Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  292 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Mark Arbour

Mark, the greatness of Bloodlines and CAP saga is the interaction of the different charactors. Two things have bothered me in Bloodlines. Both are relational. JPs close relation with Matt and Brad's relationship with Matt. I think that JP sees Matt as himself 35 years ago. Rich young smart and gay but more Matt is a Hayes, Jeff's nephew. Even though Jeff died 30 years ago he is still there in both Stef's the JP's lives. I believe JP 35 years ago thought he might have a lover but never thought he would have a family. Jeff was the one who urged JP to go to Paris and see Isidore and her baby Andre. JP brings her back the Chicago and the beginnings of a family is born. Jeff again is the father of Billy and pushs JP and Claire is born. After they move Brad is dropped off like a unwanted item. The poor 5 year old bonds with JP and Stef. Brad studies JP and maybe becames a more perfect JP. Both are loyal, they hold thier emotions inside, but to both of them family is important, very important They would defend their family to the death. The confirtation between Brad and JP is very telling. Matt thought maybe Robbie would accept him but never thought Brad would. Why does he? Once Robbie accepts Matt he is Brads son too. I think Brad sees not only as his son but also as Brad was 18 years before. In a sense all three are alike. I that's the reason I have always like them the best. One of the things I like the most is how the charactors draw you in. Mark you are not just a writer but a storyteller you can make your story live It brings joy to all of us. Makes us laugh and cry at the same time. That truly is great.

Well thanks man! Matt's character shares a lot with JP (his loyalty, his desire to defend those he loves), and Brad (his business acumen, his direct attitude). But he brings an impetuousness that neither of those guys ever had. Matt is emotional. He doesn't really want to, but he is. He cries. He throws tantrums. He's versatile.tongue.gif

I think that, from a sheer personality basis, JP's closest clone in the story so far is Wade.

i'm not surpised max and marcel didn't stick together because of there little fight they had, max only ran back to marcel because he almost died, i can't expect marcel to be so easily forgiving of max for staying away for a while longer. Either way i think that the fact max went back to marcel so readily when he truly wasn't ready to do that, if only to save him from himself.

I just witnessed this first hand too. My friend and his gf have been on the rocks, she's tried to commite suicide twice without him (they threatened to break up) they were single for weeks at a time but then got together again, and even though my friend went back because he loved her or not i think he was not ready to be fully involved in a relationship. Either way he just ran back to her after her second attempt and now she out of the blue dumped him flat, even got her mom to call some coppers on the bf....when the mom said he would always be welcomed in there home if him and his gf ever broke up. Brutal situation but similar in the fact that marcel, maybe not intentionaly, almost killed himself. Max could've intrupreted as the fact that he was not there it was his fault.

So that is what i think Max and marcel are done :P....although it may not be the reasoning of others it's mine :P

Either way. Tomorrow a new chapteR? or tuesday?? :P

To be honest, I'm not really surprised that Marcel and Max didn't work out.

Me neither, they just never seemed to fit as well as the other couples in the novels. It was one of those, "I just can't put my finger on it" type problems.

Though its a nice surprise having them back. Running into old characters in these stories is like finding a song on iTunes you totally forgot about but that was a favorite for a while. Always a pleasant experience and cause for nostalgia.

Me neither, they just never seemed to fit as well as the other couples in the novels. It was one of those, "I just can't put my finger on it" type problems.

I think the thing is, Marcel is kinda of this enigma. I think the major problem that existed with A Summer Love was that...even though he got his own story, I never really felt like I got to know Marcel. Something about Marcel seems opaque and held back, like we'll never get to know all of him. And yeah, Max and Marcel just never quite fit together as well as couples like Jeff/JP, or Stefan/JP, or Brad/Robbie.

I get where you guys are coming from on this. It makes sense. Monday or Tuesday Mark. Not sure yet.

Oooooooh!! I can't wait!!! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! LOL!! I NEED a Bloodlines fix!! biggrin.gif

• Like 1

Oooooooh!! I can't wait!!! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! LOL!! I NEED a Bloodlines fix!! biggrin.gif

I'm ready for one as well. Thanksgiving should be in this coming chapter, and it should be an interesting one. :D

Mark -

Yes, you did it again. I knew some how Matts' comfortable closet and his own fear around his parents could not stay quiet much longer. Wade shows again that steel spine that is hidden under his tender personality. Having him call Matt out on it was the best. This is why you are so good to read.

My speculation on the Wade suicide thing is just my darker side being bad. Just my mind speculating on how easy a depressive spiral can get out of hand when fueled by fear, abuse, and loss of family even when you don't think very highly of them in Wades' case. I shouldn't write stuff immediately after watching Dexter...

I'm looking forward to Chp 35 with the first round of players coming together at dinner. This aught to be fun! I'm guessing that Thanksgiving will be Chp 36. Hhhmmm?

Cool discussion on Matts' personality. In my mind I always see Matt as a blend of Steph and Brad with a flavoring of that Hayes instability. ( like a dash of cayenne ) He has a strong mind and a feel for right and wrong, but he can fly off onto tangents that wound without intention because his emotions are always close to the surface.

I wish to join the chorus concerning the breakup of Max & Marcel. There was way too much friction and I did not feel that Max was a strong enough personality for Marcel. Lou is a much better fit now that he's found himself. Now Max and Cody... That would be more of a mesh of equals. Cody has a bit of a player side to him but he isn't the type to play manipulation games in a relationship. They both value their friends and their lovers and both are able to love on a level that Marcel and Lou aren't.

