Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Master and Commander

Wow! Great feedback! First of all, thanks to all of you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I still haven't decided on how to work out Calvert, but I did listen to all the feedback.

I thought the last sentence was symbolic of the change in their relationship. For the first time, Granger was completely honest with Caroline, about who he was and his sexuality, and she accepted him despite that. So now it's not about two young passionate lovers, it's about a married couple that love each other. Sorry if I didn't get that quite right, but at least now you know my thinking.

...frankly i wouldn't mind pirates to be more involved.

...anyway to my point Granger could get Admiralty very Quickly Because of the mobnuke.gif .....if not that....well then maybe a captain of a 96-gun Shipinnocent.gif , With Travers as acting Gunmanwub.gif . Who knows Mark can take this anywhere i'm curriousblink.gif . Lets just not rule out the option of a FIRST EVER 22ish year old Admiralking.gif .....Damn....old people these days....don't believe in the young.devilsmiley.gif2handed.gif

would you like to be a ship's boy, Mark ?

would you serve well in the shipboy roles as cast by the story?

This is approaching Spider Monkeys from Space attacking...tongue.gif

The deal with being promoted to admiral" isn't an option. The ONLY way to get there was to go up the Captain's List, and then get promoted when your you reached the top. There have been instances where people were rushed (Nelson, for example) but he was close to the top of the list anyway, so they just promoted a few extra captains so he could get his flag. There were no merit promotions. Did not happen.

still, temporary assignments as Commodore (such as, commander of a flotilla), would not be totally based on seniority.

I seriously doubt that a formal rank of admiral for George would not be too useful for story purposes.... admirals tend to get stuck to non-adventurous things, and they do badly in their role if they go traipse at personal whims. And such restraints for story are not doing good for story.

Wow! Great feedback! First of all, thanks to all of you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I still haven't decided on how to work out Calvert, but I did listen to all the feedback.

I thought the last sentence was symbolic of the change in their relationship. For the first time, Granger was completely honest with Caroline, about who he was and his sexuality, and she accepted him despite that. So now it's not about two young passionate lovers, it's about a married couple that love each other. Sorry if I didn't get that quite right, but at least now you know my thinking.

Oh, I think we ALL know YOUR thinking :lmao:

Good story Mark, thanks again for sharing it. Can't wait to see what happens on the Big Frig.

I think you should do what's right for the story and yourself and just put Calvert where Calvert belongs. I bet this will have something to do with George's butt. 0:)

Have you ever noticed that the only thing this little smiley dude here :2thumbs: needs is two nekkid dudes, one on each side of him? Just sayin'

would you like to be a ship's boy, Mark ?

would you serve well in the shipboy roles as cast by the story?

probably not...the job sucks

Oh, I think we ALL know YOUR thinking lmaosmiley.gif

Good story Mark, thanks again for sharing it. Can't wait to see what happens on the Big Frig.

I think you should do what's right for the story and yourself and just put Calvert where Calvert belongs. I bet this will have something to do with George's butt. innocent.gif

Have you ever noticed that the only thing this little smiley dude here thumbsupsmileyanim.gif needs is two nekkid dudes, one on each side of him? Just sayin'

hahaha me being one of them!! haha

probably not...the job sucks

hahaha me being one of them!! haha

still I think that you'd be one of our model cases for shipboy roles in this :)

do not worry about the suck part, though you kinda admitted that your sucking sucks. I think the role mostly calls for anal sex. And I want to believe you do not suck that much at that.

Guest Wyndham

I have just finished reading the books in the Bridgemont series and have to applaud the author. I have long been a fan of historical naval fiction and of course this series adds a delicious dimension.

Mark I so enjoyed your writing that I spent many late nights and some early morning finding it difficult to stop reading.

In case you are interested I usually read from Gay Authors on my iPhone and it works really well.

Thank you very much for all the hard work that obviously has gone into this series. I look forward to what is coming next.

Edited by Wyndham

I have just finished reading the books in the Bridgemont series and have to applaud the author. I have long been a fan of historical naval fiction and of course this series adds a delicious dimension.

Mark I so enjoyed your writing that I spent many late nights and some early morning finding it difficult to stop reading.

In case you are interested I usually read from Gay Authors on my iPhone and it works really well.

Thank you very much for all the hard work that obviously has gone into this series. I look forward to what is coming next.

I'm so glad you did! Sorry about the sleepless nights!biggrin.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..