Hi......

Hi everyone......

I'm realy new here, and would like o get to know some of you.... I'm haveing a very bad month, and need someone to talk to....

You must still be in HS. You planning to go to college? If not, GO! You'll find it liberating.

First, welcome to the GA web site. There are a lot of very good people here, and a lot of people who both share your thoughts, hopes, and pains; and also who are very supportive without being "in your face." I've been a member for only about two months, but have found some wonderful friends, here.

Second, please know that there are a lot of people here who will offer you a figurative hug any time you need one. It's not as good as a real hug, but it's no less sincere.

Third, know that we all have our bad months and our good ones, and that we support one another during the bad ones, and celebrate with each other during the good ones.

Hey, here's a figurative hug.

Love, David

Yes I am in HS, but I'm homeschooled. I do plan on going to College.

My personal experiences are that once you escape from home, er, excuse me, I mean go off to college, you'll have a lot more freedom to be yourself. Especially if you are no longer financially dependent on your parents. Not only that, but college students go through a major metamorphosis in their freshman year. You'll probably find that people who would have picked on you before for being a fag may not give a shit that you're gay. That, and most universities have resources for GLBT students. The University of Missouri has a program called "Safe Space," and professors or admin people who are willing to support and counsel GLBT students have a "Safe Space" sign on their door so you know you'll find an accepting person inside.

This won't help you for the next few months, but hope is a powerful thing, and maybe the knowledge that a solution to your problem is around the corner will make the next few months bearable. Plus, maybe when you get to college you'll get laid. That's sure to be a motivator. :P

First, welcome to the GA web site. There are a lot of very good people here, and a lot of people who both share your thoughts, hopes, and pains; and also who are very supportive without being "in your face." I've been a member for only about two months, but have found some wonderful friends, here.

Second, please know that there are a lot of people here who will offer you a figurative hug any time you need one. It's not as good as a real hug, but it's no less sincere.

Third, know that we all have our bad months and our good ones, and that we support one another during the bad ones, and celebrate with each other during the good ones.

Hey, here's a figurative hug.

Love, David

Thanks *hugs back*

My personal experiences are that once you escape from home, er, excuse me, I mean go off to college, you'll have a lot more freedom to be yourself. Especially if you are no longer financially dependent on your parents. Not only that, but college students go through a major metamorphosis in their freshman year. You'll probably find that people who would have picked on you before for being a fag may not give a shit that you're gay. That, and most universities have resources for GLBT students. The University of Missouri has a program called "Safe Space," and professors or admin people who are willing to support and counsel GLBT students have a "Safe Space" sign on their door so you know you'll find an accepting person inside.

This won't help you for the next few months, but hope is a powerful thing, and maybe the knowledge that a solution to your problem is around the corner will make the next few months bearable. Plus, maybe when you get to college you'll get laid. That's sure to be a motivator. :P

:*) It might be.....

• Site Administrator

G'day, Daichi!

If you've particular questions you'd like to ask to help you out, the Teen Forum is a good place to start. Beside lots of advice from your peers, you'll get the occasional advice from some of us older (but young at heart) members :)

I'm sorry you're having a bad month :hug: and I hope the New Year starts a lot better for you.

Good luck!

Graeme :D

Yes I am in HS, but I'm homeschooled. I do plan on going to College.

Take life a day at a time.

Start looking up all the gay friendly colleges, definitely ask ppl here what they think?

Plan to goto college when the economy is better.

There are many students that are finding out their parents can't afford it this year or next year.

You can also take community college courses. In fact a lot of students are doing so but the problem is the college having the resources to meet demand.

I hope you have been doing sports or any other things that colleges look for.

Consider building that portfolio.

I hope you have a GAY friend or GAY Friendly friend that you can talk to and share how you are doing.

Sometimes its just needing a few warm hugs to brighten your day.

Volunteering or helping out - doing something a bit unpredictable - to break the same old routine.

I hope you have a GAY friend or GAY Friendly friend that you can talk to and share how you are doing.

I wish I knew someone that was gay, or even supported gays where I live. There is a lot of bigotry going on round here. :,(

G'day, Daichi!

If you've particular questions you'd like to ask to help you out, the Teen Forum is a good place to start. Beside lots of advice from your peers, you'll get the occasional advice from some of us older (but young at heart) members :)

I'm sorry you're having a bad month :hug: and I hope the New Year starts a lot better for you.

Good luck!

Graeme :D

I hope the new year will be better too.......

And I don't mind advice from ppl who are 'slightly' older than me.

And thanks for your post.

I hope the new year will be better too.......

And I don't mind advice from ppl who are 'slightly' older than me.

And thanks for your post.

Yeah, "slightly" older guys like me, Graeme, and Hh5, we claim to have that "oh-so-desirable" trait: wisdom. And you know what? Sometimes we even do!

I think it's cool that you found this place. I think you'll find that there are a lot of really awesome young people here that have walked in your shoes. And there are us "slightly older" types who are always willing to lend an ear. You might try hanging out in "live chat" once in awhile. I've been meaning to head in there when Drewbie's around to ask him about that wicked Alfa Romeo in his avatar.