[Adam Phillips] Adam has Arrived!

How awesome to have one of my best e-friends hosted at GA!

Thanks, Mark. I'm very very happy to be here.

By the way, I'm catching up on all your Cramptonworld novels. I'm in Be Rad right now and I'm loving it. It's my favorite in the series up to this point.

Hello there, Adam Phillips. Pleased to meet ya. Name's J.R. Gay authors is a very serene, agreeable kind of place. I just know you're going to fit in well!

It appears that you're as annoying here as you are at my other place. :devil:

• Like 2

Congrats Adam!!! I'm excited for you to have this terrific forum to showcase your writing (and excited for me b/c now maybe i can finish reading your story... did I mention I hate cliffhangers? Patience is NOT one of my virtues).

Congrats Adam!!! I'm excited for you to have this terrific forum to showcase your writing (and excited for me b/c now maybe i can finish reading your story... did I mention I hate cliffhangers? Patience is NOT one of my virtues).

Well, weekly installments to the very end is going to be the fate of Crosscurrents here at GA. A new chapter will be posted every Friday. Let me encourage you to start over and read the chapters as I post them here instead of just waiting until Week 23 to start. That way your memory will be refreshed, and also, I'm tweaking the writing a tiny bit, and it would make me happy to have my Constant Readers read the New Improved Version. :lol:

Well, weekly installments to the very end is going to be the fate of Crosscurrents here at GA. A new chapter will be posted every Friday. Let me encourage you to start over and read the chapters as I post them here instead of just waiting until Week 23 to start. That way your memory will be refreshed, and also, I'm tweaking the writing a tiny bit, and it would make me happy to have my Constant Readers read the New Improved Version. :lol:

Oh.

Mah.

Guh.

You really do like to punish/hurt people...! devilsmiley.gif

I'll compromise and start my re-read when you get to double digits with the chapter numbers.

I look forward to seeing if I can identify the tweaks!

Oh.

Mah.

Guh.

You really do like to punish/hurt people...! devilsmiley.gif

I'll compromise and start my re-read when you get to double digits with the chapter numbers.

I look forward to seeing if I can identify the tweaks!

Sorry. Honestly I'm not trying to hurt you. :D And I for sure wouldn't want to punish a reader who's stayed with the whole thing in an earlier version!

I'm pacing it for first-time readers. I know that's extra-hard on some of my long-term readers, especially people who want a block of material at a time. So you're perfectly within your rights to wait until I have a lot more out there.

Sorry. Honestly I'm not trying to hurt you. :D And I for sure wouldn't want to punish a reader who's stayed with the whole thing in an earlier version!

I'm pacing it for first-time readers. I know that's extra-hard on some of my long-term readers, especially people who want a block of material at a time. So you're perfectly within your rights to wait until I have a lot more out there.

it's good pain, i suppose. and some of us like to be tortured. otherwise, i'm pretty sure i would've quit school already.

i think that one of the reasons i like reading stories is b/c they USUALLY give closure. I might wonder what happens afterwards a bit, or whatever, but the storyline has come to some sort of conclusion. Uncertainty and vagueness are particularly difficult right now when my world is full of vague.

Looking on the bright side, at least I know you're finishing the story and that you're now working on writing the rest of it. I would have hated it had you decided to abandon the project and I had to wonder WTF happens to Matt and Andy (both separately as individuals, and in their friendship/relationship).

Edited by nightsky

Looking on the bright side, at least I know you're finishing the story and that you're now working on writing the rest of it. I would have hated it had you decided to abandon the project and I had to wonder WTF happens to Matt and Andy (both separately as individuals, and in their friendship/relationship).

cheers.

-CynCyn

I don't know if you've ever read J. G. Hayes' A Map of the Harbor Islands, but I think it's one of the finest gay novels I've ever read, and actually one of the finer novels I've ever read. Anyway, in the preface Joe Hayes talks about how he began writing the novel, but 9/11/2001 caused him to stop writing on it, because the times seemed too somber for the tale he was telling. Then he says, "But eventually I returned to it, of course, for it seemed Danny and Petey, the heroes of this work, would stomp on my stomach at night while I tried to sleep, demanding to be birthed."

