Bookmarking~Weee

Bookmarking  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you bookmark a lot?

This was brought to my attention the other day as I was trying to sort through all the crap I'd accumulated over the months. I have a bad habit of bookmarking something, thinking I might want to go back to it later, and then never end up going back...

As you can imagine...I had an insane amount of web pages bookmarked. Everything from recipes to pages on wikipedia about random topics I was deluding myself into thinking I'd revisit or attempt to understand. There were bookmarks to stories, mangas, videos, songs, you name it! Anyway, I reformatted my computer and I now have 5 bookmarks already. I'm going to stop my addiction to bookmarking right now!

Do you bookmark excessively? Or do you NEVER bookmark anything?

Also, list a couple of random/funny/weird bookmarks. Let's say 3.

I'm limited at the moment so I won't start.

• Site Administrator

I bookmark moderately, I think. However I have oh.. 50+ on average of just mine. I typically try to clear them out every few months but always have about 20 at least.

Random bookmarks:

How to get melted crayon out of dried clothes eHow.com (I love this site)

YouTube-Jeff Dunham-Achmed the dead terrorist (This guy is funny as hell)

EC Fans News & Updates Archives (Jean Auel website)

Yeah... I'm mostly just a boring old mom. I also have writers/authors websites, recipes, stories, craft pages.... gotta love the net, everything and anything at your fingertips. LOL

Oh Cia!!! I love Achchchchmed!!! I still tell my sister "I kill you" when ever we're on the phone!! He is my favorite followed by Jose the Pepinillo! So funny!

I don't go crazy Bookmarking but do some, sites I don't want to loose. I mostly copy/paste links and send them to myself on YahooMail, especially links to stories.

I have tons of bookmarks also, but they're all sorted into various things. Music links, computer stuff, art stuff, random links of interest at some point in time. I dont really think theres really any pressing need to deal with bookmarks, its not like they really take up space or anything :P

1. Coolest House in the Neighborhood skit

2. Texts From Last Night

3. The Ronin Motion/Art Studio

Currently I have 80 bookmarks...and I deleted at least a dozen just a few days ago. blink.gif

I've also got the Texts From Last Night. specool.gif My all-time favorite:

(508):

awoke with 47 plastic lawn flamingos in my bed and on surrounding floor. explanation?

(1-508):

you said they were your minions of evil that protected you from ferrets.

I've also got Glossary of Nautical Terms and Web Sudoku.

I have 16 speed-dial sites. I regularly use 10 of them.

I have made 6 bookmarks and Opera came with like...5. It's kinda neat because in the address bar the first sites that come up are my bookmarks. I sort them into folders, sort of. I don't have enough bookmarks to make a true sort worthwhile. My speed-dial is sorted really well. GA [6] comes right after facebook [5] because 5-8 are my social sites.

I am an advocate of bookmarks, I use them a lot at work. Probably 30 of them in 5 folders or so. Plenty.

I barely bookmark at all. I have eight total right now. Two are for how to get six pack abs, which I will never get, one poem (The More Loving One by W.H. Auden), one online course for school, and the rest are for stories (awesomedude, deweywriter, crvboy, and the mustard jar).

my yahoo-group had better be on there. Kidding. LOL.

Nephy, bookmarking is like favouriting, only cooler.cool.gif you can organize websites you visit often so you don't actually have to TYPE it out...cause you know that takes so long.blink.gif Some interesting bookmarks everyone has...though i'm not impressed entirely.devilsmiley.gif You should put my profile/stories on all your bookmark pagey things. :D

I also have an announcement to make...*ahem*I no longer use firefox and so do not have bookmarks. No more websites about mental disorders and schizophrenia being bookmarked for me. Chyeahh.

• 2 months later...

I'm addicted to Bookmarking. I love organizing the links; so I have each bookmark separated into folders and, in some cases, sub-folders. My category with the most bookmarks is my Web Development folder. I house tutorials, portfolios for inspiration, and other things relating to that subject. I think in that folder alone I have around 50 - 60. Total on my system, easily over 100. :P

I have 300+ bookmarks easily. I use this to organize them and so I can access them from anywhere, it keeps the bookmarks synchronized across computers. I'm doing what Elias does, everything is sorted into folders and subfolders, related to either work or play. The nice thing about Firefox bookmarks is the tagging. I really like being able to tag a bookmark with a verb and a noun, it makes it so much easier to find stuff.

i cant bookmark on my laptop..... .stupid google wont save my searches either, very annoying :thumbdown:

on my ipod touch i book mark stories that im reading, my favourite authors and sites i visit often

I bookmark publishers pages, writing groups, and research sites a lot. Of those, I probably have a couple of hundred which I then group under headings. Anything otherwise though, not often. I can always go back and find it. In that I am rather boring and usually visit the same sites over and over and don't surf very much.

I didn't see anyone mention *desktop shortcuts*. Isn't this a form of bookmarking?

When I have to leave a story before finishing it I simply create (with two quick clicks) a shortcut. Then when I come home amd pw back in all I have to do is click/click and I'm right back to where I was when I stopped.

However, if I want to KEEP it, I use favorites. Hmmmm. I wonder if I can shortcut favorites....?