The thing about spiders I like is that everyone claims they have the most dangerous spider in the world :)

Personally I don't like to get warm and cuddly with them but don't go out of my way to kill one if I see one. But like Cele, my bath, my bed and my food is off limits :P

Like snakes I am fascinated by them, but have no need to own one.

*runs off to sign Joann and Slytherin up for a episode of Fear Factor that involves spiders*

I am busy that day, I'm gonna wash my hair ! :lol:  You can sign up Zombie and mr Mann instead ! :funny:

• Like 3

I had one of these as a pet for nearly fifteen years (Mexican Red Knee tarantula)  Yes, my Ariadne was a big girl :lol:

red_knee_tarantula.jpg

What a beauty! I used to want a tarantula... I guess in a way I still do, but Magpie would dump me and kick me out if I brought one home. :P

• Like 1

Welcome to Australia - enjoy yourselves but be careful:-

Ah...Australia.. home of wierd animals like the Kangeroo,

And the worlds most poisonious spiders, snakes...dangerious Crocodiles...

And several of G.A's Most sexy Members ;)

The thing about spiders I like is that everyone claims they have the most dangerous spider in the world :)

Personally I don't like to get warm and cuddly with them but don't go out of my way to kill one if I see one. But like Cele, my bath, my bed and my food is off limits :P

Like snakes I am fascinated by them, but have no need to own one.

*runs off to sign Joann and Slytherin up for a episode of Fear Factor that involves spiders*

dear gods... if i found one in my food I have no idea what i'd do...

i think throwing the food away wouldn't be enough :o

• Like 2

I like spiders. Mostly I just leave them alone. When I was a kid I used to catch them and let them run over my hands. Then again, as previously pointed out, it's too cold and dark for venomous spiders in Scandinavia. As such, European Garden Spiders have generally been the biggest ones I've ever had to deal with (apart from the basement spiders at my mum's house, those things are enormous) and they're lazy as fuck and just spin really pretty webs (they're orb weavers). 

Magpie's an arachnophobe. Which means that when he sees a spider, he freezes up and starts hyperventilating and has to call me to take the thing outside. Which I do, happily. :P

Oh, and btw, camel spiders (which aren't actually spiders at all) aren't really any bigger than a modest sized tarantula, most of them, and aren't even venomous. You get bitten by one, it hurts, but you're not gonna have any lasting effects at all.

Now, coconut crabs, those things actually freak me out for real.

coconut-crab.jpg

yes that would be creepy... especially if you were suddenly confronted by one after opening the trash can lid...

Some spider's death make me cry:

yes Charlottes web was sad.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Effin' spiders. Hate 'em. With an atavistic, irrational hate/fear. And yeah, they are a reminder to me that I'm a little girl.

Here in Texas, we really only have two varieties to fear: The black widow and the brown recluse. Both toxic. The recluse, highly so.

When I was a kid, a colony of black widow spiders infested our woodpile. It was stacked up against an outside wall of the house. Texas doesn't much need functioning fireplaces, but we had one, and I was supposed to keep the logs in decent order. I was re-arranging it one spring, totally oblivious until I ran into them. Talk about your adrenaline jolt; I can still feel the fear that shot through me like a lightning bolt.

Wonder what it is about spiders that inspires near-universal loathing and fear? It's a reaction that happens even before your brain has a chance to think anything. There's something kind of primal about that revulsion, I think.

All I know is I hate 'em. Even the non-venomous ones sorta freak me out.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

10169209_10152326662193454_244156356_n.j

A friend posted this on FB.. If I saw this man on the street I would run home faster than Usain Bolt ! Why did ha have a tattoo like that I wonder :huh:

I would probably shoot and ask questions later, like "What the hell possessed you to do that?  It might cause someone to hurt you."  I said as I watched the paramedics cover him up.  :o

• Like 3

I don't really mind the spiders themselves. It's all the damned cobwebs they leave behind!

actually, to be fair, cobwebs can be very beautiful and sometimes they make really interesting shapes, like this one spun around some grass leaves

Spider%20and%20spiderlings%2C%20Upton%2C

and of course they catch nasty bugs and stuff so I wouldn't say cobwebs are a bad thing, because...

...wait a minute... what's that???

*takes a closer look*

Spider%20and%20spiderlings%2C%20Upton%2C

HOLY CRAP!! There's millions of 'em!!

Get me the fuck outa here!!!

• Like 3

I have been known to take pics of pretty webs. I just hate the one industrious spider that builds his web between the radio antenna in my jeep and the mailbox post every damn night. Can't see it when leaving for the farm before dawn!

• Like 1

actually, to be fair, cobwebs can be very beautiful and sometimes they make really interesting shapes, like this one spun around some grass leaves

and of course they catch nasty bugs and stuff so I wouldn't say cobwebs are a bad thing, because...

...wait a minute... what's that???

*takes a closer look

HOLY CRAP!! There's millions of 'em!!

Get me the fuck outa here!!!

Holding out a blue paw and grab Zombie and we make a run for it ! :hug:

• Like 3

10169209_10152326662193454_244156356_n.j

A friend posted this on FB.. If I saw this man on the street I would run home faster than Usain Bolt ! Why did ha have a tattoo like that I wonder :huh:

my thoughts are that it reminds me of the Face hugger (from the alien series)

And as to Shelob, now just think of a world where spiders that size are common :o

To Rustle's webs, when i lived in Central Idaho they had webs that would string across the roads.

Edited by Celethiel
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...