you?

Btw, I saw a Greek God today (sorry for hijacking this thread but I needed to say this) Blond and blue eyes. :wub::wub::wub:

Ieshwar :)

I'll be at work untill late as Thursday is a busy day and then, as I have no one, I'll probably take a long relaxing bath. Which is fine for me, but I'll be staying away from the internet, as I'll either get friends telling me that I need to find someone, or have friends moaning that they dont have anyone and a Thursdays to stressful for that :lol:

Eternally single I posted a card to my friend in Warsaw, with some horribly broken Polish. The card was great though, very dirty and all in jest.

My valentine is my sister, I got her a silly little card.

My real plan is to get a card to someone I'm not over yet. Just a "friends" card though, anything more would freak him out more than I already have.

I'm also changing the oil of my suv. She's my real valentine. :wub:

Right now, the only thing I have planned is attempting to use my nonexistent drawing skills to draw a picture of a sunset at the beach, since I've owed him a walk on the beach at sunset for about 13 years now. :)

My valentine card is finished, complete with sappy fold-out "i love you" panels and a glowing heart instead of the sun on the beach-sunset picture :) and I bought some gourmet truffles (all-dark cocoa liquor, mexican chocolate, and grand marnier) for him.

My valentine card is finished, complete with sappy fold-out "i love you" panels and a glowing heart instead of the sun on the beach-sunset picture :) and I bought some gourmet truffles (all-dark cocoa liquor, mexican chocolate, and grand marnier) for him.

Oh gosh truffles.... :wub: lucky him I'm a sucker for those... if he doesn't like them can you send it to me... I'll pay the shipping of course :)

now my valentines day will be watching a movie with a friend of mine since SOMEONE didn't get back to me regarding tonight :P

I ordered delivery of tulips for Doug and they came this afternoon (Wednesday) when he didn't have a class. (Thursday wouldn't have worked because he has classes from 9:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Thursdays with some breaks but he doesn't come back to the dorm). I also bought him a heart-shaped box of See's chocolates (nuts and chews, his favorite) which he'll see when he wakes up in the morning. He's taking me to dinner tomorrow for Valentine's Day.

Colin B)

David will be receiving his gifts at 1:00 p.m EST.. :wub: It is good for him that I couldn't find a singing telegram person though. :lol:

Anyway...

Happy Valentines Day! :):wub:

David will be receiving his gifts at 1:00 p.m EST.. :wub: It is good for him that I couldn't find a singing telegram person though. :lol:

Anyway...

Happy Valentines Day! :):wub:

LOL, so any news on how he liked them?

haha, I would love to get a singing telegram!

I bought a tuxedo heart from See's Candy which is really cute, it even has a little vest! haha, and I actually have something that matches it pretty closely, so I was thinking of buying one red balloon as well, for the cuteness factor. i was a little hesitant at first of buying chocolates when we passed by Sees, but it was playful enough and kind of plays into an inside joke that we have as well, so i think i minimized the cliche-ish-ness of it. lol

I'll be treating my man to some Burger King and some video games!

By, "my man," I mean yours truly ;)

I'll be treating my man to some Burger King and some video games!

By, "my man," I mean yours truly ;)

:P ........Cute, real cute!!

My day is finally effing over (stupid students...) and I get to turn up my music, let the wine flow and call in sick to work tomorrow. And maybe write; I haven't written anything in ages.

Menzo (who forgot to mention there will be lots of heart-shaped chocolate)

My day is finally effing over (stupid students...) and I get to turn up my music, let the wine flow and call in sick to work tomorrow. And maybe write; I haven't written anything in ages.

Menzo (who forgot to mention there will be lots of heart-shaped chocolate)

The same, the day is finally done, I'll keep reading LiS, feeling sad about couples on this day, when I'm alone.. And I'll get back to writing when I'll finish it