raccoon-came-to-burgle.jpg

raccoon_01.jpg

Some baby photos of Myv. Wasn't he cute as a baby??

raccoon-0026.jpg

Here's one of him getting ready for his bath.

BabyRaccoon.jpg

Here's one of the little tyke after we brought him home from the hospital.

raccoon-0406.jpg

Here's our little fellow taking a bath.

funny-pictures-raccoon-baseball-safe.jpg

And here's our little tyke playing his first baseball game.

raccoon-came-to-burgle.jpg

raccoon_01.jpg

Some baby photos of Myv. Wasn't he cute as a baby??

raccoon-0026.jpg

Here's one of him getting ready for his bath.

BabyRaccoon.jpg

Here's one of the little tyke after we brought him home from the hospital.

raccoon-0406.jpg

Here's our little fellow taking a bath.

funny-pictures-raccoon-baseball-safe.jpg

And here's our little tyke playing his first baseball game.

Aww why not in honor of me? I was the first raccoon here! *whines*

Icanhazcheezburger.com is quite possibly the best place to procrastinate. I waste many an hour looking at cute animals and snarky titles. There is something to be said for innocent fun. That being said, my favorit one that I saw lately was this one...

funny-pictures-frosty-had-many-children.jpg

Ha! That first picture of the cat in disguise is freaking hilarious! :lol:

I once went to take the trash out, and a raccoon jumped out of the dumpster and ran towards a tree. I stopped stunned, and then the craziest thing happened: he stopped at the tree, turned around and scampered right up to my feet. He stood up on his hind paws and tilted his head looking at me curiously, right at my feet! True story! I couldn't believe it! I started to reach down to scratch him behind the ears, until I realized he had just jumped out of a dumpster and probably had been rolling in used condoms and needles. I shooed him away politely feeling rather bad, but I didn't want to catch anything from him, you know? :nuke:

Oh, I forgot to mention that I've had similar experiences with other animals. Once with a possum, but if you've ever seen how ugly those damn things are, you can understand why I didn't even consider petting him. Another time I had an interesting encounter with FOUR skunks, but they weren't very friendly. Lastly, I had a similar experience with a brown bear in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York, but you can imagine my reaction when I turned and saw a bear sniffing me! (I dunno how he snuck up on me, he wasn't exactly a lightweight!)

Kayden- and others:

While they are cute, raccoons are wild animals. Even tame raccoons can deliver a savage bite and that bite can carry a number of things that you don't want.

Enjoy our little friends but do so from a distance.

raccoon_eats_elf.jpg

Kayden- and others:

While they are cute, raccoons are wild animals. Even tame raccoons can deliver a savage bite and that bite can carry a number of things that you don't want.

raccoon_eats_elf.jpg

That film was on TV not so long ago :blink:

But then again, it's the season for it lol

Kayden- and others:

True, and I have to admit I almost ran off screaming when he came up to me. I can't help noticing, though, that you sound like Smokey the Bear when I went camping as a kid. He used to ride around on the back of a pickup truck selling firewood and warning us of the dangers of racoons. There was a big rabies scare back then. I always thought it ironic that a huge bear who hugged children was telling us to stay away from racoons! What an example he set! :devil:

Then again, maybe after risking his life protecting this poor little coon from a pack of wolves, (with a stick...haha), the little bloke forgot to say thank you. :lol:

Smokey_the_Bear_1.jpg

And we'll never forget his timeless words that only we can...what was it again Smokey?

smokey-the-bear.jpg