Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Chronicles of An Academic Predator

Greetings Citizens of GA

I just posted some chapters of my story on e-fiction. It's a long read, and when it's done will probably top the longest story list, but hopefully it's worth your time. My hero, Sharon, worked hard to edit it for me, so you know the grammar and spelling will be good.

I like historical themes so I set this one in 1962 and 1963. Definitely a different time, before the Civil Rights Act when African-Americans weren't even "black" yet, they were Negroes or coloreds. The Cold War was intense, with the threat of vaporization in the air, and the conflict in Vietnam was just starting to attract attention. Space exploration was just starting with the Mercury Program and men and women orbiting earth. Color Television was an extreme luxury, Ford hadn't introduced the Mustang yet, and Honda wasn't even selling cars in the U.S.

I developed the story of a young professor from a small Ohio city who struggles with being with being a homosexual, with falling in love with his best friend, with lurid sexual encounters, and ultimately becomes enmeshed in a quest to find love.

For those of you who take the time to read CAP, thank you, and for those of you who take the time to leave feedback and suggestions, I am even more appreciative.

• 2 months later...

This is the first fiction story I've written. I've completed it and two others, with a fourth in production. I asked one of my best on-line friends to read this stuff, and give me feedback. He read CAP first, and whined about the first 8 chapters. Once he got to the next eight, though, he said he was hooked. He said it was interesting to watch my get my writing "sea legs" as I went along.

So for those of you who opt to tackle this story, try to trudge through the first 8 chapters. It gets better after that. :D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..