Scent

Menzoberranzen

Off-Topic:

Ugh, you reminded me of my first grade teacher. Ugliest and fattest woman you'd never want to meet. Also the sweetest lady with a heart of gold; or maybe chocolate. Anyway, she wore makeup that I swear was an inch thick. She made us kiss her on the cheek every morning and every morning we students would spit out chunks of makeup. vomit.gif

:blink:

I didn't appreciate that at first until I worked out where you were going with it! :boy:

A few months ago I heard something interesting on the news. Aparently there is a link between depresion and the excesive use of perfume. Maybe its mostly unhappy people use all that foul smelling stuff.

About two days ago I read an article stating that there seems to be a correlation between prostate cancer and men using petroleum based fragrances (which is evidently most of them). Don't know how accurate the research is, but it gives one pause.

I agree James. Some smells are much more pleasant than others. Another thing that really matters is deodorant. I mean, the smell of stinky pits is NEVER attractive. vomit.gif

As long as you don't smell like a goat or a dog...

There is one goat I wouldn't mind smelling. Hi CJ. wave2.gif;)

I agree James. Some smells are much more pleasant than others. Another thing that really matters is deodorant. I mean, the smell of stinky pits is NEVER attractive. vomit.gif

Fresh sweat is alright but BO is so gross. It's just not that hard to put a little deodorant under your arms every day. So there should be no reason not to wear it.

I agree with that one. Clean and deodorize those armpits as needed (at least once a day but preferably more) and shower often.

Why more than once a day? The stuff I use is good for several days. I found that out when I was in hospital and couldn't shower every day like I normally do.

Deoderent is a good thing unless it is one of those strongly scented ones. Some deoderants smell so strongly or baddly that I would almost prefer the sweaty smell.

They say that smell is the most evocative of the senses (even years later, the odors of our childhood conjure up vivid memories) but I've never really found that a person's distinctive scent is a turn on, until now. The other day I was sitting next to a friend of mine to whom I've always been attracted, and when he stood up and I caught his scent, I was floored. I've never, ever had such a visceral reaction (I was quite literally lightheaded) to someone's smell before.

Has anyone else had this sort of reaction to a person's smell?

Menzo

Indeed, I have... There was this one guy whom I simply lusted after...we were sitting quite close, after a good game of soccer and I just turned to him to say something. I got a good whiff of his scent and, I must say, did I throw the biggest wood ever!! :wub:

BeaStKid :devil:

Hm, that's possible. Overuse of perfume could be one of the many symptoms of different people with depression... everybody copes in different ways, and it's not too hard to imagine the link there. However, I would say that using a light fragrance would probably make you happier on a daily basis. :P

It's like Kevvers said, there's a serious satisfaction in grooming. If you KNOW you smell good, and people tell you so, then you're gonna feel good about yourself. :)

P.S. Stay the hell away from cucumber melon unless it's a name brand product. For the love of all that is holy, stay the HELL away from it. I have had enough poorly concocted cucumber melon to last me six lifetimes, from both guys and girls. If you're gonna do it, do it big and invest in a name brand shampoo/lotion/soap/perfume/whatever. No, Suave does not count as a name brand. In fact, nothing in Wal-Mart counts as a name brand. -_-

Lol am I safe with Head and Shoulders shampoo (I have dandruff, sorta) and Old Spice body wash? Even if you say no I will continue using those lmao.

Why more than once a day? The stuff I use is good for several days. I found that out when I was in hospital and couldn't shower every day like I normally do.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Barring HEAVY activity, my deodorant of choice usually works absolutely wonderfully. I've gotten stuck away from home with no change of clothing or anything, so unable to shower, and yeah, armpits still smell just like deodorant a day or two later.

Now, should one do this frequently? Nah, but it's damned nice to know that you're safe if something crazy happens. And besides... how the hell do you get smelly so fast that good deodorant/anti-perspirant won't last you at least a day? Unless you're doing heavy excercise, then yeah.

Lol am I safe with Head and Shoulders shampoo (I have dandruff, sorta) and Old Spice body wash? Even if you say no I will continue using those lmao.

