Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Master and Commander

ch1: nice

oh, Caroline, the minx :)

my prediction: she just got pregnant, again...

in nine months..... but, Georgie will be on the other side of the world at that time. probably.

• Like 1

I just read the first chapter. It's shaping up to be a good one indeed. However, I'm already left wanting more as the identity of this midshipmen is unknown. I happen to think it must be someone who's f**ked Granger in the past (in a good way). :P

.... the identity of this midshipmen is unknown. I happen to think it must be someone who's f**ked Granger in the past (in a good way).

hmmm. the young Wilcox ?

;)

perhaps Pete (who actually is Georgie's age, more or less) has realized that he wants georgie to rove in his arse....

hmmm. the young Wilcox ?

;)

perhaps Pete (who actually is Georgie's age, more or less) has realized that he wants georgie to rove in his arse....

It's unlikely that Wilcox would still be a midshipman, isn't it? And why would he request to be under Granger? If he got on Granger's bad side, it would mean certain death. I doubt he'd risk it.

Great first chapter and start to what I hope is a superb third book in the series. Wonder who George will have first, the mystery midshipman or the first lt. Have really enjoyed all of the Bridgemont series and hope it continues to develop and grow as it has.

What a great new start! All the right ingredience for an interesting voyage... and sounds like they will pass my city, Cape Town. Hope they will see some of the beauty of this place - thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thanks, Mark, for this great ball buster of a story.

A great opening chapter! :2thumbs:

I hope Poulin and his privateers are successful. Sounds like Granger needs his purse replenished. :lol:

I'm hoping Ranger isn't the type to bring his "catch" back to his master for praise. :blink: I'm thinking Winkler and Ranger may provide some comic relief on this long voyage. :great:

Speaking of long voyages, there's no way Granger will survive that long trip without some man-love. :wub: The menu seems to be shaping up nicely. 0:) So who is this senior midshipman? I trust Granger will express his expectations very clearly before allowing the young lad to join his ship. :P

It's unlikely that Wilcox would still be a midshipman, isn't it? And why would he request to be under Granger? If he got on Granger's bad side, it would mean certain death. I doubt he'd risk it.

I was not wanting it to be Wilcox. I answered to the call 'unexpected'....

that said, wouldn't an experienced slut be better for Georgie than someone for whom he actually may develop feelings during the year-long travel

there are few slut guys in the story - I think this forum might have a bigger number of such available.

That's awesome! I probably won't get to read it until tomorrow night though... damn 12-hour shifts. :thumbdown:

internet connections in texas cut each twelve hours ? whut?

is this again some republican, conservative, fascist censure of things ? thought it was enough (and too much) when they tightened the controls back in autumn 2001,

after 2002 I haven't visited USA at all - mostly because already airports started to be such a disgusting experience....

Edited by Enric

internet connections in texas cut each twelve hours ? whut?

is this again some republican, conservative, fascist censure of things ? thought it was enough (and too much) when they tightened the controls back in autumn 2001,

after 2002 I haven't visited USA at all - mostly because already airports started to be such a disgusting expereriece....

I think it has to do with him working for 12 hours straight, not censorship. But then again, he does live in Texas. :D

And yes, US airports suck.

ch2:

oh hoh. Carmody would be a sadomasochist...

hopefully the voluntarily buggering-prone boys get to have their enthusiasm fulfilled.

The not-yet-mature George Lennox is an invented character, I gather. But his age (b about 1780) is somewhat implausible, seeing his mother's career in childbirthing.

Edited by Enric

Ahhh Mark, thank you for returning to your sailors!! Love a man in uniform (and out of one)! Ch 1 great setting of the stage, and ch 2, well, methinks Mr. Carmody might be done for.... Can't wait for the next chapter, although with the speed you write, it shouldn't be long. Great start, looking forward to many, many more chapters.

It was easy to sense Granger's pride as he led his ship from the harbour onto the open seas. :2thumbs: Really a fascinating chapter! :worship::worship:

So it was Humphreys seeking an appointment with Granger. Another victim of navel politics, or more accurately in this case, a vindictive captain. :angry: Well, he's going to remain a midshipman for at least another year it would seem. I'm wondering if Humphreys took Fitzwilliam aside after his poor behaviour upon first meeting his captain. Might have nipped Fitzwilliam in the bud and saved him an ass whipping. Given the chapter ending, it would appear that Fitzwilliam's bud might be getting well nipped as it is. :P

< Did you ever hear of the two English gays? Gerald Fitzwilliam and William Fitzgerald. >

I'm sorry. The devil made me say that. :devil:

Granger was quite inconsolable after reading Travers' letter. :( That was sad. I had forgotten about Jeffers - was his assistance a variation on a "stiff upper lip"? :P

Ok, stop teasing us, Mark. Bring on Granger and Calvert!!! :wub:

Ahhh Mark, thank you for returning to your sailors!! Love a man in uniform (and out of one)! Ch 1 great setting of the stage, and ch 2, well, methinks Mr. Carmody might be done for.... Can't wait for the next chapter, although with the speed you write, it shouldn't be long. Great start, looking forward to many, many more chapters.

Thanks Ivy! And thanks for giving me your virgin post! Welcome to GA!

It was easy to sense Granger's pride as he led his ship from the harbour onto the open seas. :2thumbs: Really a fascinating chapter! :worship::worship:

So it was Humphreys seeking an appointment with Granger. Another victim of navel politics, or more accurately in this case, a vindictive captain. :angry: Well, he's going to remain a midshipman for at least another year it would seem. I'm wondering if Humphreys took Fitzwilliam aside after his poor behaviour upon first meeting his captain. Might have nipped Fitzwilliam in the bud and saved him an ass whipping. Given the chapter ending, it would appear that Fitzwilliam's bud might be getting well nipped as it is. :P

< Did you ever hear of the two English gays? Gerald Fitzwilliam and William Fitzgerald. >

I'm sorry. The devil made me say that. :devil:

Granger was quite inconsolable after reading Travers' letter. :( That was sad. I had forgotten about Jeffers - was his assistance a variation on a "stiff upper lip"? :P

Ok, stop teasing us, Mark. Bring on Granger and Calvert!!! :wub:

Patience Conner, patience.

I was kind of surprised about the whipping. It does make me wonder. Is Granger going to be more of a strict disciplinarian than he wants his officers to believe? Then again, Fitzwilliam seems to want free reign, something he shall not have.

Granger is surely going to try to get his hands on the doctor too. Hmmmm... it might mean they'll actually play doctor together. That could be nice and kinky.

I was kind of surprised about the whipping. It does make me wonder. Is Granger going to be more of a strict disciplinarian than he wants his officers to believe? Then again, Fitzwilliam seems to want free reign, something he shall not have.

Granger is surely going to try to get his hands on the doctor too. Hmmmm... it might mean they'll actually play doctor together. That could be nice and kinky.

Whipping was a common punishment for boys on ships of that era. It was usually done with a rope (like Fitzwilliam) or a cane, but could also be done with a cat-of-nine-tails. It was considered that whipping was good for boys back in those days.

Someone like Fitzwilliam, who is spoiled rotten and is used to having everything his way, needs a strong reminder that he's in a different world. Granger is remarkably practical in his views on punishment, and this would seem to follow in that pattern.

ch3:

uh. problems....

they probably won't know ever, or at least for a year, what happens to the prize......

But, my speculation is pessimistic: something goes awry with Carmody's return.

Yes, nothing like a battle to clear the mind! :great:

I wish Granger had said something like, "I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning"! :funny:

Coitus interruptus is worse than a cliffhanger! :angry: That was just plain nasty. :thumbdown:

Excellent chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..