STOP-LOSS movie

Oh how I love Ryan, but I did notice him trying out a thick southern accent and it's sad to say, but if I find something annoying, the entire message of the movie is lost on me.. lol. Even though, it does convey an aspect of the Military that is unfair, I doubt I'll be able to get past the fake southern accents.. But, at least, from what I've read about the movie, it does seem like a movie well put together. I love the director Kimberly Pierce as well so I may just watch it because I know it was in good hands with her.. lol. I just hope it was only a few parts the southern accent is laid on thick. I like slight southern accents, but the fake ones are just... terrible and unnecessary as not everyone who lives in the south has one. I don't have one.

The eye-candy will definitely be good though. :wub:

Oh how I love Ryan, but I did notice him trying out a thick southern accent and it's sad to say, but if I find something annoying, the entire message of the movie is lost on me.. lol. Even though, it does convey an aspect of the Military that is unfair, I doubt I'll be able to get past the fake southern accents.. But, at least, from what I've read about the movie, it does seem like a movie well put together. I love the director Kimberly Pierce as well so I may just watch it because I know it was in good hands with her.. lol. I just hope it was only a few parts the southern accent is laid on thick. I like slight southern accents, but the fake ones are just... terrible and unnecessary as not everyone who lives in the south has one. I don't have one.

The eye-candy will definitely be good though. :wub:

I thought the accents were believable. The setting/hometown for the characters is East-central Texas and the accents were subtle.

What is incredible is the acting. Phillippe, Tatum and Gordon-Levitt are exceptional in their portrayals of soldiers in battle action and when they return home from Iraq. The female lead, Abbie Cornish, is very effective. The lead sentence from Rolling Stone's review hits it on the head: Here's the first major movie of the new year that touches greatness...

Fair warning. Fantastic eye candy aside, this is a movie with a powerful message. It presents startling images, stirs deep emotions and provokes challenging thoughts about this war. The movie touched me deeply.

Go see it!

Jack B)

Ok then. You've sold the movie to me.. lol. I did some more research and watched the trailer again as well. I know that Gordon-Levitt and Ryan are good actors. I just haven't ever seen a good movie from Tatum at all.. he is a model/actor though. :P It does have a good message and I love the Director, so yeah, I'll give the movie a watch when it hits Blockbuster.. lol. I don't like theaters too much at all.

Hmm, looks like a good cast, but I can't stand any sort of movie about war, natural disasters, or sports. So I pretty much just refuse to watch those movies outright regardless of how good they're supposed to be. The subject matter tends to either leave me bored, annoyed, or upset so I simply refuse to put myself through it.