Experience life as a hamster

Daisy

Do you fancy it?

In france a guest house or room has been opened that gives you the experience of living as a hamster. weird. would you? I'm betting my best friend would just for the heck of it, if it wasn't so expensive (at least for us :)).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/blog/2009/nov/18/human-hamster-hotel-france?page=all

Tucked away down an unremarkable side-street near the centre of the western French city, the Villa Hamster offers guests the "unique" opportunity to leave their species at the door and live the life of a rodent. Urging those curious to enter into its "poetic" world of woodchippings and fur costumes, its website asks: "Is it possible to put myself in the place of my hamster?"

Lost in translation? ... Villa Hamster's human wheel. Photograph: Cedric Chasse

A compact space of 18m2 in a building dating back to the 1700s, the unusual rental home has been deliberately designed to evoke a hamster's cage. It boasts such authentic facilities as containers of organic grain, a water tube which guests can sip, and a double bed accessible only by a step ladder and a quick scramble on all fours. The pi

"By that we mean their mother's womb," he explained. "There will be lots of light and sound to make you feel as though you are in a uterus." Suddenly the Villa Hamster seems perfectly orthodox.

The only way to make that more twisted... would be to take your 'significant other' there with you for some 'fun'.

Overall, a good laugh.

France? hmmmm smile.gif. I'll maybe wait for the London one. as creepily odd as it sounds

Not for me... too energetic... all that running around on a wheel. I'll wait until they do one where I can live as a sloth... hanging upside down from a branch and not moving for days at a time except to feed :)