Your Dream Journey

Procyon

There are so many countries I would love to visit, Japan being the top of my list at the moment! If I'm lucky though I'll get to go see my brother while he's out there working next year, I can't wait ^^ I'd also love to drive across the States. My sister did this a few years back and said it was fantastic, it'd also be a good opportunity to see all my friends out there! The same goes for Canada as well, we have lots of family over there and it'd be good to see them all. South America is also high on my list, I've got quite a few friends out there, and a few family members too. I'd love to go to Bangladesh and India with my friends from school, who I know also want to get out there to see family. Egypt and Greece are also very high on my list as well as Croatia. There's probably more countries I'd love to visit but I can't think of them at the moment, though I'm sure as soon as I post this message I'll remember them :lol:

• Site Administrator
Another one I have is actually going to another planet in a distant galaxy. That would be totally awesome. :D

Yes, Yes, Yes!

My previous post was on our realistic dream journey. Travelling through space, visiting exotic planets is my personal, ultimate dream journey :wub:

I told my youngest boy earlier this year that he could be on the first manned voyage to Mars (NASA say that those currently aged between five and fifteen are likely to be the ones on that trip). He just stared at me, and then replied: "I don't want to go to Mars. I want to go to Saturn!"

No guesses at which is his favourite planet :D

Saturn is definitely interesting. However, it is actually a giant ball of gas, but Saturn has a lot of moons. One would be habitable if not for the sheer cold factor. The air temperatures on the surface would not be suitable for human life. That does not mean that there couldn't be adjustments in the future that would allow it.

Edited by Tiger

Yes but travel to Saturn is very unrealistic at this time, there mere thought of the time it would take to get there puts the idea out of question. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to visit Saturn or Saturns moons :lol:

Edited by Dalmatia

Yes, Yes, Yes!

My previous post was on our realistic dream journey. Travelling through space, visiting exotic planets is my personal, ultimate dream journey :wub:

I told my youngest boy earlier this year that he could be on the first manned voyage to Mars (NASA say that those currently aged between five and fifteen are likely to be the ones on that trip). He just stared at me, and then replied: "I don't want to go to Mars. I want to go to Saturn!"

No guesses at which is his favourite planet :D

My son doesn't want to go to Mars!! Or any other planet... I don't get it, that was my greatest dream when I was a kid, to go to a) the moon, b ) Mars, or c ) some other nice planet.

A couple of Jupiter's moons are on my list, and going out of our solar system would also be cool. I'm beginning to realise that it won't happen, but yeah... ;)

I want to go to Ghana to watch the men play the Djembe drums while the women dance. I want to play Jumbo with the village children in the streets.

I want to spend Carnivale watching teams Samba down the streets of Rio De Janeiro.

I want to stand under a mango tree in Venezuela and wait for the ripe fruit to fall into my hands and then eat it for breakfast, like my grandfather did 60 years ago when he worked on a pineapple plantation there.

I want to go to the Tampobata clay licks in the rain forest of Peru and watch the Macaws flock by the thousands. And maybe while I'm there take a detour to the Andes and buy a blanket hand knit from the wool of the alpacas that the artisans surely raise themselves.

I want to go Jaipur, India and watch the parade of painted elephants during their Elephant Festival.

I could go on and on forever. But I guess the moral of the story is I basically want to do everything.

Yes but travel to Saturn is very unrealistic at this time,

The dollar is very low right now, so the exchange rate is terrible. Then there's $15 to check the first bag and $25 for the second. Now that they charge you $2 for a bottle of water, think how much that would run on a trip of that duration.

The dollar is very low right now, so the exchange rate is terrible. Then there's $15 to check the first bag and $25 for the second. Now that they charge you $2 for a bottle of water, think how much that would run on a trip of that duration.

I don't think they'd use jet fuel for that. In fact, they already use hydrogen. The problem is that there isn't a fuel efficient enough to make the entire trip to Saturn at this point in time. It's definitely unrealistic in the early 21st century. It may be by the end of the 21st century, but it's too soon to tell.

Yes but travel to Saturn is very unrealistic at this time, there mere thought of the time it would take to get there puts the idea out of question. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to visit Saturn or Saturns moons :lol:

I think they'd charge you even more for the bags, and imagine the airport taxes! Also, it'd be annoying to not make it back home in one's own lifetime. And I'm sure the supplies of pickled herring would be low.