That's exactly how I feel about Andy and Matt. They won't leave me alone. The story won't leave me alone. I'm compelled to tell it. I have to get it out. The two-year period where I abandoned Andy and Matt to work on the story of Sam and Brian in It Started With Brian, I felt them looking over my shoulder. Patiently, because they loved Sam and Brian too, but letting me know they weren't going anywhere. The day I finished ISWB, it's as though Matt said to me, "Okay, dammit, time to saddle up. Let's get this done."

Who can oppose Matt? Can't be done.

So the long and short of it is this: The story will be finished this year. You'll get a new chapter every week until the very end. Whatever it takes to get them to stop jumping up and down on my stomach. :lol:

I don't know if you've ever read J. G. Hayes' A Map of the Harbor Islands, but I think it's one of the finest gay novels I've ever read, and actually one of the finer novels I've ever read. Anyway, in the preface Joe Hayes talks about how he began writing the novel, but 9/11/2001 caused him to stop writing on it, because the times seemed too somber for the tale he was telling. Then he says, "But eventually I returned to it, of course, for it seemed Danny and Petey, the heroes of this work, would stomp on my stomach at night while I tried to sleep, demanding to be birthed."

That's exactly how I feel about Andy and Matt. They won't leave me alone. The story won't leave me alone. I'm compelled to tell it. I have to get it out. The two-year period where I abandoned Andy and Matt to work on the story of Sam and Brian in It Started With Brian, I felt them looking over my shoulder. Patiently, because they loved Sam and Brian too, but letting me know they weren't going anywhere. The day I finished ISWB, it's as though Matt said to me, "Okay, dammit, time to saddle up. Let's get this done."

Who can oppose Matt? Can't be done.

So the long and short of it is this: The story will be finished this year. You'll get a new chapter every week until the very end. Whatever it takes to get them to stop jumping up and down on my stomach. :lol:

Thanks for the reading rec.... always looking for more. (was that a not so subtle hint? go read this other story, woman! stop bothering me! I've already told you I'm finishing already!) blink.gif

The creative writing process is so intriguing to me. I'm glad Matt and Andy aren't leaving you alone, but that they were patiently quiet while you wrote ISWB.

I have a question about the yahoo group, so i'm going to PM you.

Thanks for the reading rec.... always looking for more. (was that a not so subtle hint? go read this other story, woman! stop bothering me! I've already told you I'm finishing already!) blink.gif

Nah, that's not it at all! Well, maybe not entirely...:devil: I should say that I dearly love A Map of the Harbor Islands...I've lived a good bit of it personally...but not everybody is as crazy about the story as I am.

The creative writing process is so intriguing to me. I'm glad Matt and Andy aren't leaving you alone, but that they were patiently quiet while you wrote ISWB.

Persistent, pesky little bastards. I'd have walked away from them years ago if I could have. :boy:

I've really enjoyed your first chapters.

I hadn't read your work before (stumbled upon it by luck when you left a welcome message for me), but I was entranced.

I actually have an archived version of the archerland site available to me - when I realized you were on there it was all I could do not to read ahead a few chapters for a sneak peek !

West

I've really enjoyed your first chapters.

I hadn't read your work before (stumbled upon it by luck when you left a welcome message for me), but I was entranced.

I actually have an archived version of the archerland site available to me - when I realized you were on there it was all I could do not to read ahead a few chapters for a sneak peek !

West

I'm glad you like it, West...I'm tweaking it a little for Gay Authors. It will be the New Improved Crosscurrents, Now With Brightening Agents! Actually, like improved laundry soap, most people won't even be able to tell the difference. The changes won't even be that big. A typo corrected here, a word changed there, some imagery tweaked, a literary cliche dumped. The writing improvements probably won't register with people; they'll just make me happier.