I was so excited when I saw chappy 21. I was practicly doing cartwheels. I did re-read chappy 20. Ive read the story so many times, about 5 or so, I had no need to reread the rest. I was more in a hurry to read the NEW chappy.

Kyle is driving me right around the bend. Yes, he's caring and takes relationships seriously. However, Kyle seems to have little patience or understanding for Travis whenever he (Travis) doesn't meet his (Kyle) "friend" criteria. Kyle should hand out a list whenever he wants someone to be his friend. The first item is "You must share all your secrets with me." Kyle's reaction to Travis' homosexuality strikes me as being the average reaction from a straight "friend". He pulls the BS about feeling betayed. "You didn't trust me enough to tell me!" Yes, it's all about you, Kyle.

Kyle thinks he knows exactly what's good for Travis, as he kows what's good for his goldfish. He may be willing to let it learn from its own mistakes, but Kyle would still be able to clearly distinguish a mistake from the right thing. Homosexuality is not the right thing, and so Kyle feels entitled to oppose Travis' gay lifestyle. Acknowledging that other people might know better what is good for them has been beyond his grasp.

I had to reread the last couple of chapters and reacquaint myself with the characters. This chapter is awesome but I want some Dennis/Travis detail! All we got was: kiss ... wake up next morning. Oh well, it's still amazing even without the detail :D

On to chapter 22! I already have it printed out for reading before i sleep :)

Edited by writeincode
  • 2 weeks later...
I had to reread the last couple of chapters and reacquaint myself with the characters. This chapter is awesome but I want some Dennis/Travis detail! All we got was: kiss ... wake up next morning. Oh well, it's still amazing even without the detail :D

Sophie, I think you and I are the only ones who want details :D . Maybe we should start a new cooperative to fill in all the missing scenes in ITFB? You know, the non-PG version :)