This is my first attempt at a story here, and I know Myr and Dan is probably sticking 6 inch needles in a Skeletor action figure with my name written in blood on the back or something.

Anyways, I've been told to post the comments here.

Holland is actually a lakeside town on the "main" peninsula of Michigan... and by lakeside I mean Lake Michigan. Michigan actually has shores of 4 of the 5 Great Lakes and Lake St. Clare as well... The state, was mostly settled by people of Dutch origin, so it's no surprise to find a town named Holland there.

I've also been asked what the foreign sounding stuff meant. Losely translated, it says "Good day, ma'am. Farewell." I'm not giving away what language that is yet, for that would be an important part of the main plot (if I ever get that far).

Would anyone like to see more, or should I just not bother? I know I'm not Dan or Dom :)

Doh! Missed this... The story can be found in this forum thread.

Now I can post... LOL! Well, like I said in the email, you have me most intrigued with this story, so you just gotta keep going. You said "hopefully, I'll write more"; while that is encouraging, I still wanna hear a definite yes!!!!! You show far too much potential to quit now, so get that second chapter posted soon, or we'll have to have DK work you over... whichever way will get you writing... LOL!

Love and Peace,

Solace

You said "hopefully, I'll write more"; while that is encouraging, I still wanna hear a definite yes!!!!!
You'll be happy to know I'm halfway through Chapter 2 at the moment.
or we'll have to have DK work you over... whichever way will get you writing... LOL!
That sounds... rather enjoyable :) It's a pity he's miles away :)

One question for you guys - do the "non-English" elements in the story turn you off?

Not at all. I actually found it to be kinda like a cliffhanger, as I figure it will come later on in the story. Besides, I like the idea of learning something new!

Also, I am glad to hear about Chapter Two... so I am taking that as a definite YES... LOL! Can't wait to see it!

Love and Peace,

Solace

I'd love to see more too!!!  I liked the 1st chapter.  Thanks for sharing!

Vic

Oooh, I forgot my editor was busy today... you guys just have to wait an additional day for Chapter 2. It's boring though, but since I need to set the scene for future chapters, it's a necessary evil.

I hope this is where to put this for chapter two, but I just wanted to let you know that I thought it was very good... I like the routine of his life and how he reflects on things... much like we do in real life. That makes for believable characters, and it gives us a connection to them. Can't wait for more!

Love and Peace,

Solace

You said "hopefully, I'll write more"; while that is encouraging, I still wanna hear a definite yes!!!!!
You'll be happy to know I'm halfway through Chapter 2 at the moment.
or we'll have to have DK work you over... whichever way will get you writing... LOL!
That sounds... rather enjoyable :) It's a pity he's miles away :)

One question for you guys - do the "non-English" elements in the story turn you off?

Did I miss something..or was the first chapter supposed to end with the men leaving..and the lunch to start?

no, the non English didn't turn me off....I wasn't sure what it meant but Matt seemed to know what it meant...so i was hoping he would tell me...LOL

I have a question..is Matt bisexual? or Gay or str8? he commented on both the female anchor's physical shape and Ray's sexy body....at first I thought Matt was Gay but then I saw him drooling over the physical features of the female anchor..then i was just confused.

Michael

I have a question..is Matt bisexual? or Gay or str8? he commented on both the female anchor's physical shape and Ray's sexy body....at first I thought Matt was Gay but then I saw him drooling over the physical features of the female anchor..then i was just confused.
I had no idea when I wrote 1, which is why you have the confusion there. You'll probably get an answer in 4, I think, if I ever write that far.
Ooooo.  If that only took you a minute or two to construct, then it shouldn't take too much for you to construct a bit more in ROH 4.  If language skills are used, they don't atrophy!

:D

If you want to read norwegian, head over to http://www.nyheter.no That's my online Norwegian newspaper of choice. Ha det!

Great job with chapter three Novelty! I really enjoy Matt and Ray's interactions, as they seem to really know one another well. It is easy to picture them as age-old friends, as I find a calming comfort between them. That has me captivated as I await for more.... GREAT JOB!

Love and Peace,

Solace

Heh, strangersagain challenged me to describe Hillary Clinton in the chatroom so...

[Novelty] I was sitting in the Barnes and Noble in Times Square, New York. It was a huge break for me as I was signing copies of my first book, Ray of Hope, here in Times Square. Apparently, all it takes these days for a book to reach #1 on the New York Times bestseller's list was to get it mantioned on Oprah.

[Novelty] "And who should I make this to?", I asked, almost in a monotone.

[Novelty] "Hillary," came a clear crisp voice.

[Novelty] I looked up and there was Senator Hillary Clinton looking at me. She had bought a copy of Ray of Hope and had wished me to sign it.

[Novelty] She was dressed in a sea blue suit, with a flowery blue and green scarf arranged neatly around her neck. Her short blonde hair was perfect, as always. She was staring at me with her sapphire blue eyes and for the first time I noticed the crow's feet around them. Her lips were unadorned with lipstick, and at that moment was smirking in my direction. She smelt of something nice, Chanel perfume perhaps? I have no idea about ladies perfumes. And the voice was exactly the same as the soundbytes that TV or radio news.  However I had never dreamed that she'd be here asking me to sign my book for her.

[Novelty] "I should ask you for your autographed" I said to Senator Clinton once I've recovered my voice.

[Novelty] "Well, my book is over there.", she said to me and pointed towards the aisle on my left.

[Novelty] I laughed at her and autographed her copy of Ray of Hope.

Not a true story.