OK back to the real world now. And a big thank you to all my fellow posters. You keep my mind stimulated, and it is fun watching the play of minds in here. I'm glad I dove in and joined you.

Laterz, Dave

It's up.

I'm ready for one as well. Thanksgiving should be in this coming chapter, and it should be an interesting one. :D

Nope, Thanksgiving is in Chapter 36, which will be posted on or around Thankgiving (US) which is Thursday.

Mark -

Yes, you did it again. I knew some how Matts' comfortable closet and his own fear around his parents could not stay quiet much longer. Wade shows again that steel spine that is hidden under his tender personality. Having him call Matt out on it was the best. This is why you are so good to read.

My speculation on the Wade suicide thing is just my darker side being bad. Just my mind speculating on how easy a depressive spiral can get out of hand when fueled by fear, abuse, and loss of family even when you don't think very highly of them in Wades' case. I shouldn't write stuff immediately after watching Dexter...

I'm looking forward to Chp 35 with the first round of players coming together at dinner. This aught to be fun! I'm guessing that Thanksgiving will be Chp 36. Hhhmmm?

Cool discussion on Matts' personality. In my mind I always see Matt as a blend of Steph and Brad with a flavoring of that Hayes instability. ( like a dash of cayenne ) He has a strong mind and a feel for right and wrong, but he can fly off onto tangents that wound without intention because his emotions are always close to the surface.

I wish to join the chorus concerning the breakup of Max & Marcel. There was way too much friction and I did not feel that Max was a strong enough personality for Marcel. Lou is a much better fit now that he's found himself. Now Max and Cody... That would be more of a mesh of equals. Cody has a bit of a player side to him but he isn't the type to play manipulation games in a relationship. They both value their friends and their lovers and both are able to love on a level that Marcel and Lou aren't.

OK back to the real world now. And a big thank you to all my fellow posters. You keep my mind stimulated, and it is fun watching the play of minds in here. I'm glad I dove in and joined you.

Laterz, Dave

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Matt's actually turning out to be a lot of fun to write because he tries to be all cool, calm, and collected, and he's so not.

I liked this chapter. though in essence i do wish there would have been an evil cliff hanger!! :o But it's not to be. :P

Pumped for Thursday.....a 3 day break now....what on earth will i do to stay sane? and keep my clothes on.....i'll go madd and rip them all off untill a new bloodlines brings back my sanity! :P

I liked this chapter. though in essence i do wish there would have been an evil cliff hanger!! :o But it's not to be. :P

Pumped for Thursday.....a 3 day break now....what on earth will i do to stay sane? and keep my clothes on.....i'll go madd and rip them all off untill a new bloodlines brings back my sanity! :P

You are adorable. wub.gif

Loved Ch 35! So many hot men in the house it's a wonder Steph can keep from hyperventilating. get him a brown paper bag to carry around.. lol

I love Cody and Max together. I was sad when he left to go back to Marcel after spending quality time with Cody in Summer Love. He and Cody were not ready at the time to be a couple but they've both been through the ringer lately and now the time is perfect for them. Like your favorite pair of sneakers and your fave jeans just out of the dryer..they just go together.

And the fact that Matt has a small part of them both.."he hadn't lost Cody. He'd gained Max" loved that!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

hmmm..maybe Cody's soul reading skills will emerge again now that he's happy and he will be able to help Wade open up at some point down the road.......

as others have said before me...you're a great story teller Mark. worshippy.gif

• Like 1

It seems like everyone at Escorial is having a fun Thanksgiving so far!

I'm really interested in seeing how things work out with Cody and Max. Is their connection strong enough for Max to feel comfortable sharing Cody with others? It will be interesting to see. Max is such a great guy that I hope it works out for him.

I know Matt's parents aren't the most accepting people in the world by any means, but it seems like they are trying to accept Matt's biological family. I don't know if it's because they care about Matt and want to see him happy, or because they don't want to upset Matt's potential organ donors. I hope it's the former. If so, maybe there is hope they will take Matt's coming out better than he fears.

That chapter was great fun and I'm looking forward to the next one!

I'm willing to give Matt's parents the benefit of doubt for now. He is their only child and heir after all and they do love him in their way. They will probably react like many, disbelief, anger, accuse others of corrupting him, try to get him to return home back to a "safe/sane" environment, suggest/force counseling......

then either perhaps see the light after a drawn out separation or disown him, who knows? (Mark does...hehehe)

But remember they are adoptive parents and are already afraid of losing him to Robbie. They might do many things to keep him, or they might throw up their hands and walk away. I think Matt's dad will ultimately see the light before Mummy, but I could be wrong about that.

I will anxiously await the unfolding drama....

Loved Ch 35!

I love Cody and Max together. I was sad when he left to go back to Marcel after spending quality time with Cody in Summer Love. He and Cody were not ready at the time to be a couple but they've both been through the ringer lately and now the time is perfect for them. Like your favorite pair of sneakers and your fave jeans just out of the dryer..they just go together.

What an awesome analogy! They do seem right together, don't they?

Max is such a great guy that I hope it works out for him.

He is, isn't he? It's hard not to like Max. He's such a solid, loving guy, the kind of guy that gets shit on all the time.

What a HOT HOT HOT chapter!! lmaosmiley.gif Looks like Thanksgiving dinner isn't the only feast in that house!! LOL!!!! tongue.gif

lmaosmiley.gif

ch35: uh huh. A display of promiscuity.

I just think that in real life, things cannot be as easy...

Grump.dry.gif It's fiction. Dream. Fantasize. Pretend you're 18 again. biggrin.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..