:lol: . That's how I feel now that it's been publicly announced in Dom's latest blog entry that there are existing, ready to go Chapters of ITFB. You don't know how hard it's been to keep that on the down low :wacko: .

So with ITFB Ch 21 coming out soon*, what do you think? Any guesses on what will happen with Dennis & Travis? A trip to the hot tub perhaps? And we didn't really hear about Aiden in Ch 20, you know he'll probably rear his long haired head into Owen's business.

Some of you might have to go back and re-read Chapters 1-20 just to get the fruit punch taste back on your lips.

Take Care

Edited by NaperVic

I think...that I need to go re-read the first 20 chapters. But not tonight, because I have learned the hard way that starting anything written by Dom at 4 in the morning has a negative impact on academic and professional performance the next day. Even though it's been entirely worth it every time I've done it. :whistle:

My predictions are the following: Having observed Travis and Owen kissing and after the new incident with Leo, Dennis realizes that his life is inextricably messed up and decides to leave town in order to start over somewhere else. Travis and Owen will be together, although Dom hasn't let on yet that Travis is interested in Owen that much. But maybe Travis has yet to become aware of that himself.

Dennis realizes that his life is inextricably messed up and decides to leave town in order to start over somewhere else.

Shortly after he arrives in Phoenix, he meets a guy named Taylor in the park. But before he can say anything, he is attacked by a dog and is rushed to the hospital.

[it posted my message twice somehow. I may need to get a new mouse for this old computer I'm using today. Sometimes I click once and it registers twice. Maybe there is some kind of feedback loop in the USB hub, alternatively. Anyhow, someone with the power to do so may delete this post, please. I'm not really that desperate to get to 1000 posts.]

Edited by glomph
:lol: . That's how I feel now that it's been publicly announced in Dom's latest blog entry that there are existing, ready to go Chapters of ITFB. You don't know how hard it's been to keep that on the down low :wacko: .

So with ITFB Ch 21 coming out soon*, what do you think? Any guesses on what will happen with Dennis & Travis? A trip to the hot tub perhaps? And we didn't really hear about Aiden in Ch 20, you know he'll probably rear his long haired head into Owen's business.

Some of you might have to go back and re-read Chapters 1-20 just to get the fruit punch taste back on your lips.

Take Care

Even moreso, though, I can't wait for him to finish With Trust. Does he have any unpublished chapter on that one?

I don't think so; he hasn't mentioned it. As I recall, he hit writer's block on WT and set it aside (April 2006) while he worked on TOSOM (July 2006) and ITFB (January 2007).

I am also looking forward to more chapters of With Trust.

so... um... Dom... do you want us to post it for you? :blink:

:lol: ....................At last 21, Hey Dom great chapter, I have always loved the way you weave a story and chapter 21 was no exception. WTF is with Dennis's dad he is like changing colors or something? Travis is being very subtle in this chapter in the events enfolding, I'm not understanding his position in this episode. He comes across as angry, yet understanding!! :wacko:

Of course I enjoyed the chapter, but one thing that made me feel bleh was Kyle's reaction to Travis after discovering that Travis was gay and that Owen just didn't pull a Taylor on him.

Don't get me wrong, Bleh that it felt so real. That disappointed/disapproved reaction that I've gotten from a few friends or acquaintances when they found out I was gay. I've always handled angry better (because I can do angry back in a super bitch kinda way), but disappointed/disapproved is harder to deal with...as well it hurts more.

That was a while ago (back when I was coming out), but Kyle's reaction to Travis brought that feeling back so vividly.

I liked Kyle, hope he doesn't turn into an Adam.

Take Care®,

Vic

I know the feeling well, of people who I considered friends, looking down on me and walking away from me when they found out I was gay. You are right Vic, anger is easy to wrap your finger around.

As to the chapter....thanks Dom glad you are back :D

Kyle's reaction reminds me so much of what happened one day when the administrative assistant in the office where I did my graduate research, in frustration with the runaround she was getting from a supplier, blurted out, "those assholes are such Jews." We hardly spoke to each other for the next few years after that. It's hard to reconcile how anyone can perpetuate stereotypes and outright bigotry and hatred when they know and interact with people on a daily basis who disprove all their preconceptions, and yet they cling to their upbringing. Kyle seemed to be fine with Owen and Aiden, yet he certainly had a different attitude around Travis when he thought Travis was straight - actually apologizing for Owen's behavior behind his back and offering to go to Chris - not Tony, but Chris (as in we straight guys have to stick together). Very interesting insights, Dom, and it's great to have you back! :2thumbs:

When I saw in my e-mail that Domluca had posted i thought it was a joke. The first thing that popped into my head was, "omg he's alive". I'm not kidding. I think I need to go back and re-read the story but I just wanted to post that it is really cool that something new is up. My B-day is tomorrow but i'm counting this as an early wish come true.

Cheers,

MJ

Edited by magical_jen

wow

i was so excited when i saw that the next chapter was up!

i thought it might have been a typo or another story with the same name, by some strange coincidence :P

awesome! got me excited thinking about what might be posted next

nicely done, dom :D

We all know Joe the Plumber. Now we know Travis the Philosopher:

Plumbery would be a career for Dennis to consider embarking on. His inertia is enervating. I hate to say it, but his dad may have a point there. Dom uses that as a means of building up tension I guess. The reader is expecting something to happen, but it just doesn't happen.

OMG!

Chapter 21 of ITFB! :read::D:worship::2thumbs:

I should probably read again the previous chapters, since I know I am missing some pieces. I have enjoyed this chapter very much. Kyle reaction to the realization that Travis is gay wa well written... bu know I'm not especially fon of Kyle. I do hope that he will not behave like Adam did.

Now, if only Aiden and Owen would stop to dance around each other, I'd be happier.

Kyle is driving me right around the bend. Yes, he's caring and takes relationships seriously. However, Kyle seems to have little patience or understanding for Travis whenever he (Travis) doesn't meet his (Kyle) "friend" criteria. Kyle should hand out a list whenever he wants someone to be his friend. The first item is "You must share all your secrets with me." Kyle's reaction to Travis' homosexuality strikes me as being the average reaction from a straight "friend". He pulls the BS about feeling betayed. "You didn't trust me enough to tell me!" Yes, it's all about you, Kyle.

Travis does seem quite comfortable with his sexuality. Good on him. Given the demons he already had from his formative years, maybe accepting his sexuality was a walk in the park. I don't know.

I'm really quite enjoying the Travis / Dennis relationship. Dennis has grown on me immensely since TLW.

Great chapter, Dom! :worship::worship:

Conner