Is it just me or...

Razor

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe eating meat is wrong?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only if the animals are factory farmed
    • No

Pfft, crawdads... damned yankees... :P

I ain't no Yank!! I'm a western girl! Get it right. No insult to the yanks out there.

Anyways, I still find the fact that people are still arguing about the treatment of animals that we use for food funny.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only eat meat once or twice per week. Meat is expensive to me here... I don't like paying $5 for a pound of chicken. That's just too much. :s Porkchops are in my limits...I could get two good chops for $2.50.

So I live on porkchops as my home source of meat.

Though sometimes I'd go a week or two without having any meat at all. Kinda like involuntary vegatarism but I beg to differ. It's just my finances are better off if I don't buy too much meat.

I only eat meat once or twice per week. Meat is expensive to me here... I don't like paying $5 for a pound of chicken. That's just too much. :s Porkchops are in my limits...I could get two good chops for $2.50.

So I live on porkchops as my home source of meat.

Though sometimes I'd go a week or two without having any meat at all. Kinda like involuntary vegatarism but I beg to differ. It's just my finances are better off if I don't buy too much meat.

:( ........Ouch, that's expensive, what are they feeding those chickens anyway, gold pellets?

P.S. I don't eat pork, but I paid $.99 a pound for chicken

That's how I eventually decided to become a vegetarian. It didn't really have anything to do with cost. My family raises beef, I've always had unlimited free access to as much as I want, and the rest aren't particularly expensive. I just don't really like meat. Ever since I was a kid I'd always be way more into the sides at any meal. So once I moved out on my own I often didn't bother having any because I simply didn't want it. After awhile I realized that I was only eating meat as you said, once or twice a week, and I really didn't want it. So I decided to take the plunge and go vegetarian. It's not a particularly big sacrifice for me anyway :lol:

I don't mind meat. Actually, yesterday when I was getting some milk, I was lucky enough to find almost a pound of unskinned/boned chicken thighs for $1.50. I don't see that kind of sale often, so I bought them immediately and had a wonderful two chicken thighs in ranch (yes I use salad dressing to make the sauce lol) with BBQ-flavoured power. Yum.

Oh of course I took the skin and fat off. I hate eating those...they're gross.

Just two more thighs to go...but I'll save it for the weekend. It was the first time in months I had some home-cooked chicken. :P

But veggies... If you don't like meat, all you have to tell me and I won't cook any. I'll just make pasta and I don't mind. :P

........Ouch, that's expensive, what are they feeding those chickens anyway, gold pellets?

Obviously by American standards, the food prices are expensive in Canada. I pay $3 for just a half of gallon of milk.

I can't wait to go back to PA for the summer so I won't starve myself too often with limited choices of food.

Edited by Jack Frost

I don't mind meat. Actually, yesterday when I was getting some milk, I was lucky enough to find almost a pound of unskinned/boned chicken thighs for $1.50. I don't see that kind of sale often, so I bought them immediately and had a wonderful two chicken thighs in ranch (yes I use salad dressing to make the sauce lol) with BBQ-flavoured power. Yum.

Oh of course I took the skin and fat off. I hate eating those...they're gross.

Just two more thighs to go...but I'll save it for the weekend. It was the first time in months I had some home-cooked chicken. :P

But veggies... If you don't like meat, all you have to tell me and I won't cook any. I'll just make pasta and I don't mind. :P

Obviously by American standards, the food prices are expensive in Canada. I pay $3 for just a half of gallon of milk.

I can't wait to go back to PA for the summer so I won't starve myself too often with limited choices of food.

:( ...............Wow!! It has been a long time since I have been to a foreign country, I remember Canada being inexpensive (1977) as far as Hotel rooms, restaurants & bar-hopping and such. As a matter of fact the most expensive place I went to back then was Singapore, everything else was "cheap". I don't know if the dollar was just on the "upside" ('72-77'). I :*) now, that I think on how much I cuss when I shop while eyeing the prices, compared to what your up against.

I don't eat meat every day, but I can't stand not eating meat.

My usual diet includes lots of salads, pastas and veggies with meat maybe 3 to 5 days out of the week. I do eat balongne, since I can usually get it on sale for like a dollar a package. Same with hot dogs. What ever you do, don't tell me what's in them. I'm living off around 200 to 300 dollars a month for food and that food can't have to much salt in it.

Chicken, if I can get away with it, I'll bye whole ones. Usually spend about 5 to 10 dollars on a medium sized bird. If I'm stuck buying the parts, I'll find the best sale. I'll go across town if I need to dang it!

Hamburger, I love the begining of the month sales. I can go to my fav store, and buy a five pound roll of meat for 5 dollars. Yes, I eat a lot of hamburger.

Like I said, I don't mind eatting meat, nor do I mind the way the animals are treated as long as the conditions are sanitary and relativly humaine. If the conditions change to much on the way the animals are raised and killed, it's going to make it so that meat is to expensive for the lower tax brackets can't get it for a reasonable price, sales or no sales.