Bardeara: A Proper Push

• Site Administrator

I also found this a timely reminder that there are many reasons for isolation, for building walls between us and those around us.

The other thing that struck me was how different the story could've been if Justin had been gay. Would he have had the same relationship with Sheldon if that had been the case, or would the fear of being accused of being a pedophile have stopped him from helping the teenager?

Congratulations, Bardeara -- another good story :)

Anuzer great story from our dear Bard! :)

The relationship between Sheldon and the narrator was very strange indeed. At least to me. I would have said that of aguide anda follower but who's the guide and who the follower? Very intriguing.

And what was Sheldon doing at that cliff? His pessimism and miserable state tell me he might have considering suicide. But the way he's portrayed tells me otherwise.

Amazing! :D

Take care,

Ieshwar

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, I never quite know what to expect, when I read one of Bardears's stories. Okay, I do know some of the time and that is to expect death, or a near death experience and a whiplash inducing twist at the end... :lol:

However, when I read A Proper Push, it seemed to me a gentle unfolding of two lives that are intertwined...not by lust but by love. A genuine love of brothers in arms, fighting a common enemy...both of them wanting something other than their own existence. Justin and Sheldon were going day by day, just surviving but not really living.

We had both become prisons of our own minds
. This quote alone speaks volumes and is the truth of so many people around the world today.

Once again, you have excelled yourself Bard. I really enjoyed A Proper Push and you should be more than proud of this entry into the anthology.

Bev