[Linxe Termoil] Spider Webs

I, also, loved the next installment. But, I'm concerned about what "kind of" means.

Ah. I started writing it, even plotted it out for things I wanted to see happen with some of the characters to flesh them out, and to see what kind of reaction i'd get from some of the other characters. I just realized that I have some homework I need to catch up on. So I have part of it written, and I even have it plotted out, along with ideas for 5 and 6. I just need to finish it. Possibly this week. I'm going to try and speed up the pace of the chapters so you guys aren't waiting for months on end. My only fear if I do this is it won't be Quality fiction if I do that. But, I'm going to give it a shot and we'll see what happens.

Linxe

• 1 month later...

WELL WELL WELL! BOUT FREEKING TIME!! although i am dissapointed in micha....can't see two feet in front of him. Stupid teenage boys >=)

Anyway. Patrick i don't like. Joel is cute. Ken sounds hot. Eliz...well i duno sounds like a.....well she's mental either way. not very smart. And if they have these riches....where the hell is the maid? or cook? or a multi tasker of both??? Cook and Clean all day! Sounds like fun....not!! :o

Anyway. SWCH5 best be up in a week linxe or your leg will never be yours again >=)

Signs "If you think micha can sign you better get that chapter up or u'll see how creative i can get in my signing."

• Like 1

:) well i reviewed chapter one but have not found this place til now duh

You know i really like this story, I find the characters real and interesting and i love the relationship between the brothers.

I am holding off reading more as i don't want to get into it and have to wait for updates so i am taking my time reading the updates but i really like this story, unless you kill Micah :angry:

• Like 1

Well, Patrick continues to be frustrated, and Micah continues to ignore the "Patrick option" and rely on his own resources. No wonder he fell asleep. The two deputies remind me of Dogberry (played so well by Michael Keaton in the 1993 version of "Much Ado About Nothing") and his sidekick. (By the way, Robert Sean Leonard is exceptionally hot in that movie. But I digress.) How long will Joel keep still? And where's the father? When will Micah break? When will Patrick explode? So many questions, so many possibilities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this story to death. Whenever I´m in Micah´s head, his actions do make perfect sense ... but he´s a little hard to read from the outside! The crazy family they ended up with are very intriguing. Since Micah´s so adamant to pay them back, it´s a clever ruse to buy him tons of expensive stuff. And the little one - it broke my heart when he cried over his torn pyjama pants in ch4 - glad he gets a new one. PJs are a Mommy comfort thing, he needs that.

The cat scenes were a hoot:

I was being given the evil eye by a green-eyed grey and white striped cat that was sitting on my bed. I shivered. Its eyes were the exact color of Patrick's. I didn't like that at all. There was no way in hell I'd ever let Patrick in my bed, and I found myself silently objecting to having pussy there too.

LOL - he might change his mind (about Patric of course, not about pussy!) - I can hope, right?

"You can´t get rid of a boy" - I guess Micah new that differently. Very touching.

And I like Avery a lot. It´s crazy, but little incidents like taking a cart from the supermarket can get kids like Micah into so much shit when no one´s there to explain their situation a little. Now I hope M. cooks up a storm in the neglected kitchen.

Cheers, Clara

Edited by acht-acht

:D love the update just try to not make us wait so long in future :P i love your writing, its so easy to get lost in your chracter and feel how he is feeling. I really like the way you have showed how confused Miacah is and how he just goes along with things for a while because the adults don't always explain things. I really think you did an excellent job in showing how Micah doesn't value himself very much, the part where he got Joels pyjamas made me very choked up because he has only ever cared for Joel never himself other than basic needs and it shows a lot in this chapter with how he doesn't think anyone should spend that money on him. I also love how he is obviously good with cooking and sorting meals out and i think that will be abig way for him to find his place in this family. :( poor Micah he shouldn't have to be at the site of a car accident after losing his mum that way.

Please update soon :)

Well, a very complex chapter. The cat metaphor was wonderful, and all I could think of when Mikah was questioning what was meant by "taking care of him," was that he was worried about being taken to be neutered. [Hmm. Perhaps that would calm him down. Just kidding.]

I don't really believe him when he says he'd never allow Patrick in his bed. At least, I hope I don't believe him.

I saw some important character development

in the Wally-World scene: Mikah wants to be independent and he thinks he can be independent, but he has a need--perhaps one that he doesn't realize at a conscious level--to be nurtured. He shows this conflict in odd ways: worrying whether he could pay for the CDs; the scene in the kitchen and his later grocery shopping trip. His obvious consternation at the "being taken care of" line was another example of this conflict.

Great addition to a great story.

• 2 weeks later...

Another superb chapter. The story arc is perfect: interior monologue and reflections on death (real and spiritual) bound the chapter. The deputy's advice was "spot on," and may be a turning point in Micah's life. As in the previous chapter, Micah is torn between being independent and--although he seems not to consciously know it--being nurtured; being loved. The metaphor of the house...dead, boarded up, lost in darkness, surrounded by the forest...is brilliant. Micah will certainly break in. What he finds may not be as important as the act of breaking in.

I love Micah's character. When he's thinking everything makes sense, but then he opens his mouth (yay! He speaks!) And I hear the teenager parents dread. But he still makes perfect sense.

Patrick, on the other hand, either meant well or was thinking with his other head. I look forward to seeing if there are any consequences for what he did to Micah in court.

B)............ I agree, but to be fair we have not heard anything but small quips from Patrick! Patrick did do Micah a favor, he also looked after Joel's interest here. Avery needs to sit Micah down for a reality check talk, what did Micah think he could really do here? Sure he has looked after Joel most of his life since their dad went into a spiral suicide, that is someone we have not heard of either, is he dead? Or what? I have noticed that Micah's dads vehicle has not been towed away as of yet, which should have happened if the father was still alive. Of course Patrick also has other motives 0:) for keeping Micah close at hand!!!

I absolutly think It's Great he's talking again and with the soap in the diswasher i was thinking there'd be a bubbly mess. which would be so much freaking fun!!!! BUBBLE ROOOM!!! Anyway i also think that the fact he accused patrick of thinking he'd hot i'm wondering if they all know patricks gay.....cuz all they did was look at him and get mops. like WDF.

Any the fact He cooks?!?! like the wife sure as hell can't and HE can! I think they found there new cook!

Anyway Next Chapter any time linxe!!

• Site Administrator

Two done :P

Great story so far Linxe, wondering where things are going. Curious about Patrick and Avery. Wondering if Avery is a creep or since it is through Micah's eyes, if Michah might have a man crush on Avery.

I guess I'll have to read 3 to find out.

Bye bye :D

• Site Administrator

Three is done :P

I agree that the slightly shorter chapter is easier to read. I really liked this chapter :D It seemed more light hearted with the ending and sort of had Micah coming out of his funk.

Except I wonder what was going on at the very end.

Also, if I was looking at Micah in tight biking shorts and a two sized too small tshirt, I'm surprised no one made comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying the development of Micah's character. I can't wait to get to know a little bit more about Patrick. And Reece. And Patrick and Reece? What could possibly be in the that "dead" building and how long it will take Micah to realize that he is surrounded by people who know he isn't dead inside?

• Like 1