My first attempt at a novel...

Hi guys

I've just posted Chapter 1 of 'Apocalypse Then', a novel I started writing a few months ago, just to see if I could. It's in the Library.

Please tell me if you think it's any good - I'm completely unable to judge my own writing - or edit it for that mattter.

Need feeback!

Sometimes it's so much easier to edit someone elses writing.  Will PM you a few things I noticed... if you need an editor, I hope you'll give me the right of first refusal :)

Thanks Novelty. I get far too close to my own work to see it objectively.

Oh, and if you want me to edit your second chapter I still need you to cut and paste it into your email - the file you sent isn't downloading.

:D

Chris

I'm completely unable to judge my own writing - or edit it for that mattter.
Nothing uncommon about that at all. It usually takes me two or three passes on my POSTS to get all the typos :( and its always easier to find other peoples mistakes! Good luck with the story.
There better be MORE to this story, Kit, or I'll be disappointed. 

Very good beginning.  a little short, but a fine start.  I look forward to more!

Thanks.

I started writing it a while ago, and I already have four chapters (although they need a bit of work).

Chris

Only two problems, one minor and one a little bigger...

Minor - I got through about 4 paragraphs before going back up and re-reading and noticing the date. Ya, the title of the chapter should have clued me in (I blame it on the allergy meds). Um, maybe bold the date?

Major...

I WANT MORE... heh - seriously, liking it so far - please keep on going, I can't wait to see what happens next.

:P

Cool. I'll try and get the third chapter up by tomorrow (although I've got a mardi gras fundraiser ball to go to so maybe not).

I'll try and remember to bold the dates up as well. As each new character is introduced in 2004, they'll get a flashback to 1992.

Loved it - another great chapter Kit - definately has me wanting more, to see where you take this... Pacing of the story has been good too - introducing new characters slow enough for us to get a feel for them, but continuing to drop intriguing clues about where the story will be going.

And then some reason, I giggled when I saw the phrase:

Once she