Well you ought to be "okay", but uh.... sounds like a 'mature' scent you've got going on there, Robbie :P:boy:

On the other hand with some of the body washes and lotions I've used in the past I've probably smelled like a 15 year old girl before, so what do I know :unsure:

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Barring HEAVY activity, my deodorant of choice usually works absolutely wonderfully. I've gotten stuck away from home with no change of clothing or anything, so unable to shower, and yeah, armpits still smell just like deodorant a day or two later.

Now, should one do this frequently? Nah, but it's damned nice to know that you're safe if something crazy happens. And besides... how the hell do you get smelly so fast that good deodorant/anti-perspirant won't last you at least a day? Unless you're doing heavy excercise, then yeah.

LOL this just reminds me of a deodorant commercial so much!

It's good to be "Sure" :boy:

When getting frisky I prefer plain armpits. But yeah, in general I'd much rather smell like deodorant than have BO.

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha and just yesterday i thought i was a weirdo because i like certian smells. Oh man some women i agree were way to much perfume and it kills people around them. I had a drama teacher once and you knew the man was in that room a hour after he left the room. Ashtma attack central for anyone who had asthma. I didnt but my eyes would sure water and itch.

Some people are gross too and they dont bathe so they just bottle on the deadorant or the perfume. Axe how dirty books get clean! Its true every gross dirty guy i can think of wears axe and just sprays the whole can instead of taking a damn shower.

Yeah, so I wore his jacket the other day (the guy who caused me to start this thread) and I have never been so attracted to myself :P

He smelled real bad like sweat?

There are smells on guys im attracted too. really strong sweat makes me gag.

He smelled real bad like sweat?

There are smells on guys im attracted too. really strong sweat makes me gag.

Yeah, some sweat is good. Other times it just means you need a clothing pin over your nose.

I have a question though...

Does a scent become more alluring if you're physically attracted to that person? As to asociating the scent with the person, which gives a thrill then?

See this kind of topic is exactly why I joined GA.

So I love the fragrances we use as a matter of course. But I gravitate toward the lighter, fresher, powdery "daytime" scents. My boyfriend and I have started to kind of make shopping for interesting fragrances a fun little project when we travel. The trick is for us to find something that we both like because (1) we want to like the way each other smells and (2) we found that when we wore individual colognes, when we got close enough to smell each other, sometimes our two respective scents smelled kind of weird and funky together. Kind of like how awful it can sound when two perfectly good songs are played atop one another.

So now we shop for scents that we can both wear when we spend time together. And it encourages compromise sense there are some fragrances I would never pick for myself, but somehow they seem to "fit" us as a couple.

I have a couple of bottles of stuff that I wear when we aren't spending time together, but more and more I find myself just picking one of our "shared" scents even on days when we aren't gonna see each other. Just that little shift in my behavior feels kinda nice.

What we've been wearing: Hollister, Tom Ford, Diesel, Bugavi Aqua

I agree with that one. Clean and deodorize those armpits as needed (at least once a day but preferably more) and shower often.

I'd suggest getting a third person to do a sniff test to verify. We had a friend who swore he didn't smell anything except his deodorant when he'd sniff under his arm, but we all smelled body odor . For some people, they are so used to their own scent (better yet immune to their own scent) that they don't realize that others smell B.O.

Take Care® & smell fresh,

Vic

Edited by NaperVic

Does a scent become more alluring if you're physically attracted to that person? As to asociating the scent with the person, which gives a thrill then?

In my case my partner never wore any kind of cologne. He had, as we all do, a unique scent. I can still smell that scent in my mind even though he's long since died. I'm not sure I'd call it a thrill. But I always felt comfortable and safe when I rested my head on his chest and inhaled his scent.

I'd suggest getting a third person to do a sniff test to verify. We had a friend who swore he didn't smell anything except his deodorant when he'd sniff under his arm, but we all smelled body odor . For some people, they are so used to their own scent (better yet immune to their own scent) that they don't realize that others smell B.O.

I kept asking my nurse if I needed a shower. She told me I was fine.

I have a question though...

I'm quite sure it does actually. The scent becomes an intoxicant and makes you want to get closer to that person. ;)