A suggestions for the 'Authors Story Page'

boy on a string

Hi all.

I am an avid reader. I usually like to read completed stories, for there are times that there are long wait between chapters, or worse, something happens and the author never completes a story (I have found this true on Nifty, and at times in the story archive here.

I notice on Dan Kirks site, that his stories have a status that states whether the story is 'complete' or 'in progress'. I have only checked a few of the authors, for there are now so many of them, and I have noticed that the authors that I have checked don't have this on there pages.

It would be nice, when I am browsing to know if a story is complete or in-progress, for there is so much to read, and so little time to do it in.

I am wondering there would be a way to change things so I (we?) could see if a story was complete or in-progress when I (we?) browse through there sites?

Thanks

There are three authors that I follow who use this technique... C James. dkstories and Shadowgod.

I completely agree with you, mate... There should be a status icon on the main index page as well. :)

Thanks

BeaStKid

I agree! There's nothing more frustrating than to start a story that an author has put on Hiatus. I also know that from comments I've seen in the forums from time to time that there are a number of readers who won't start a story until it's complete.

Steve

I am wondering there would be a way to change things so I (we?) could see if a story was complete or in-progress when I (we?) browse through there sites?

I found the same thing when I got roped into reading Dom Luka's sequel In the Fish Bowl! Most of them do have a last updated date, which is nice, well, after the fact.

I'm trying to do my part... I added 'completed' and 'in progress' to Krista's stories when I created her new author site. Some of the older sites need to be re-designed (code-wise), so hopefully we can add it there as well. I'd go through and add it to all of the sites, but I don't have access... yet... *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* ;)

Thanks,

Steph :D

I agree, it's nice when you start reading a story to know if it's still being updated or not. Also, I'm glad that the main writers that I'm reading do make the mention completed or not.

Like corvus said,, in the eFiction,, the author can say if it's finished or not.

• Site Administrator

I am guilty on my site of having half the statuses listed. It is on my list of things to do as I redo the site.

It is also on my list of things to do as I redo GA.

The Story Archive also has a status listed. (I can't promise that it is up to date though)