Romantic Songs

AFriendlyFace

:angry:So for the past several days I haven't been able to stop listening to

By Ben Folds

It's most definitely one of the most romantic songs I've ever heard, in fact I'd be hard pressed to come up with a song I consider more romantic. LOL and I'm not even seeing anyone or 'in love' I'm sure it would be on a continuous loop if I were :P:boy:

I also think, "Good Morning Beautiful" By Steve Holy is also freakishly romantic. I think you have to sorta like, or at least be able to tolerate, country music to appreciate it though. In any case I know I'd completely melt if I ever had a boyfriend that sang, or even just quoted, that to me when we woke up one morning. :wub:

So those are my two romantic songs. What ones do you guys like?

-Kevin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Flying Without Wings by Westlife and When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban. The Rose too, cover sang by Westlife but I don't know who the original artist was.

I could never get into "When You Say You Love Me".

I adore "The Rose" by Bette Middler, I've never heard the Westlife version, but I checked it out; it was pretty good! It's a really good song in general :)

I also checked out "Flying Without Wings", it's a pretty good song, but not really my taste. But wow! Those guys are seriously cute! I'd never really realized that before. Are those their real eyes in that video for the song?

Some of you might know this, but I have to be enamored by love songs in other langauges, especially French; Italian; and Spanish. This song is so beautiful. This vid allows you to see the words and hear them in French. The song is called Hymne a L'Amour. I can listen to it several times a day and never grow tired of it. Then there is Time to Say Goodbye. Despite it's title, the song is mostly in Italian. The translation can be found here. Last but not least, there is

. It may be a break-up song, but it's the most romantic one EVER! Are there any songs in English that compare to these three? You can be the judges. :) Hymne a L'Amour and Si Volvieras a Mi both the the lyrics in the video.

Just thought I'd mention two personal favorites: I've got a thing for

, and the video is really something special -- simple, direct, and powerful.

On the much more melodramatic side, about breaking up (in French by the way, with unusually literal subtitles) is Ne Me Quitte Pas by Jacques Brel -- just watching his sweat-drenched face just about tells the story.

-- Raro

I know the band broke up a long time ago, but I still love the romantic songs I Knew I Loved You and Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. I think what makes them really special is that they were mostly likely written about a man loving another man. :D

OMG alot !!!

Lost by Faith hill ...

Awsome song she ever made from There You Be ... Everything in the song was great from lyric , rythym until the way she sang .... i'm in love with her .

Nine million Bycycle by Kate Mulan ...I'm Fall in love at the first time i heard it ...and try this one : Blame it on the moon

Video clip so simple but effective : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTy3WA0Pq8M

Alot of song by Dido: White flag , Thank you , Here with me ...Damn !!! What a angel voice ...

you known Jessica Simpon right ...I not really impress with on her song ( and her image ) but only one song ( yes , only one song!!!) from her made me take a bow : To Fall in Love Agian ...Check it out :

Same with J-Lo : Could this be love from her first album On the 6

God !!! i had a lot

So I have a lot of these... but I'll just name a few.

"I Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain

"When You Say Nothing At All" by Alison Krauss

"Come What May" by Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor

Those songs by Savage Garden are pretty amazing too, even if they did break up, as is their song "Crash and Burn".

Just thought I'd mention two personal favorites: I've got a thing for
, and the video is really something special -- simple, direct, and powerful.

Oh I thoroughly agree! That song would definitely make my list as well! I've always loved it :D

This might be consisdered one, it's an oldie

Dream A Little Dream Me by The Mamas and the Papas.

That's a very good song and one I quite like, but I don't think of it as incredibly romantic, personally.

I dunno if it can really be considered as "romantic" but for me, it would be : "leaving on a jet plane" by John Denver (or its rendition by peter paul & mary

"So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that youll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go"

I dunno if it can really be considered as "romantic" but for me, it would be : "leaving on a jet plane" by John Denver (or its rendition? by peter paul & mary

"So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that youll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go"

B) ...........Actually I'm not real sure who sang it first, but PP&M sang it waaayyyy before John Denver. (Might of been Bob Dylan)

Edited by Benji

I just thought of another Savage Garden song I love. It's called Crash and Burn. "If you need to fall apart, I can mend a broken heart." That's so romantic. There's also a Rascal Flatts song called God Blessed The Broken Road and a Lonestar song called I'm Already There. The latter has made me cry a time or two.

B) ...........Actually I'm not real sure who sang it first, but PP&M sang it waaayyyy before John Denver. (Might of been Bob Dylan)

Well Benji you're right,, it's PP&M, when they covered it, that made the song a hit and more popular in 1969,, but it was written by John Denver in 1967 in an airport waiting for his plane, that was delayed, to take off,, and as such he was the first one to sing it :P

Edited by FrenchCanadian

Not relevant for gay males, but still I think Brad Paisley's song "Put That Toilet Seat Down" is incredibly romantic, and not just humorous. It assumes an intimacy and maturity of relationship which could be a hope for just about anybody.

I just thought of another Savage Garden song I love. It's called Crash and Burn. "If you need to fall apart, I can mend a broken heart." That's so romantic. There's also a Rascal Flatts song called God Blessed The Broken Road and a Lonestar song called I'm Already There. The latter has made me cry a time or two.

I totally agree with all three of those, especially "Crash and Burn", as I noted in my earlier post :D . Also by Lonestar is "Amazed" which is also a pretty romantic song. Not as powerfully romantic as "I'm Already There", but still pretty good romantic song. Even though for personal reasons I'm sick of the song, "Collide" by Howie Day is also pretty romantic, as is my current favourite song, "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.

I could go on, seriously. One thing I'm a sucker for is a good love song, so naturally I know way too many B)

~Mikie

I dunno if it can really be considered as "romantic" but for me, it would be : "leaving on a jet plane" by John Denver (or its rendition by peter paul & mary

I love that song! Personally, I've never found it really romantic, but it's one of my all time favourites, only the version I prefer is by Frank Sinatra. I also always assumed he was the first to do the song.

Not relevant for gay males, but still I think Brad Paisley's song "Put That Toilet Seat Down" is incredibly romantic, and not just humorous. It assumes an intimacy and maturity of relationship which could be a hope for just about anybody.

I'm going to have to check that song out!

I totally agree with all three of those, especially "Crash and Burn", as I noted in my earlier post :D . Also by Lonestar is "Amazed" which is also a pretty romantic song. Not as powerfully romantic as "I'm Already There", but still pretty good romantic song. Even though for personal reasons I'm sick of the song, "Collide" by Howie Day is also pretty romantic, as is my current favourite song, "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.

I agree about "Amazed" and to some extent "Collide" as well.

I wrote about a song in my blog a few months ago that I find really romantic, "Ever The Same" by Rob Thomas.

"Just let me hold you while you're falling apart

Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down

Fall on me

Tell me everything you want me to be

Forever with you forever in me

Ever the same"

Moby - Love Should is a great romantic song. Although for a while I completely overplayed it, I still think Chasing Cars is lso really romantic. Jem - Flying High is another great one.

I don't know if I would call it romantic, but "Here In Your Arms" is a really cute song. I love the line "you are the one, the one that lies close to me. whispers, 'hello, i miss you quite terribly.'"