How do your pronounce our fearless leader's name?

Julian Alexander

Myr's Name  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce it?

• My-er
    • Me-er
    • Other

Myr, rhymes with sir, as well as the first syllable of Merlin.

YAY! Robbie joins Richie and me in the Myr like Myrrh club :P

Q- Is this Myr so and so?

Answer A- Why yes, this is Myr so and so. What is the nature of this phone call?

OR

Answer B- It's Myr (corrected version). What is the nature of this phone call?

Ok, I seriously analyzed this and now it is REALLY bugging me. Who created this thread? Let me go back and check.

That's an excellent suggestion! But what if "Myr" isn't his real name? I'd be a bit suspicious if someone called and asked to speak to "Mr. Face"

Ive never thought about it.

I bet this is no longer the case ;-)

That's an excellent suggestion! But what if "Myr" isn't his real name? I'd be a bit suspicious if someone called and asked to speak to "Mr. Face"

Yes, this is only under the assumption that "Myr" is indeed his real name. I've never heard of that name before or met anyone with that name. With all this talk, that name is really catching on.

LOL. If someone called and asked for "Mr. Face" I'd be mad suspicious too, but I'd go with it and see where it goes. That might be an interesting conversation.

I bet this is no longer the case ;-)

No no, watch. See that? Im actively not thinking about it.

[pause]

Wait...damn, I thought about it.

*sigh*

Its "myrrh".

Edited by Nerotorb

For some reason I was under the impression that Myr was short for "Myriddian" which to me looks like it should be pronounced like "meridian". If that's the case, my instinct would by to pronounce it like myrrh, rhyming with "sir" as previously suggested.

But what do I know? I might have just imagined all of that.

-d

For some reason I was under the impression that Myr was short for "Myriddian" which to me looks like it should be pronounced like "meridian". If that's the case, my instinct would by to pronounce it like myrrh, rhyming with "sir" as previously suggested.

But what do I know? I might have just imagined all of that.

-d

I think you did imagine all that. :P

Nah, we're all putting too much brain energy into this little puzzle. However, it's rather fun. Making us think outside the box, whether we want to or not :D

I still maintain my idea we need to find a suave stalker to get the pronunciation of his name, real or not. The curiousity will eat us alive!!!

Yes, this is only under the assumption that "Myr" is indeed his real name. I've never heard of that name before or met anyone with that name. With all this talk, that name is really catching on.

Ohh yeah, I'm considering naming my firstborn that now :boy:

Hmmm "Myr Face"...you think he/she would get picked on in school?

No no, watch. See that? Im actively not thinking about it.

[pause]

Wait...damn, I thought about it.

*sigh*

Its "myrrh".

YAY! Not only did I get you to think about it, but you agreed with me :P

LOL, and another one on-board! Perhaps we can all unite and form the Myrrh movement! (Sounds a bit like a dance doesn't it?)

Interesting note, I was thinking of adding Myrrh but I thought no one was going to choose it, so I left it off the list.

Ah, well that's what you get for thinking! You should actively avoid it like some people :rolleyes:

:hug: J/K ya'll ;)

-Kevin

Myr

Native to Mirrodin. Myr are artificial creatures - robots - created by Memnarch, the plane's guardian. Each Myr on the plane is remotely connected to Memnarch's "Darksteel Eye," a massive, indestructible mirror chamber that allows him to see through the eyes of any Myr he wishes. Scattered throughout the plane, the Myr are designed to be quiet and unobtrusive, and the majority of races have gotten used to their presence, viewing them as a strange but harmless background object. The majority of Myr conform to a particular standardized design composed of a slight, nimble body and a large, curved, mouthless head, though specialized models exist.

The word "myr" is derived from the Greek "myrmidon,

Now that I think about it, thanks to Gary... It does appear to be ---> Mur ... something like sir, but not exactly...

That is indeed an interesting theory. Perhaps he will eventually tell us. :D

So it's like Mir as in Merlin? I couldn't help saying it in the French way. :rolleyes:

That's my best guess too, Jack. I'm thinking about getting a subscription to dictionary.com so I can use their feature that lets you hear how the word is pronounced.

• 2 months later...
  • Site Administrator

Just to add my two cents, I have for some reason always thought of it like mirror :wacko: .

Don't know why, maybe the first time I saw it was when I found out heard about Nifty's mirror sites .

Steve B)

• 1 year later...
  • Site Moderator

Sorry to dig this one up from so deep, but if you really want to know where our Wizardly leader got his name from, then I suggest that you go read Harry Potter - Parliament of Dreams. You will find the answer there. I'm not going to tell you where to find it. You'll have to find it yourself.

You can click on Myr below in my signature for a quick link to his site.

• 2 weeks later...