As if there isn't enough problems in the world

Benji

What's wrong with the politicians in Poland? First that minister who wanted to ban Teletubbies because she suspected that one of the Teletubbies is gay because of it wearing a handbag, and now this? I mean, sure, politicians in general are hilariously dumb, but this is off the charts. I'd laugh if they weren't actually serious about it. As it is, it just makes me kinda sad for them.

Edited by Pai-kun

People don't understand why I can't stand Colbert. He is a popular political satirist which takes idiotic positions and defends them with a straight face.

I live in the South and that's how ALL of our politicians act so Colbert just ain't that damned funny to me.

At least we're not alone in Mississippi. There is always Poland.

LOL, allow me to play Devil's Advocate a bit :devil:

A Polish politician has criticized his local zoo for acquiring a "gay" elephant named Ninio who prefers male companions and will probably not procreate, local media reported Friday.

"We didn't pay 37 million zlotys ($11 million) for the largest elephant house in Europe to have a gay elephant live there," Michal Grzes, a conservative councilor in the city of Poznan in western Poland, was quoted as saying.

"We were supposed to have a herd, but as Ninio prefers male friends over females how will he produce offspring?"

It sounds to me like the politician is simply ticked off because the elephant might not sire a herd. That not necessarily homophobic so much as it is business. If the politician feels like they made a big investment with the expectation of creating a herd of elephants, then it's no wonder that he's ticked off about this (as he likely would be if the elephant were simply sterile or something).

I think Ninio deserves to live somewhere where his sexuality will be accepted and where he can be himself, but that place isn't necessarily as the lone male elephant for a zoo with breeding aspirations.

On another note:

The head of the Poznan zoo said 10-year-old Ninio may be too young to decide whether he prefers males or females as elephants only reach sexual maturity at 14.

In other words this could all just be a phase. :rolleyes:

:lmao: Sorry had to chuckle at this one. Never seen a pink elephant! :P

:lol:

Edited by AFriendlyFace

In other words this could all just be a phase. :rolleyes:

Hey, I want to protect my pink elephants! (Oh wait, not a political statement)

If he likes experimenting with the boys, then fine let him, what is wrong with a gay elephant?

• 2 weeks later...

That elephant article reminds me of my 75 year old father, who has Alzheimer's and his favorite saying: "The world would be a great place if we could just get rid of stupid people!"

I keep warning him that, THAT would eliminate an awful lot of people.

He always smiles and gets a twinkle in his eyes when he replies; "I don't mind solitude!"

I'm with it Pal-kun. I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

That elephant article reminds me of my 75 year old father, who has Alzheimer's and his favorite saying: "The world would be a great place if we could just get rid of stupid people!"

I keep warning him that, THAT would eliminate an awful lot of people.

He always smiles and gets a twinkle in his eyes when he replies; "I don't mind solitude!"

I'm with it Pal-kun. I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

B) ............I laughed at this anyway, he still has his wit!